Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Werewolves_are_rad

Northern light & critical - no smell when flowering?

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm almost 3 weeks into flowering & there's no noticeable smell yet, I'm pretty surprised. I have a good extraction system in place but I haven't detected a whiff bar the standard plant aroma. Is this normal, at what point can I expect it to get a bit more fragrant?

Seeds are feminised & from royal queen seeds.

it won't smell strong until the buds start to form properly mate, you can also become used to the smell from your own plants so don't notice it as much compared to someone else's grow....

3 people like this

Hi there, I'm currently growing Northern Lights and it is a very low odor strain. I was a little worried too until I read up and found out it doesn't smell much when growing. But the smell does start to come through nicely around week 4 and gets stronger but not overpowering. Not sure about the Critical though. Don't worry mate I'm sure they'll turn out great.

All the best

Solly

1 person likes this

Critical is a big time stinker , lovely smoke though especially the +

1 person likes this

Well into flowering now and still no real pong, it seems weird!

large.PSX_20180712_110009.jpglarge.PSX_20180712_110318.jpglarge.PSX_20180712_110213.jpg

3 people like this

Mine only really start to smell a bit in the last 2 weeks. 

1 person likes this

I'm starting to think I might not have needed the carbon filter!

1 person likes this

Haha come back in a couple weeks and let us know if you still feel the same. I'm sure they will be super pongy in no time.

Peace

1 person likes this

I just grew Northern Lights, that didn't smell much at all tbh

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Id be counting your lucky stars mate..

I couldnt even open my tent last week until the middle of the night due to the smell! 

Once the sticky sugar leaves start showing, give them a rub and smell ur fingers lol

Edited by JamJar
2 people like this

21 hours ago, Sarahnya said:

I just grew Northern Lights, that didn't smell much at all tbh

I'm a bit worried that no smell = crap potency of the final bud, did yours turn out to be a good smoke?

2 hours ago, JamJar said:

Id be counting your lucky stars mate..

I couldnt even open my tent last week until the middle of the night due to the smell! 

Once the sticky sugar leaves start showing, give them a rub and smell ur fingers lol

There's a bit of smell when I so that but I expected way stronger! I'm happy enough the smell is low as long as the smoke is good :)

2 people like this

59 minutes ago, Werewolves_are_rad said:

I'm a bit worried that no smell = crap potency of the final bud, did yours turn out to be a good smoke?

Thats not true mate.. ive had a few strains that didnt smell but totally fucked me up when smoked :)

1 person likes this

Just now, JamJar said:

Thats not true mate.. ive had a few strains that didnt smell but totally fucked me up when smoked :)

That's music to my ears! 

1 person likes this

Just now, Werewolves_are_rad said:

That's music to my ears! 

How often do you visit your plants? Try having a day off and leaving them be.. go back and im sure u will smell them. Both me and my misses are pretty immune to the smell now.. our visitors always say it stink though.. due to me opening my tent all the time to talk to my girls lol

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, JamJar said:

How often do you visit your plants? Try having a day off and leaving them be.. go back and im sure u will smell them. Both me and my misses are pretty immune to the smell now.. our visitors always say it stink though.. due to me opening my tent all the time to talk to my girls lol

Every morning and evening, I check on the babes compulsively! 

1 person likes this