Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jimmyjames

First time Anxious Grower: Help Needed Please !! Thank you!!!

16 posts in this topic

Outdoor grower

Hi there,

Hope you are all well.

I would really appreciate some help please!

So I'm a first time grower hoping to grow some CBD plants to help with clinical depression and anxiety.

Seeds used:

1st Batch

3 x Candida (CD - 1) Feminised Seeds

1 x Dinamed CBD Plus Feminised Seeds

2nd Batch

Dinamed CBD Auto Feminised Seeds

1st Batch was started on the 1st July

2nd Batch were sprouted on the 15/16th July and started the process during a waxing Moon as I heard that was good for germination

Attached are pictures from batch 1.

What I'm finding tricky is how to get correct info to follow. I'm getting really confused as there's so much info online and a lot seems to contradict.

I know that I ideally should of started the process earlier but couldn't start until recently.

Main question at this stage is how often should these plants be outside in direct sunlight please?

The plants are about 2 weeks old roughly and as pictured below

Just started to give them a couple of hours direct outside sunlight and the rest time they are either inside in a sunny spot or indirect outside sun.

I had to leave the plants unintended for a couple of days and something ate one of the leaves as you can see.

Thank you very much for reading and any help would be really appreciated!!

It would be so good to be self-sufficient and not have to buy expensive CBD oil especially as the anxiety makes it difficult to work.

Thanks again!!!

All of batch 1

2niseh0.jpg

Close up of Canidida looking good I hope

ifahxk.jpg

Leaf Partially Eaten

2ynfriu.jpg

2ynfriu.jpg

6 people like this

Stick them in full sun and leave them there, they'll love it! 

Don't worry about the leaf, but best to use some slug pellets and if there's rabbits (not likely in a garden) you'll need to keep them away with a chicken wire cage. 

4 people like this

Thanks Beezee. Appreciate it. I heard the copper tape from Wilkos was good for the slugs. There are rabbits in the garden saw some the other day so will get some chicken wire.

Any advice at this stage about watering?

Heard no nutrients until 4 weeks?

Do I need to worry about rain? It doesn't look likely to rain for a while but should a build a plastic or glass roof to stop rain?

Thank you for your help/patience!!

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, jimmyjames said:

Thanks Beezee. Appreciate it. I heard the copper tape from Wilkos was good for the slugs. There are rabbits in the garden saw some the other day so will get some chicken wire.

Do I need to worry about rain? It doesn't look likely to rain for a while but should a build a plastic or glass roof to stop rain?

Thank you for your help/patience!!

can do nutes from 3rd set of leaves .well i did amd it didnt do no harm

Thanks SubtleStoner. Did you grow outside?

I took mine out during the daytime for some lovely UK sun, then at night, most nights I put them under a light in my indoor grow room.  Give them as much sunlight and wind as possible, nothing is better for early strong growth that follows through to the end.

Here we go, they are now almost 5 weeks into flower and look like this : large.5b4af433ece03_Oldtimesfamilyshot.JPG

5 people like this

@jimmyjames

44 minutes ago, jimmyjames said:

water them when you feel the pots are light mate, and try to follow a wet/dry cycle so you get a good root system for when they flower....

i wouldn't feed them until they need it mate, which shouldn't be for a while yet, the compost you have will probably have nutes in it and you will have to pot up every couple of weeks with the photoperiod plants so they should be fine for a while yet, if you do decide to give them anything don't follow the instructions on the bottle, make the feed up at about quarter the strength it says.

the auto's should get potted into there final pot after about 2 weeks in the little starter pots so iv heard, they are supposed to be light feeders also so i wouldn't feed them until they look like they need it. 

if it starts to rain you will need to at least have the plant pots up off the ground so they don't get waterlogged and cause diseases but i think they will be fine, when the rain comes the plants should be in there final pots and big enough to be able to withstand it.

4 people like this

Thanks Inspiration and great tips Craig. Thank you very much. I will definitely follow those tips.

Anyone experienced similar bites on the 3rd picture? Slugs?

2 people like this

• @Spiritual Warrior
  • Great plants. Looks like you'll have a good crop.
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, jimmyjames said:
  • @Spiritual Warrior
  • Great plants. Looks like you'll have a good crop.

It's Inspiration101, thanks all the same :)

Fingers crossed no complications ! :D

Posted (edited)

On 19/07/2018 at 5:44 PM, jimmyjames said:

Thanks Inspiration and great tips Craig. Thank you very much. I will definitely follow those tips.

Anyone experienced similar bites on the 3rd picture? Slugs?

Np, happy to share, almost everything I learned came from these forums, and huge amounts of trial and error.

I still error often ;)

Slugs will leave a little love juice behind, you won't need to ask if it was a slug I think.   Probably some ravenous little bug or two.  You can get copper tape from Poundland to stick around your pots as a nice n simple cheap option.

Edited by Inspiration101

On 19/07/2018 at 5:00 PM, jimmyjames said:

Thanks SubtleStoner. Did you grow outside?

Yep 1st year so still green behind the ears but it worked well for me and had nothing nutes wise in the ground so purely liquid feeds 

19 hours ago, Subtle stoner said:

it worked well for me and had nothing nutes wise in the ground so purely liquid feeds 

Dont mean to but in but are you using any feeds for the flowering phase? I've just relied on the mix of compost, wormcast, a little bloodfishbone and the odd seaweed drench so far. probably 2/3 weeks away from bloomsday.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:43 PM, jimmyjames said:

I heard the copper tape from Wilkos was good for the slugs

Doesnt look like slugs to me as it seems central to the leaf, but they will probably come eventually. I have tons of snails. My bro keeps a small pond with frogs that slurp the slugs. I went for copper tape off amaxon 30mm x 20m. I use quite a lot for tomatoes etc.

Posted (edited)

I've been lucky with bugs in my grow so far but i have tended to take her indoors at night and use an occasional neem spray. Not sure it works or if I'm doing it right though, as my chillies still get tiny white things appearing. This little fella appeared last week but just seemed to be sitting there. no idea what it is.

large.Creature.jpeg

Edited by outtaspace
trying to make the picture smaller. dont know how
1 person likes this