Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DustyHaze

New to growing

im a 19 year old who is looking to start a crop, would like to be a crop of jelato or chemdawg or a purple urkle but I live ink the uk, I would like advice on what to purchase and where and what would be the best methods of growing these types of weed, thankyou for your time 

7 minutes ago, DustyHaze said:

im a 19 year old who is looking to start a crop, would like to be a crop of jelato or chemdawg or a purple urkle but I live ink the uk, I would like advice on what to purchase and where and what would be the best methods of growing these types of weed, thankyou for your time 

Are you planning to grow indoors or outdoors?

I am wanting an indoor grow at the lowest cost possible just want to start up for personal smoke 

Welcome!

You will need a growing space, either a tent or grow room.

Light

Heaters

Exhaust fan with carbon filter for smell

Circulating fan

Medium - soil / Coco etc

Nutrients

There's loads of info online so I'd start doing some research. Have a look at some grow diary's on here to see what others are doing.

What is your budget? Bear in mind the cost for electric over the grow. 

2 people like this

Then make sure you have a safe place to grow.  Don't tell ANYONE what you're up to.  Get some seeds online (there are countless suppliers), do a bit of research or pop down to your local hydro shop for advice, and of course, ask the online community.  You'll need to consider:

• grow space/grow tent
  • lighting
  • extraction
  • humidity
  • soil/coco etc
  • nutrients
  • water/water management
  • pots/containers
  • odour control
  • air circulation/fresh air supply
  • temperature

It's a bit much to cover in one answer, perhaps others can chime in.  Do some research and community members will be inclined to answer some more specific questions.  Good luck

2 people like this

thankyou all for being so kind and helpful, what are some of the best sites too buy seeds of and is there any tinned California weed like sunset sherbet or sherblato seeds

1 person likes this

Hi bud and welcome,

Whatever your budget is, double it and add some...

Setting up a grow operation is not cheap if you want to do it right, avoid the authorities, rippers and have quality smoke at the end...

Environment is the most important part, you need a good extractor fan and carbon filter, preferably on a controller, this will help to control temps and humidity.

Start with good quality compost, pots and nutrients designed to grow cannabis, (you can get away with tomato food to start with if money is tight)

Decide how much space you have available to grow and how many plants you need to become dealer free.

Have a look at the diaries on here (as already mentioned) find a space similar to yours and see what they are using, this space will determine which light you need.

There are other bits as you progress but this lot should get you started...keep everything simple and your gob firmly shut... do not tell, sell or create smell...

Lastly but not leastly get all your advice and guidance on here, nowhere else...especially from people who work in growshops,

they cannot legally discuss things with you and invariably talk a load of bollox as they remove the contents of your wallet...

If you subscribe to this site you will recieve some of the best seeds to be had...free... otherwise there are several seed sponsers on here...

Good luck bud

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

Hello and welcome!

Im using a pretty budget setup for my first grow. I got virtually all the bits of fleabay the only thing I bought offline was compost. The whole lot cost around £350. Pretty sure that's as cheap as it comes without going DIY.

1 person likes this

Ive just finished my first ever grow and im super happy about it ive really tried my best but when i harvested it smelt amazing now im about 3 days into drying and it smells like grassy with q hint of the lemon smell i dont know what ive done wrong my temp is 17c-20c humidity 55-65

1 hour ago, freedom4ever said:

Ive just finished my first ever grow and im super happy about it ive really tried my best but when i harvested it smelt amazing now im about 3 days into drying and it smells like grassy with q hint of the lemon smell i dont know what ive done wrong my temp is 17c-20c humidity 55-65

This is normal in my experience.  The smell comes back during the curing process.

2 people like this

Thank you for the response i hope so 

2 people like this

Just keep burping those jars until you're sure they're dry enough to be sealed up for longer periods.  I lost a whole mason jar of prime bud to mould once.  I believe I cried.  After about 2 weeks you'll start to notice that sweet scent coming back.