Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lucky dan

Can I grow indoors without a growing room?

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello

We have a large airy loft and I am wondering if I could grow without a sealed grow room and exhaust fan, the smell is not a problem you see.

I would simply hang a 1000 watt led light above the plants. Of course, this would limit me to growing only in the warm months, in our case from May till October.

Can you see any flaws in this idea?

Thank you

Lucky Dan

Edited by lucky dan
change title

Don't even think about it dude. If it was that easy none of us would be building rooms. Good luck though.

2 people like this

@lucky dan   Have you considered a tent? Perfect for such situations

Having a proper grow space isn’t just about odour control and stealth, it’s about controlling the environment, I imagine you could grow a plant like that but I think you’d probably be disappointed with the process and final product. 

3 people like this

Get a tent. Good airflow is a must. The smell when flowering would seep into the whole house. 1000w LED would be like an airport. The list of flaws are endless. I also have an airy loft. It is my office space. Has a velux, heating and is carpeted. I wouldn't dream of just hanging a light in there and expecting to function like it wasn't there.

2 people like this

You need to get fresh air in & out of there for your plants & also so humidity doesn’t build up & rot out your timbers. Where ever you grow you need to be able to control fresh air movement & also be able to control the temperature.

2 people like this

Yup, lofts get really hot in summer, and they get really cold in winter.

Both are not great situations to grow in.

You are mixing up active and passive. Your loft is passively airy but your plants actively put out humidity, and your lights actively put out heat.

That can easily overcome the loft's passive ability to remove either.

@

lucky dan

THIS IS NOT A GOOD IDEA AS THERE WILL BE LIGHT LEAKS WHICH WILL MESS UP THE FLOWER AND VEG LIGHT OFF EVEN LITTLE LIGHT CAN MESS UP YOUR PLANTS, PLUS YOUR PLANT WOULD HAVE A REALLY WOODY DIRTY DUST TASTE PLUS THERE ARE LOTS OF INSECT UP THERE.   

why are you shouting & talking a load of crap, really woody dirty dust taste  lol

2 people like this

I say crack on, that's how I started but with less light. After a couple of substandard runs I decided to build a proper cabinet, but the uncontrolled loft runs kept me in green for ages.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and any weed is better than no weed.

1 person likes this

I've got a mate who grows like that, just has 2 X 600w lights hanging off the ceiling and the plants just sit on the bedroom floor and apart from nutes that's it.....no tent, no fans, no filter...etc.

He only gets about 15 oz per crop lol I keep pointing out to him that I get 20+ oz from a single 600w cos I use the proper equipment, but he just won't be told for some reason.....never smells of weed though when I go round.

Get a tent mate , you can even get them to fit your loft space .

7 hours ago, cypher79 said:

.never smells of weed though when I go round.

your sense of smell could be fucked if you use tobacco.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, cypher79 said:

....never smells of weed though when I go round.

21 hours ago, cypher79 said:

Really? 15 oz of weed and his house never smells of it? Kudos to your mate.

Even when I burp a jar full the house stinks. Are you sure he is growing green or possibly Nettles?

1 person likes this

I only ever go in the kitchen when I go round, and I've never smelt anything (the grow is upstairs in the back bedroom)...it probably smells at chop time but I don't go round when he's harvesting.