Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mimicker

Rhino fans.

Hey all, I'm planning my setup for a 1 plant 75x75x200 grow and have been recommended a 6 inch Rvk to get a decent amount of passive flow from the intake.

I was looking at the rhino fans and for a first timer with a small grow they seem the right price point yet I've heard many many members say they have turned to utter shite recently.

I really don't want to have to stick another hundred quid on the top of my tight budget for a better fan n filter, are there any other budget brands that will do for  a year or so until I can master the basics and move onto something bigger

1 person likes this

Just my opinion, but I think a Quality filter is one of the most important items in a set up - for the sake of an extra hundred could mean a lot less hassle down the line - also, a quality filter will last up to 3 years.. cheap ones not so much so it doesn't really cost much extra in the long run ;)

*edit (can confirm...rhino filters are utter shite now)

Edited by prawn
2 people like this

Hi @Mimicker

Is the RVK a systemair fan? From my limited experience, systemair rvk fans are excellent - powerful, not too loud, and reliable.

From my experience, I won't buy another rhino filter because I caught a definite whiff from my last grow using one - it was subtle, but enough for me to decide I won't buy another.

Best of luck!

Oh! As @prawn has already said, filter is your main barrier between you and everyone else knowing you grow... Its a good investment to get as good a filter as you can.

4 people like this

I would recommend a mountain air filter mate, its what im going to get next, i have only heard good things about them

1 person likes this

Mountain air and carboair seem best right now ;)

apparently carboair is the dude who made rhino pros before he sold the company to china 

Edited by prawn
1 person likes this

a 6" fan is a bit ott for a 315w cmh or a 400w hps & I'd be more inclined to get the 5" fan.

1 person likes this

Although I only run a 400watt light, I have a 6” 150L rvk. It’s on a fan controller and never seems to go above 50%.  Very quiet indeed.

Also future proof, in case of an upgrade

2 people like this

My rhino pro filter from day one has always had a sweet smell from it even with no grow on the go, more noticeable when its getting warm air sucked in.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rampa Green said:

Although I only run a 400watt light, I have a 6” 150L rvk. It’s on a fan controller and never seems to go above 50%.  Very quiet indeed.

Also future proof, in case of an upgrade

That's what I was thinking, also with a 6" and passive airflow ensures enough air going in, right?

1 hour ago, tokenroll said:

My rhino pro filter from day one has always had a sweet smell from it even with no grow on the go, more noticeable when its getting warm air sucked in.

Sweet as in sugary or sweet Asin the sweet spot?

1 person likes this

Seems good for me

i have 5 four inch passive vents.

Rhino not sold to China lol  irc nutriculture bought rhino and like most stuff they buy it then shite...:oldtoker:

1 person likes this