Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Rikmac

Does my setup sound right?

25 posts in this topic

Hello all

I have recently got my grow up and running but not sure if I've missed something any pointers would be great

My setup is......

6ft x 3ft space in shed

I have a pallet with storage heater bricks on it and 2 x tube heater in pallet controlled by a timer coming on for 15mins per hour lights off and 15mins per 2 hours lights on

my root temps are 23 lights on 20 lights off

I have an Inkbird controller for canopy height temps which turns a oil heater on for heat and the fans on for cool

fans are venting outside and drawing from outside

temps set for 26 and this method is keeping that temp lights on or off

I also have a Inkbird controller for the humidity which is set to 60Rh with a humidifier in one socket and a dehumidifier in the other......the dehumidifier has not had to work yet (I think down to fans clearing air when temps go up)

Humidity goes from 65Rh max down to 30Rh when fans kick in

again humidity sensor is at canopy level

I have my humidifier pointed at my oil filled radiator 

I have an oscillating fan which is on another timer set to come on 20mins in morning and 20mins at night

I have this pointed at the back of my oil filled radiator so blows warm are and the humidifier outlet towards my babies

Temps go up as this happens which in turn brings on my extract/inlet fans

I have 2 x 600W LED viparspectra lights side by side 22inch above canopy on 18/6 at the moment

I have planted in B & Q Verve mulitcompost and so far only given water

My fans are 4inch on a speed controller

Hello all

I have recently got my grow up and running but not sure if I've missed something any pointers would be great

Plants are 4 week old

My setup is......

6ft x 3ft space in shed

I have a pallet with storage heater bricks on it and 2 x tube heater in pallet controlled by a timer coming on for 15mins per hour lights off and 15mins per 2 hours lights on

my root temps are 23 lights on 20 lights off

I have an Inkbird controller for canopy height temps which turns a oil heater on for heat and the fans on for cool

fans are venting outside and drawing from outside

temps set for 26 and this method is keeping that temp lights on or off

I also have a Inkbird controller for the humidity which is set to 60Rh with a humidifier in one socket and a dehumidifier in the other......the dehumidifier has not had to work yet (I think down to fans clearing air when temps go up)

Humidity goes from 65Rh max down to 30Rh when fans kick in

again humidity sensor is at canopy level

I have my humidifier pointed at my oil filled radiator 

I have an oscillating fan which is on another timer set to come on 20mins in morning and 20mins at night

I have this pointed at the back of my oil filled radiator so blows warm are and the humidifier outlet towards my babies

Temps go up as this happens which in turn brings on my extract/inlet fans

I have 2 x 600W LED viparspectra lights side by side 22inch above canopy on 18/6 at the moment

I have planted in B & Q Verve mulitcompost and so far only given water

My fans are 4inch on a speed controller

No need to keep starting the same thread mate. Just bump it like I have now

Owd

Posted (edited)

Sounds like you are good to go.

i presume you have a carbon filter attached to your extraction fan ( which should be on 24 hours a day or permanently on)

I’ve never bothered about humidity, seems all related to temp and extraction speed

Edited by Rampa Green
1 person likes this

You seem all set to go. The only thing I'm not sure about is the B&Q compost. Have you added any perlite? This will help with drainage.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Owderb said:

No need to keep starting the same thread mate. Just bump it like I have now

Owd

Hi sorry for that....I thought id posted it in the wrong section so reposted in the grow room design bit....its come back on here...Im new to forums so again sorry....

1 minute ago, bearukc said:

You seem all set to go. The only thing I'm not sure about is the B&Q compost. Have you added any perlite? This will help with drainage.

No just the compost...it was a bit of an emergency repot because my bottom leaves turned yellow and they were getting root bound ...i think

What compost would you recommend?

If I'm going to have to repot i may aswell use something good

thanks 

32 minutes ago, Rampa Green said:

Sounds like you are good to go.

i presume you have a carbon filter attached to your extraction fan ( which should be on 24 hours a day or permanently on)

I’ve never bothered about humidity, seems all related to temp and extraction speed

Yes a carboair 50

Its only extracting when temps  go above 27  I've got the extract and intake to come on together when the temp goes up

plants are 4 week old so don't smell yet....i didn't think they would smell till flowering ??  

@Rikmac it’s not just about smell. Your plants will require a constant supply of fresh air so you’ll need to run fans 24/7

3 people like this

I have some experience with Viparspectra.  Unfortunately, you're likely to need something else for flowering.  There's a lot of blue and not enough red spectrum for the best quality flowering.  They are great for veg though.  Might be worth adding something for big buds.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Rikmac said:

No just the compost...it was a bit of an emergency repot because my bottom leaves turned yellow and they were getting root bound ...i think

What compost would you recommend?

If I'm going to have to repot i may aswell use something good

thanks 

I always got on OK with Canna Pro soil. I would add perlite and some extra dolomite lime as a buffer.

Edited by bearukc
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

I have some experience with Viparspectra.  Unfortunately, you're likely to need something else for flowering.  There's a lot of blue and not enough red spectrum for the best quality flowering.  They are great for veg though.  Might be worth adding something for big buds.

What did you use for flowering? thats a pisser i bought 2x 600W

7 minutes ago, Rikmac said:

What did you use for flowering? thats a pisser i bought 2x 600W

I know mate.  Wish I hadn't been fooled by the marketing crap at the time.  I'm using the V450 but in a small space.  Buds are generally quite airy so this is the last time I'm planning to use it.  If you can send them back then I'd say do it.  Otherwise, some supplementary red lights may be needed.  Hope it works out for you though.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes get extractor on 24/7

might not need intake on though until summer

Edited by Rampa Green
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 11/03/2019 at 8:38 PM, bearukc said:

I always got on OK with Canna Pro soil. I would add perlite and some extra dolomite lime as a buffer.

Hi got the Canna pro soil today,Do you need to add neuts staight away? or is there food in the soil?

Sorry its coco pro plus

Edited by Rikmac