Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FatBoy54

Too much light

I have 8x4x8 ft grow tent,, inside i have 2x 1000w leds 1x 600w led and 1x 600w maxi bright cdm is this amount of light detrimental to my grow or a positive thing ?? 

Edited by Owderb
MOVED OUT OF NEW MEMBERS FORUM

Welcome my man, I tried to supplement my 600w HPS  with 4 strategically placed 80w led's in my 1.2*1.2m tent. They were around 26-30inches away from my plants and bleached the shit out them, was really gutted, ruined, was karmas headstash too. 

That's 3200w... Mine bleached with the equivelant of 920w in half the space, overkill if u ask me, maybe someone wiser will be along..... Atb..... :yinyang:

Haven't done LED but 600w per m2 is good enough with HPS. You can get away with 400w m2 and still produce decent yields. 

1 person likes this

Hey mate, welcome to forums.

Led lights are quite also quite tricky to judge in terms off working out if you have enough light. The reason being there is a huge difference in quality between leds on the market and they all have different reccomended distance from the top of the plants.

If you had hlg leds for example you could simply install a lux meter app on your phone and work off this

Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux  Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux

The above does not work so well with leds that give off the purple glow sadly.

One thing for sure though is to make sure you look at each of the led lights reccomended distances from the manufacturing websites of you decide to keep them all running.

Good luck man.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, FatBoy54 said:

I have 8x4x8 ft grow tent,, inside i have 2x 1000w leds 1x 600w led and 1x 600w maxi bright cdm is this amount of light detrimental to my grow or a positive thing ?? 

If you tag 'diyleduk' he sponsors on here, he will put you right bud.,,:yep:

:oldtoker:

6 people like this

Well folks thank you for your replies and with a little research and your help I answered my own question, as long as you keep the correct distance from plants and actually find out true wattage, lumens produced etc, control temps and humidity. my lighting regime worked well, Im fairly new to cultivation this was my fifth grow and the results were my best to date with both quantity and quality i actually felt quite proud of myself, and after a lengthy jar cure I had some quality toke that even my hardcore pals gave the thumbs up .

Just starting round 6 of my growing career using similar set up and now I have a little more confidence will post my first grow journal on here ,,, my grow knowledge is a little more now, so can hopefully back my corner when the onslaught from the elder brethren begins :skin_up:thanks again peace tyall