Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biscuit boy

Flood and drain problem help

16 posts in this topic

Hi Im currently doing my first flood and drain grow, I’ve started to get a little problem the leaves started to look like the pictures . I first thought they where getting a little hungry but as you can see got small nute burn on end of leaves .currently at ec 1.3 ph 5.5 slowly rising to 6 . Plant magic hydro . Temps lights on 25 lights off no lower than 19 

pictures show progression 

large.85A79FCE-74A9-462E-B6B9-7B48DD92EEAC.jpeglarge.1197B904-F727-4A3F-ACD9-456561938ECC.jpeglarge.2430BD84-E4C7-42E9-A6D2-3CA491A9C577.jpeg

large.F1F5EAAA-186F-4402-B611-8D342C6BC23F.jpeglarge.582D1740-9432-46E4-9DE4-6AB1035318F8.jpeg

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, biscuit boy said:

Temps lights on 25 lights off no lower than 19

If you have no heater in the res your pot temps will drop quite a bit lower than 19c...

Plants will stop growing below 18c and start throwing up all sorts of deficiencies like you have here.

Pretty sure that's your problem bud...:oldtoker:

3 people like this

38 minutes ago, stu914 said:

If you have no heater in the res your pot temps will drop quite a bit lower than 19c...

Plants will stop growing below 18c and start throwing up all sorts of deficiencies like you have here.

Pretty sure that's your problem bud...:oldtoker:

Ahhh nice one mate what’s  ideal res temp mate 

Just now, biscuit boy said:

Ahhh nice one mate what’s  ideal res temp mate 

I use an aquarium heater set at 20c and that keeps it between 19c and 21c which is pretty much spot on...

Hope this sorts it for you...:yep:

2 people like this

looks like magnesium deficiency on the leaves.

how often are you flooding/ feeding them?

@biscuit boy whatever you do be careful with the aquarium heater tho! I destroyed an entire crop from setting heater at 25 (which I know now is too high I thought the size of the system it wouldn’t get up to 25 I was wrong!) I think it malfunctioned tho as the res temps were sitting at 28. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, badbillybob said:

looks like magnesium deficiency on the leaves.

how often are you flooding/ feeding them?

3 times when lights on 

1 person likes this

that's about right, maybe give them some cal mag or magnesium mono from canna

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

that's about right, maybe give them some cal mag or magnesium mono from canna

These deficiencies could well disappear once he has the res temps in range so I would hang on until then...:yep:

:oldtoker:

19 hours ago, stu914 said:

I use an aquarium heater set at 20c and that keeps it between 19c and 21c which is pretty much spot on...

Hope this sorts it for you...:yep:

stu914 do you reckon them temps will also be ideal for pots of hydroton and drip feed. Im debating sticking some clones in to test run in my veg space then if they are happy will fill the cab up at some point.

1 person likes this

Just now, tokenroll said:

ideal for pots of hydroton and drip feed.

Hi toke, pretty much perfect bud providing the pots are sitting directly on the res lid they will be kept nice and warm,

I'm a great lover of drippers and it's how my veg is set up, I say drippers, mine is an open flow system, just a couple of spouts in each pot.

Saved my bacon when I first started out and was struggling to get the hang of growing, decided to try drippers after multiple failures with other

methods and it worked a treat...:yep:

1 person likes this

@stu914 cheers, getting sick of coco etc so change up soon.

1 person likes this

Just now, tokenroll said:

@stu914 cheers, getting sick of coco etc so change up soon.

You will find growth rates are accelerated and even larger pots can soon become rootbound,

I used to make extra holes in the pots and allow roots to grow into the res, they don't need much encouragement.

If this happens then either fluming or an airstone is the order of the day...choices, fecking choices...:headpain:

1 person likes this

On 07/03/2019 at 2:40 PM, stu914 said:

These deficiencies could well disappear once he has the res temps in range so I would hang on until then...:yep:

Hi mate upped the temp with an aquarium heater and all plants looking superb thanks for the help 

2 people like this