Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fishbern

No Joke - Using a Lamp?

I'm not taking the piss I promise! :sweaty:  I just want to know if I could invest in a desk type lamp, for the first two weeks of veg before I move them to a permanent home outside. I don't have the means nor space for any sort of room at all.

Even just a single response to this would be amazing. :hippy:

Absolutely yes.  It's not ideal perhaps but what is.  Look for a lamp with a warm white c.f.l. I think around 2700k and you should be fine.  Keep the lamp pretty close.  Two or three inches from the plants.  Best put the plants in a white cardboard box. Lid removed.  Lamp above.  You won't veg much.  Don't expect anything other than an established seedling after two weeks.  The sun will do the rest once they are out.  

You can supplement the lamp light with sunlight.  Just make sure the lamp stays on 24/7.

Go for it.

Opinions will vary here but I'd say yes.

You can just buy lamp fittings eta.

And build a simple light rig but why bother...

4 people like this

its better than nothing mate...

A clip on bulb holder is easier to position, I think I had mine from the pound shop :) 

4 people like this

They is good. ^^

I once knew a fella used to keep clones alive in his fridge by jerry-rigging the mechanism which switched the light off when you close the door so it stayed on all the time.

You can definitely keep plants in stasis with low light levels as long as you don't mess with the photoperiod too much, just watch for stretch and signs of unhappiness.

2 people like this

Agreed. ^^

Personally I prefer cool white cfls (about 6000k) but any cfl will do. 

3 people like this

For veg I think you're right.  2700k is the flowering beast  of cfls.  6000k is veg.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Thanks every1. It'll be basic but she's a twisting hard and needs some straitening.