Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Intense Nutrients

Best Boosts

16 posts in this topic

What are everybody's favourite boosts and why?

IN

3 people like this

Don't really use them as don't trust what's in the bottle .. If only makers more open if pgr's used or not , some now mention if it has stimulants like triacontanol on bottle I know some the no till guys use it from alfalfa ... So what's in your stuff that sets it out from other brands ? :oldtoker:

Edited by Arthur Mix
6 people like this

Compost tea and molasses. Loads of it for super sweet sticky buds. Poured over the top like lol

7 people like this

I've never yet managed to have a controlled enviroment to say with if using boost has actually made any difference, other than a hole in my wallet.  I've used several, canna H&G, shogun and at least two more that I can't recall.  Each time I've grown bud, I get bud.  Can't say I wouldn't have got the exact same result without any tho, this time I'm just going to get in some molasses.

2 people like this

I gave in using any boosts. They just aren't needed if the base nutrient is up to scratch

Owd

10 people like this

Pk13/14 if that's classed as a boost. 

Toke...

2 people like this

I use only sensi grow and bloom base nutes,  Buddhas Tree PK during flower. Not cheap but goes a heck of a long way.

I've done same strain grows both with and without using it, the yield was way down when I left it out.

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

On 13/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Don't really use them as don't trust what's in the bottle .. If only makers more open if pgr's used or not , some now mention if it has stimulants like triacontanol on bottle I know some the no till guys use it from alfalfa ... So what's in your stuff that sets it out from other brands ? :oldtoker:

Triacontanol is one of many fantastic stimulants we use within our boost.

At Intense, we're constantly on the search for new and innovative stimulants and ingredients to better our already trusted and proven formula.

WE DO NOT!!! and will never use a Plant Growth Regulator. You're right, PGR's are found within a lot of leading boosts and you have every reason to be skeptical but any respectable brand with integrity would steer clear.

IN

4 people like this

Hi @Intense Nutrients please can you list the ingredients in your wide load boost. Currently doing a grow log using your products and I am in flower right now. My plants are flowering profusely with the wide load but I am skeptical because terps are lacking in fact they all smell very similar, which got me thinking

regards

c

2 people like this

So.. Just spoke the owner on the phone and the guy is sound as a pound, he reassured me theirs nothing nefarious in the boost product. Was a little worried because how rapidly the plants are packing on the flower clusters. Thanks @Intense Nutrients I will update my diary on Friday day 21 flower. Bob your head in and see for yourself 

regards

cc 

4 people like this

1 hour ago, crticalcontent said:

Hi @Intense Nutrients please can you list the ingredients in your wide load boost. Currently doing a grow log using your products and I am in flower right now. My plants are flowering profusely with the wide load but I am skeptical because terps are lacking in fact they all smell very similar, which got me thinking

regards

c

We just spoke on the phone.

Glad I could clear up your skepticism and put your mind at rest. It's exciting to think our products are work to their full potential and that you're getting personal best results. 

Good luck and for any support call or email at anytime.

Al IN 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients said:

We just spoke on the phone.

Glad I could clear up your skepticism and put your mind at rest. It's exciting to think our products are work to their full potential and that you're getting personal best results. 

Good luck and for any support call or email at anytime.

Al IN 

Thanks for the technical support !! Top bloke

1 person likes this

Worm tea & molasses plus Brutal Buds(0-49-32), made in Valencia I think.

There is a Youtube video in Spanish where they took the 5 most sold boosters and Brutal Buds came out on top. It’s more than just a P-K booster, got a few other goodies in there. Google it to find out coz mine is upstairs and I can’t be arsed going to look at the label.

Does it work? Dunno but I get very good yields of sweet sticky buds so I’ll continue using this combination.

1 person likes this

I've never really found a boost that has any significant effect. They're all bells and whistles on the packet but do very little. The only boost type product I use is Maxicrop seaweed and an occasional hit of PK13/14 if I want to speed up flowers finishing. I essentially gave up boost products five years ago and there's no difference in my grows that I can see.

edit. I tried some stuff called Superbud about 10 years ago and that had dramatic effects. The buds doubled in size in 3 days and the crop looked finished in 5 weeks. The bud looked ok until you looked under a magnifying glass. The trichomes were all twisted a deformed and there was very little crystal. The bud tasted horrid as well. I've got some pics somewhere.

Edited by bearukc
2 people like this

Not convinced by most PK type boosters either.

I like chitin, chitosan & chitinase (from insect frass, not tried shellfish or malted barley powder). Well studied and shown to reduce disease (botrytis, root rot, fungal infections etc) through improved systemic acquired resistance. Also seems to affect potency (increased protective compounds, essential oils, resin), and be a good food for the hypoaspis-type predator mites that live in my pots as a bonus. Small amounts work best (I give 3 or 4 very light top dresses through flower).

Superbud was paclobutrazol iirc. :puke:

3 people like this