Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spitfire

Hello!

Aright chaps, smoked bud for well over twenty years and currently have my third ever grow underway, the first two were nothing spectacular so I'm hoping this one will be better. It most certainly will be if I can absorb some of the great information found here :)

Anyway, here they are, I've got six Ice Cool and two Indigo Berry Kush (top left) and I think they're looking pretty good. Both strains sound delicious but as you can see I have a long way to go before they hit my lungs. I reckon they're just over two weeks now from seed (should write this shit down!)

And it's Spitfire because it's the most beautiful machine ever made by man! 

And here's the most beautiful thing made by mother nature :D

large.DSC09638.JPG

Peace out.

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Aright chaps, smoked bud for well over twenty years and currently have my third ever grow underway, the first two were nothing spectacular so I'm hoping this one will be better. It most certainly will be if I can absorb some of the great information found here :)

Anyway, here they are, I've got six Ice Cool and two Indigo Berry Kush (top left) and I think they're looking pretty good. Both strains sound delicious but as you can see I have a long way to go before they hit my lungs. I reckon they're just over two weeks now from seed (should write this shit down!)

And it's Spitfire because it's the most beautiful machine ever made by man! 

And here's the most beautiful thing made by mother nature :D

large.DSC09638.JPG

Peace out.

If they are only 2 weeks old pal, your doing a grand job. They look fantastic.

Cheers bud, maybe two an half week, deffo no more. They just gone into slightly bigger pots and into the big tent. They still under a T5 at the mo, I'm thinking I'll need to pot on once more before they go into final 11l pots. I've got a Gavita for them but I know I need two so I'm selling shit on ebay to try and raise some cash for another. And I'm giving half the nutes of what I gave my last effort because I think I fucked them up with too much nutes. We live and learn :D

20 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Cheers bud, maybe two an half week, deffo no more. They just gone into slightly bigger pots and into the big tent. They still under a T5 at the mo, I'm thinking I'll need to pot on once more before they go into final 11l pots. I've got a Gavita for them but I know I need two so I'm selling shit on ebay to try and raise some cash for another. And I'm giving half the nutes of what I gave my last effort because I think I fucked them up with too much nutes. We live and learn :D

Since they are looking so well and healthy mate. I would put them in the pot your going to veg and flower them in. The least they get disturbed the happier they will be. Go straight into your end pot mate. I always get mine is the biggest pots asap. But I say again, they look amazing for 2.5 weeks old. Well done you.  :)

6 minutes ago, Grampamark said:

Since they are looking so well and healthy mate. I would put them in the pot your going to veg and flower them in. The least they get disturbed the happier they will be. Go straight into your end pot mate. I always get mine is the biggest pots asap. But I say again, they look amazing for 2.5 weeks old. Well done you.  :)

Isn't that best for autos? These are regular plants... I was under the impression it was best to pot them up in stages so as to avoid all the roots just ending up at the bottom of the pot?

Anyway, I think Ill veg them until the end of August, a full two months. And I'll have a crack at supercropping / topping and try and train them into a scrog net for a nice level canopy and as many heads as possible.

Cheers :smokin:

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Isn't that best for autos? These are regular plants... I was under the impression it was best to pot them up in stages so as to avoid all the roots just ending up at the bottom of the pot?

Anyway, I think Ill veg them until the end of August, a full two months. And I'll have a crack at supercropping / topping and try and train them into a scrog net for a nice level canopy and as many heads as possible.

Cheers :smokin:

Yeah it the best way with autos. But if mine were looking that good, they would be straight into the pot they were going to stay in. I have always potted mine that way and I have never had any problems and always had great results. Mother nature don't  do it that way. She plants the seed & grows the seed in one  place. But eh! this is only my way of doing things and my opinion. You will be told many a different way to do things, but time and practice, don't make you perfect, but gets you damn close. Anyway trial and error my friend and you will come up with the best way for you. Good Luck what ever road you take. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They do look rather nice mate :yes:

Welcome to the site too!

Edited by bubbly82
added welcome
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Spitfire said:
9 hours ago, Grampamark said:

Yes, that's the best advice for autos. Follow your gut & the immense amount of quality & tried & tested results & pot up in stages mate.

Each to their own of course, but I go from starter cubes to ~1litre pots, then ~4 litre, into 7 litre then 11litre, the flip to 12/12 after vegging for the desired times in final pot whilst training & strapping down branches to create an even canopy :yep:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 09/07/2018 at 11:26 PM, Spitfire said:

Your correct mate. Pot up in stages for photoperiod. 

Atb

JJ

Edited by JamJar
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JamJar said:

Your correct mate. Pot uo in stages for photoperiod. Theres no comparison.

Atb

JJ

Cheers bud, that's what I thought. I'm expecting some 4l pots today and I think I'll pot up again this coming Sunday (depending on root development) They are under the big light now and are growing fast. Exciting times :)

Welcome to the site mate and as others have said I also pot up in stages when pots have been rooted out it reduces over watering and fills pots out from the middle instead of just at the bottom like you say. They are looking good mate and very healthy so they will soon bounce back after a transplant. 

Good luck