Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bubbleguppie

plot prepping when to start ???

96 posts in this topic

Right guys a little further south then most of your self at lattitude 49.2  Ive been walking the spaniel on some bloody epic walks recnetly with the daughter in tow as well (but she wont be coming with us so much next year ).   Ive found what seems to me as a great bit of land unsed basically i was going to do them (dutch passion auto ducks ) in the woods near where I live.  But have gone off that Idea some what for obvious reasons.  How ever our friend google earth walk through lead me on to a clearing (field maintained  to some extant ), beyond that clea5 kring was a dissuesd field ya know the kind full of stingers as soon as ya wenty tucked away as well. 

The beuty of this particular spot is that she is on a south south east faceing field with a decent size hedge growth covering the fields from each other.  The said area gets around the same as i do in the garden around 16 hours of sun light from late may.  How ever end of august september it pissed it down hence wanting to go for 12 weeks allthough i like the look of dinafems quick 50 dayer

The avarage temp was 15 minmum may just gone june was 20 (even over night ) Jully and august was just a scortcher.  Within the said chosen months we had almost two weeks with out rain at some points for all 3 months . How ever I can apricate next year may or may not be as good as this

I was going to clear some space in amongst the stingers and transport say 2 15 litres worth of soil in grow bags up there.  Ive got a ph and ec tester so i can test for the ph quality etc tomz when I go and re visit. Im happy with the spot as its 4 fields in from any road and about 600 yds away from any main roads.  Ill get some photos of the patch and the area up tomz.   

My main questions Are as follows

1 How far into the year do you guys prepr the plots ?? i mean i know im going to have to add dehydrated lime etc to the plot as our rainfall down here is some what arround 3,7 3,8 ph

2 Am I right in thinking return to the plot as little as poss over the said 12 weeks my autos are out for ???

3 Is the auto duck from dutch passion going to be a good choice for my said plot ??

Any infor and input from some of you great folk be appricated

1 person likes this

1 Start as soon as you can, the longer it is left once ammended the better. Your rainfall means fuck all, if you feel you must, test your soil and lime accordingly

2. As much as is needed and little enough to not get caught, that depends on your plot

3. Run any auto you want is my vote but stagger them so you dont put all your eggs in one basket if it turns to rain for the last two weeks of your whole crop and  its mold city

6 people like this

In a way the sooner the better. Fucking shitter when you realise that later on that spot can't be used though. Or just gets found because things stand out a lot more when surroundings die off.

Edited by Conspiranought

I agree that the earlier you start the better it will be.

If you're just plonking autos in Grow bags I would wait until a few weeks or even days before plant out. No point leaving evidence of a potential grow around for longer than needed. 

Also so I would move away from auto duck. They're a novelty mate.  every person who I've spoken to or read a report from does not rate the smoke. 

So if you want actual enjoyable bud get something proven, especially if it's your first grow as autos are easy to stunt n ruin. Maybe something early and fem from real gorilla seeds. Sure there will Be lots of new stock going on the site before the season starts 

3 people like this

Plus one on avoiding auto duck. 

Its pish, weak tasteless crap, go for something more mainstream. 

A solid auto would be my recommendation. it takes less time and wont be liable to rot if its late finishing.

|Like said, look at something from say Real guerrilla seeds or DInafem, and you wont be disappointed.

2 people like this

thanks all to who replied this is the potenail plot i have in mind its well away from any major roads agood hundred yards at least its on top of a wood land the field is acrually south south east facing any advice be apricated thanks again large.IMG_20181102_121959_edit.jpg

a couple of other pics large.IMG_20181102_122012_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20181102_121618_edit_edit.jpg

5 people like this

Just been to prep a new plot for next year, only a ten plant plot.

large.image.jpg

The powder on top is ffb, bonemeal and plant tonic, all now raked in and plot covered with mulch to make it blend in 

large.image.jpglarge.image.jpglarge.image.jpg

The three pics are of the sky in order of South east, South and then South west and being on a mountain will have all day sun from sun rise to sun set.  :yep:

12 people like this

@Jack010 same here buddy i just dont know when to start becuase spud season here runs from Jan to march then in May the corn and maze is done in the field next to it but the plot its self is even 200 yds from the said used field.  Im just thinking would i be better off leaveing it till March after the frosts have killed anything allready up there (stingers etc ) off ??

Edited by bubbleguppie
1 person likes this

plant where the nettles are, i bet the soil is lovely

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

leaveing

I had 3 plots on a mountain just off nature walks and I prepped cut the bushes down and dug the holes and added dry ferts. Added plants and cages in May and they never got found 

Iv also prepped plots in March april and May.

Its up to you really , if you do prep it now, make sure you cover it with mulch from the area to make it blend in.

Can also get a trail cam if you want to check if anyone comes around.  :yep:

1 person likes this

@blackpoolbouncer Yes dude it is i risked the foot with the shown nettles cleared about half foot square dug it (ground )up with my heel and felt good i only plan on doing 3 or 4 there ive diced to run with dps auto white widow as i need less smel as poss come september / early october for when the field in front gets harvestd as they grow corn and maze in there. Also going to top them at knee to thigh high so they belend n well.

Come early sept late august like your selfs the heavens opend and it it was the same as your selfs had but i can start of in a green house or poly tunnnel for first 2 weeks then plant out i am thinking straight in to the ground . 

@Jack010 it was your last grow dairies and a few others that started my trail of thought off for this little adventure Im a keen rambler and my dog walking (springer ) takes a good hour to two of my day.  Im keen to know more about the mentioned trail cam of which you speak, please.   I cant start prepping the plot really as I want to have the area belending in well until the corn and maze is planted around May.  My other option was to roll with dinafems quick critical or quick kush and plant that out as late as June. So it would come into flower just after the maze and corn are cut?? all thoughts and opnions on this would be apricated.  Also purchased some good old camo gear of the bay.  and a few useful tools like trowles gloves etc.  I figure if i start wearing the camo stuff now while out dog walking. I wont look to out of place come time for the said deed.  Figures down here (lat 49 ) are quiet similar to that of biritiz hossager and southern france in the summer junes night time temp didnt fall below 18 day times where in the mid to late 20s all summer.  So im also considering any recomendations that could stand a draught and are yet easy to maintan with out mould etc as I previous mention damn it pissed it down come august sept 

Any further thought on my said choice of strains or any recommendations are highly apricated

1 person likes this

Don't worry about the smell. They don't generally get maize in till November. Plus it's not such an issue outdoors.

Don't top them. Autos won't need it outdoors and if your growing in ntlettles consider that they will get to 3-4 feet tall so if your auto can't keep up with the nettles it will get little light unless you make a nice wee clearing around each plant.

2p

2 people like this

Looks like we need to get this thread up and running again 

3 people like this

Winter when it’s dry and not frozen - a bit early for me yet but there’s nothing like a winters work out plot prepping with some hot soup in a flask and some tasty smoke. I look forward to it every year. 

5 people like this