Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bubbleguppie

best 315 cmh kit reccomendations as well as 5 inch extractor

Hi all a friend of mine is going to lend me 3 ton in order to buy a new cmh. After  achat with some one down in ,y lat under similair condtions to growing set up etc he has strongly recommend i follow his path and take the plunge .  He advised my self against led or cfls but said man once ya get a good fan in there Just look at the results i got. To be fair he had a stomper yield just before christmas with his 630 cmh.  Yeah but im a bit a skint right now was my reply tell ya what he says ill lend ya the cash and buy you one. Result  ;):) my room is quiet big 3 meter long x 1.5 wide x 1,.5 high (attic ). Now i can apricate that the cmh is a lower wattage to my last run of 600 dual spec hps in there.  So im on the market for a good quality kit for around about the 2 to 300 mark please. Also are the rhino 5 inch thermo fans quiet ( I know ill have to get a varriac put it as well ), im going for as stealthy as poss and hopefully a no noise climate thanks for advice

Normally I'd say check out G&H for a CMH set up but they dont sell the two reflectors I'd recommend, the cheaper is the maxibright focus remote reflector which costs about £60,

the other reflector is the dimlux alpha 98 but that costs near £100. as for what ballast to go for, one of the most reliable is the maxibright 315w daylight ballast & there's been very few

mentions of folks having problems with them. 

as for what lamps to go for, there's three, there's the 942 Mastercolour lamp which similar to MH & are good for vegging with if running a two lamp system, next up is the 930 Mastercolour

lamp which is similar to HPS, also just point out, you can do a full grow with just a 930 lamp but depending on your plants, they might stretch a bit when going from 18/6 to 12/12,

lastly there's the 930 Green Power Elite Agro lamp which is a specialized enhanced flowering lamp with a far red light spectral output (techy talk) lol

as for the price of the CMH lamps, a 942 & 930 will cost you close to £100 from a grow shop but you can get them from lighting suppliers for £72, as for the 930 Agro lamp, they usually cost

close to £100 on ebay. if you go with a full 315w kit, you can get the maxibright daylight ballast-focus remote reflector-930 Agro lamp for £240 & if you go with a two lamp system (942 & 930 lamp)

it'll cost about £312 + p&p.

I dont know anything about the ruck thermal fan but if a fan is on a variac & your using acoustic ducting, then there shouldn't be a lot of noise, have you tried wrapping your fan up or putting it in a box

& insulate it with either a blanket/sleeping bag/insulation foam (Leepy style - search the site) 

if your only running one 315w, I would check out either the 5" systemaire or 5" ruck/can fan, they both move a lot of air 320/350 CFM & both cost about £75 & are highly reliable.

but if you intend to add another 315w set up in the future then I'd suggest you get a 6" fan.

1 person likes this