Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Greenflowz

What's people thoughts on the Autopot water system?

I usually use nft tanks but due to a change of house limited room for the nft tanks so I was gonna switch to pots and came across the autopot system seen a few videos on youtube of some good produce from them and drawn to them even more what everyone's options on them? 

1 person likes this

I was sceptical to begin but once I’d put them in and left them a week they went crazy, I’ve seen they’ve just released a newer valve with a bigger hole for the feed line so can run organic nutes etc, really easy to set up just make sure every things pushed screwed up right to avoid leaks 

1 person likes this

I've used them to good effect in the past.

1 person likes this

Hello bud. Never used them. I run oxypots. I love them. Might be another option for you to consider?? 

Did you ever do a diary please @bearukc

I'd love to see how it went.:pitchfork:

I use them ,never had a problem with the valves at all.

Read some negative comments but the actual grows done on here seem to turn out OK.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Kipper420 said:

Did you ever do a diary please @bearukc

I'd love to see how it went.:pitchfork:

No sorry , mate. I'm useless at diaries (and photography) 

1 person likes this

Just now, bearukc said:

No sorry , mate. I'm useless at diaries (and photography) 

I remember you winning one of the top prizes in the early sweetseeds comp, am I imagining it mate?

1 person likes this

I did win something but it was one of those random ones I think. I've never won a photo comp on here or COTC. i won three Bud of the Month comps on the old UK Cultivator but my partner fucked off and took my camera. I just can't get the hang of the new one although I've grown many worthy contenders! I actually find it pretty frustrating and considered a digi SLR just for budshots!

1 person likes this

Just now, bearukc said:

and considered a digi SLR just for budshots!

That's what I use mate, the bloody cable input stopped working, so I used a SD card and reader now, easy peasy :)

e2a, I was thinking of SK1 after all, you both have a bear in the avi iirc :)

Edited by ratdog
1 person likes this

Thanks @bearukc

I might interrogate you via pm or thread at some time in the future about it .

My intrest spring purely from my laziness and wish to find a system where the plants will look after themselves.

Cheers big ears.

1 person likes this

I use their easy 2 go valve but not the full system.

I made wooden frames covered in capillary matting and put them in a black greenhouse tray. The plants sit on top in fabric pots. The easy 2 go valve keeps the tray full to below the level of the base of the pots.

If I soak everything and fill a reservoir attached to the valve I can leave the grow for 2 weeks, meaning that I go on holiday without stress.

Just having a look at the oxypot xl is it fair to say a relatively noobie hydro grower could have successful results, I like the fact the footprint is essentially the same as a plant pot but I'm just wondering how much messing about this would involve thinking of running eight* debating whether to switch from soil....whats the work load like, do you get a much better plant and yield from one of these vs a good soil based system?