Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Farmer davo

Another 315w Cmh?

Posted (edited)

So I currently run 4 x Sun Systems 315w parabolics in a 1.5x1.5x2.2m tent (1260 watts / cica 1000uMol per m2) 

Temps are bang on for the most part but this last couple of days the winter appears to have set in and I'm at 22°c lights on tonight. 

I was thinking about adding a 5th for over winter when I can get away with it Temps wise but I'm worried it may be ott? Is it possible to have to much light? (1575 watts / cicra 1300uMol). 

It's either that or waste money running a heat source during lights on :(

Thoughts? 

Thanks, 

FD

Edited by Farmer davo

whats temps lights off

save your money & buy some 4ft tube heaters instead, even at 22c the plants will grow but you need to be more worried about lights out temps,

especially at pot height, once it starts getting below 19/20c then the plants stop growing so its important to keep them toasty.

1 person likes this

Lights out Temps are fine, I have heat mats, 4 x1m tube heaters and 2 x 1kw rads at my disposal as/when needed. 

I hate using rads though during lights on, I feel I can get much more bang for my buck with an additional light?

The other option I thought about is a 250w hps for extra red spectrum? .. Much cheaper to buy also. 

2 people like this

do you run the heat mats - tube heaters 24/7 during winter or just a lights off time ?

the reason I'm asking is that 22c at lights on time with 4 315w lights running seems awfully low.

Very similar set up to mine (1.4x1.4 4x sun systems 315 lec) although wth lights on I would never get temps below 26 that’s with extreme cold intake. 

Where are you intaking from and what’s the temp. And where are you measuring the temperature? 

What reflectors ate they? I can just about fit 4 in a 1.4x1.4

20 hours ago, Joint hogger said:

do you run the heat mats - tube heaters 24/7 during winter or just a lights off time ?

the reason I'm asking is that 22c at lights on time with 4 315w lights running seems awfully low.

Just heat mats currently 24/7, set to 20°c.. I'm trying the material type air pruning pots actually for this run and I'm very impressed, seem to hold Temps better too. Then a 1kw heater during lights out only, which is just about coping to maintain 20°c.

20 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

Very similar set up to mine (1.4x1.4 4x sun systems 315 lec) although wth lights on I would never get temps below 26 that’s with extreme cold intake. 

Where are you intaking from and what’s the temp. And where are you measuring the temperature? 

What reflectors ate they? I can just about fit 4 in a 1.4x1.4

I intake from a cracked window I have boarded up and added a wall sprocket to, temp last night was 10°c, overall temp was 24°c. Temps are taken from canopy level. 

I have the sun systems parobilics they fit really nice in a 1.5x1.5m, I'll upload a pic once lights on. 

Happy at 24°c tbh but it's only going to get colder :(

2 people like this