Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Speed grow

39 posts in this topic

He may be right about becoming sexually mature , 

Ive never done it to be honest. @vince noir rock n roll starwill know for sure if its doo able. 

Some of the fast versions are done well quick, as @kushedy says.

zz

2 people like this

It might be handy to pot them into compost and keep them anyway ,leave them in veg on a 250w bulb and wrap them up with parchment paper when moving house .Providing it isn't too risky .You could ask a friend to drive two minutes ahead of you ,with your number on speed dial  .If the phone rings ,divert course !

3 people like this

best chance would be something like a cream caramel fv or green poison fv ..12/12 from seed ..50-60 days ..and you got frosty smokeables ..obviously nowhere near the yeild of vegged versions but you could get something ..same with other companies fv ..mk ultra x power africa has stunned me how fast it s 12/12 from seed.

green poison fv is a 6 week flowerer ..so id be aiming for something similar .

2 people like this

Thanks all, for your feedback. Its really good to draw on a resource like this when I have no clue. I've gone and ordered 5 Green Poison FV. No idea what it is (will read up on it later). Will have to put my preference for SSH aside I think for this grow and focus on getting the job done. Hate being de-railed like this but such is life! Hopefully the Green Poison can be done in time. Not sure what to do with the others and I have lost track of which pot is the White widow - can anyone tell just from my photos above? :)

The problem is that I have the little 6 planter as shown and then a 100 litre res with 5 pot holes so all 5 plants will share the same res. This will hopefully make it easy to connect to chiller (I'm no plumber :)). I was planning on taking the best 5 of the 6 and moving them in there when they are a bit bigger. I'm not sure whether to cut another 4 holes in it and have all 9 drinking from the same pot. Is that too many plants for 1 pot, even though its a massive pot (Oxypot Quad)? I imagine the newer and smaller ones may struggle for light so I guess I would need to pin the other down until the Green Poison catches up?

Cheers!

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

best chance would be something like a cream caramel fv or green poison fv ..12/12 from seed ..50-60 days ..and you got frosty smokeables ..obviously nowhere near the yeild of vegged versions but you could get something ..same with other companies fv ..mk ultra x power africa has stunned me how fast it s 12/12 from seed.

green poison fv is a 6 week flowerer ..so id be aiming for something similar .

Really? Not calling you a liar or trying to start anything. I ran 4 different strains on 12/12 from different breeders earlier this year. All were meant to flower in around 50-60 days. All insisted on vegging to maturity before flipping into flower. They all ended up taking 12-14 weeks in total. Even the quick lines from Seedsman & Dinafem still require at least 3 weeks of veg before they will flip.

Edited by kushedy

11 minutes ago, kushedy said:

Really? Not calling you a liar or trying to start anything. I ran 4 different strains on 12/12 from different breeders earlier this year. All were meant to flower in around 50-60 days. All insisted on vegging to maturity before flipping into flower. They all ended up taking 12-14 weeks in total. Even the quick lines from Seedsman & Dinafem still require at least 3 weeks of veg before they will flip.

Where you using Hydro? I'm no expert but as the chaps above agree, from what I gather (and hope) hyrdo can get you to the flowering point faster...

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, calif123 said:

I need to give notice to move out at which point the landlord may have people round to view for next tenancy. I need to give that notice 66 days away and then I still have the house for another month. Then its pot luck whether I have to pack it all up in a hurry, depending on any viewers to the house.

The landlord can't just bring prospective tennants round to view without your consent. You can google that,or get in touch with citizens advice.

Citizen Advice says the following on the matter:

If your landlord wants to enter your home for any other reason, for example, to show round a new tenant, they can only do this with your agreement or in accordance with any reasonable term set out in your tenancy agreement.

Edited by ursus1000
extra info
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

The landlord can't just bring prospective tennants round to view without your consent. You can google that,or get in touch with citizens advice.

Citizen Advice says the following on the matter:

If your landlord wants to enter your home for any other reason, for example, to show round a new tenant, they can only do this with your agreement or in accordance with any reasonable term set out in your tenancy agreement.

Yep I know, but I can't reasonably refuse! :)

Why not? Under common law you are entitled to 'quiet enjoyment' of that property. What does it say in your tennancy agreement?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kushedy said:

feel free to check any of my diaries and check the dates ..

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ursus1000 said:

Why not? Under common law you are entitled to 'quiet enjoyment' of that property. What does it say in your tennancy agreement?

Its got an "allow entry for viewing purposes" clause but I could still refuse with no justification. It's not like anything would happen, but I would always try to avoid situations like that.

1 person likes this

If you did refuse,they may  serve a section 8 notice. But that will cost them money,and as you will be leaving the property soon,it probably is'nt worth the cost to them.

Just now, ursus1000 said:

If you did refuse,they may  serve a section 8 notice. But that will cost them money,and as you will be leaving the property soon,it probably is'nt worth the cost to them.

Thanks man, you are right and it would buy me a few more weeks! :) Last resort I guess...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

I’ll take your word for it. I’ve only ever heard of a handful of photoperiod strains that will flip into flower within just a couple of weeks of veg.

Auto’s & the new fast versions which are part auto, yeah maybe but photoperiods generally won’t be mature enough to flower that quickly.

I still think the op would do better with an auto. He/she could pull anything from 2-4oz per plant in that time period from an auto.

If they can get that much with a photo in that time, fair play but I would be surprised.

Edited by kushedy
typo

2 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

Just re-read your post & noticed you had typed fv after those 2 strains. I didn’t twig what that meant on the first read.

Fast version. Ok slight misunderstanding. Apologies for any confusion caused. I was rabbiting on about normal photos reaching maturity.

The fast versions have some auto in them so yeah they are quick & an option. Not grown any out myself so can’t really comment on them. If they can cough up 2-4oz’s in that time though quid’s in. The op should go for the fast version or auto’s which ever they prefer.

1 person likes this