Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nl5

Sunmaster 250 W MH Cool Deluxe 6500K E40

Has anyone used these bulbs? I replaced my old veging light for 1, holy shit there bright!! And give off a lot of heat, I had to raise it over a meter from the plants. And is making a vibrating noise I suppose 1 of the metal prongs in the bulbs excited from the extreme heat. Not what you’d expect from a 250w lol hope it’s not faulty and itching to explode or something....

If you are having to raise the reflector 1 metre above the plants to avoid scorching then something is seriously wrong, mine can be 8-10 inches above the tops of the plants without harming them.

As for  vibration maybe reseat the bulb in the socket.

Are you using a dimmable ballast and it's on too high a setting?

I think you will find it's 7200k not 6500, it's Phillips MH that are 6500.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

If you are having to raise the reflector 1 metre above the plants to avoid scorching then something is seriously wrong, mine can be 8-10 inches above the tops of the plants without harming them.

As for  vibration maybe reseat the bulb in the socket.

Are you using a dimmable ballast and it's on too high a setting?

I think you will find it's 7200k not 6500, it's Phillips MH that are 6500.

I think it is a 6500k looked it up on google because I threw the packet out lol no it’s not a dimmable ballast there’s nothing I can do but keep the light really high, the heat damaged plants are now thriving with the bulb really high, is causing damage to another seedling now. It’s a tiny halfsized bulb the amount of light it’s kicking outs unreal.

I fixed the rattle I had to over tighten it a bit, the metal insides aren’t centred there touching the glass on 1 side.

Im gona have to buy a new bulb at end of the month.

The element touching the side is probably the cause of this, don't see many complaints about them.

Yes they are quite good but I can hold my hand about 8 inches from the bulb and it just feels warm.

I wouldn't leave it another 3 weeks I would change it now, it really does sound like it's about to blow .

1 person likes this