Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

doobie01

doobies serious strawberry a keil diary

17 posts in this topic

hello and welcome to the start of my strawberry akeil diary.

first of all i want to say a thanks to @Claude for the seeds as i got a six pack from him a while ago and set them going recently overnight in a glass of water then into a damp paper towel for a few days until they all showed a tap root, i carefully put the roots into root-it cubes then into propagater with the top vent open wide for a couple of days until first set of leaves were showing.

large_sak4.jpglarge_sak3.jpglarge_sak2.jpg

veg is being done under this new addition with thanks to this new little beauty from @diyleduk a 4000k hlg 65 quantum led panel and meanwell driver  

large_qb65.jpg

large.5bbfa99a2b16f_mwdriver.jpg

i have jumped the gun and started before i should have as i have others in the dwc buckets flowering so i have built a emergency diy flood and drain system with 2 totes of different heights stood in one another the largest holding the water and pump for the the smallest totes pvc spray bar you will see what i mean below

large.sakfnd.jpg  

holes drilled into tote and a water pump on a timer see if it works for now.

they are looking a bit mangled as i was using a ph meter that was way out and had them in what turned out to be a 7.4 ph overnight so needless to say one is looking worse for wear but hopefully they all pull through.

fed a very low feed of intense nutrients foundation and will be foliar spraying with there GO+ in due course 

its a bit of a rough start in life for them but am sure we will get back on track soon enough

all the best people :) 

9 people like this

bubblegum x ak47...  sounds  delicious mate....... i will pull up a chair for this one ... best of luck with the grow mate  :skin_up:

1 person likes this

i know what you mean mate am hoping for an old school bubblegum flavour with strawberry tones to it sounds great thanks for pulling up a chair :) 

there is a crack in my tote that held the water so have stolen a small 4 pot thing with no pots and am using that for now instead girls are absolutly loving the 65w hlg panel and with it being such a white light makes pics look even better too compared to the dull orange yellow  dual spectrum glow in my big tent lol 

large.sakfnd2.jpg

girls looking much better than earlier in the week would have thought all will survive the poor start now i just need to keep on track lol

lets see how the week progresses 

fed 1ml pl of veg food 

and 2ml pl of foundation 

all the best people :)

5 people like this

Hi man just poking around and found ur diary.... I agree, it sounds like a tasty strain, I'll be watching on with interest to see if u luck out with a bubblegum pheno, fingers crossed for ya man... :yinyang:

2 people like this

thanks m8 whatever flavour that does come am sure it will be tasty havent had any bubblegum for years so strawberry bubblegum yup im on it lol 

2 people like this

Great start Doobie,

You will enjoy the taste of our new strain!!

Respect

Claude

3 people like this

Thanks @Claude am sure i will :)

its another week on and the plants are looking great under the 4000k quantum board from @diyleduk still cant believe its only 65w power draw for such clean light. i think im gonna have to get a couple of the 3000k quantum boards and have a run with them for flowering when i get the funding together expect a pm in a good couple of weeks mate

the girls have had the first full feed of the last few bits of @Intense Nutrients hydro a & b veg food and the foundation roots i have left from the start of my previous diary and can only recommend it to anyone who is looking for a change from the usual nutrients suppliers

good light + good feeds + good seeds = healthy looking plant with a nice squat stature.

large.sssakvwk1pic2.jpg

back when ii was using my old blurple led unit my babies would be all tall and stretched out not anymore :) large.sssakvw1.jpg

they should have been taken from this pot and seperated now as roots have come through into the water but my other pots are still in use and i would have to give up using the hlg 65 due to not having enough head height in my small prop tent for dwc buckets so will be topping these soon and keeping height down as much as possible while my other diary winds up 

all the best people  

4 people like this

Coming along nice :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

finally got em seperated into there own mini pots for now (poundland 11" bins) roots were all matted together as expected so am expecting they will start to look worse for a week or 2 as lost a fair few roots then hopefully pick up again by that time thy will be going into proper tent fora week or 2 veg then flip.

large_sak1.jpg

3 people like this

Hi all didn't do an update last week as it consisted of just plucking the diiying leaves from where I had to remove and separate them all but they have started to come back and look alot happier this week :)

large.compressed_216539356IMG_20181125_122644.jpg

I have moved them into the big tent where late this week they will be hooked up to the the rdwc system chiller and everything else and they will get put under the hps just waiting on a new air pump and stuff so shouldn't be too far away from setting the net up by the time everything is in place properly. 

All the best :)

3 people like this

Coming along nicely :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Hi all looking in finally got new pump sorted and got the girls into the 20ltr pots tent is 200 x 200 and the girls have been living 90x60 so they look a bit lost lol

won't take a longer than a couple of weeks before they will have bushed out and be ready for flipping to 12/12

large.compressed_1930913836IMG_20181201_202302.jpg

Hope you are all smoking something nice this evening all the best people's :)

2 people like this

yeah  mate theyll perk up in no time...mine are the same after i just potted up...atb....:yinyang:

1 person likes this

hi all time for another update :)

so last week they finally got put where they should be so i thought i should tie 4 under the hps down a bit with some garden string when i finished it looked horrific have a look lol 

large.compressed_489701324IMG_20181202_191637.jpg

and left it alone to recover checking ph and ec were in range which they both stayed happily 

was given a good foliar spay with intense nutrients go+ and a light feed as to not cause any more shock to them from having to rip the roots apart to seperate them a couple of weeks ago.

here is what they look like now :

large.compressed_1156817435IMG_20181207_140119.jpg

didnt tie the ones down under the hlg 65 as it is too small really but saves a 400w hps running for a few more weeks think i will take cuts from them all this week and start looking at keeping the odd mum from the best of the pack.

thanks for looking in everyone :)

all the best 

1 person likes this