Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

triffed

Clones outside to inside

Hi can anyone tell me any problems with doing this . I  was going to chuck this plant in the bin but dont like killing them so just put it in the garden, 3 weeks later it 

has taken off and turned into quite a nice plant, if I treat it for bugs ect: and take some cuts in a few days for cultivation inside has anyone done this?? the plant is Ice Royal queen seed

Thanks 

Personally I would never bring any plants from outside in because of bugs. Yes you can treat it but you have no clue as to whether you have killed all so run a huge risk into introducing a problem you struggle to get rid of

Just not worth it for me

Owd

6 people like this

Thanks @Owderb

10 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Personally I would never bring any plants from outside in because of bugs. Yes you can treat it but you have no clue as to whether you have killed all so run a huge risk into introducing a problem you struggle to get rid of

Just not worth it for me

Owd

I agree with Owderb, I would never do it period.

1 person likes this

yep .. i did it once :wanker:... infested room with Mites  ....never again :furious:

1 person likes this

I often veg mums in my greenhouse in the summer and take cuts from them for use indoors. I bought some caterpillars indoors once. I've had an ongoing mite problem for a couple of years so bringing plants in makes little difference. The greenhouse seems the only place which is mite-free.

If you don't have mites then don't risk it. They're a real fucker when they get established indoors.

2 people like this

I've done it and opposite way around too ! If you do bring plants in spray them with something hard beforehand ,next thing to agent orange ,abamectin or any chemical with "ectin" in its name .

At the moment I'm undecided about this too and my predicament is I gave a fella a load of beans and a few months later I took 4 cuts ,they're indoor varieties and may do OK outside but less likely compared to if they were under a lamp .I left my cuts outside ,potted them into big bags and sprayed them down ,because they had mites.A discovery I made before walking in the door  :thumbdown: .I couldn't bring them inside but after a few weeks outside and a couple of shots of pesticide they are now thriving .I was thinking of growing them in a shed that already had a mite infestation ,and I abandoned the shed a while back because of creepy crawlies .

It's tempting anyway ,a few bushy plants .All a fella would have to do is pot them into rigid pots , relocate them to an indoor grow and flip the lights .

Don't do it.  Even if you don't think there are any mites on them, the little feckers have probably laid eggs on them.  A mate of mine took a plant another friend had grown in his garden into his flower room, and spent the rest of the grow killing spidermites by hand and agonising over whether to try chemicals.  They got into his mother vegging area too, he ended up having to shut down completely, and he never did get it going again.:(

1 person likes this

I am about to start flowering 5 plants that were outside in this nice sunny weather, I have been treating them weekly and i'm sure they are clear of mites, I had spider mites on the plants before i took them outside, was puzzled how they got in my room over winter, I spend a few hours each day outside, mites hibernate during the winter, I concluded if I want to be completely bug free I need take a shower and change clothes before I go into my grow room but i'm afraid i'm not going to do that so I try be alert and check plants most days now I know the reality.

I think you get the idea :naughty: don't do it .!!!

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, bearukc said:

If you don't have mites then don't risk it. They're a real fucker when they get established indoors.

I found a way to solve my mite infestation :naughty: I moved house lol.

4 hours ago, hash72 said:

I concluded if I want to be completely bug free I need take a shower and change clothes before I go into my grow room but i'm afraid i'm not going to do that so I try be alert and check plants most days now I know the reality.

There's a few things that I try:smokin: and stick to , Always  take my footwear off , never go in room after taking the dogs out in the morning always before and at night after shower and or as little clothing as I can ie shorts , bare feet ! I think socks are one of the biggest risks of bringing in unwanted guest! I think. 

Edited by Fonz

27 minutes ago, Fonz said:

I found a way to solve my mite infestation :naughty: I moved house lol.

It pisses me off so much I have considered the option!! The other strategy would be to replace my growshed with a new one!!