Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hazydayz

Help with auto seedlings no roots over watered

Hi everyone currently have 4 auto cream mandarin seedlings just over 14 days since I potted them after germination have had them under 2t5 15w sun blaster lights and want to plant these ladies outdoors,now my problem is I think I've over watered them they seem to have slowed growth and have no roots showing,and decided to completely repot them in new soil and checked the plants for roots and there are non at all but still look healthy,I've decided to put them outdoors in the greenhouse now should these plants start to take off now I've put in dryer soil and under the sun or should I just get some more seeds asap, any advice is appreciated, piece out hazydayz

Did you dig up the plants from their original soil completely when you were checking for roots? Then repot the plants in new soil, without any of the original soil still around them? Did I understand that right? If so that was a bad idea.

Yes that's exactly what I did?

There must have been roots if there is a plant.. U probably ripped them all off the stem by pulling on it.

Ive brought plants back from the dead before but autos need the perfect start in life to be worth while imo..

2 people like this

No roots what so ever carefully removed all soil and all there was where a few bumps coming from the stemit self looked like roots want to form but maybe soil was to damp 

Light and lots of air will kill roots so it is not a good idea to expose them. It does sound like you may have had them damp if they have failed to grow many roots and have slowed. I would not expect them to take off now. They might recover but doing this is definitely going to limit their potential, if anything slows them then autos don't get a chance to catch up. If you have space you might want to think about starting more seeds, depending on what your aims are. Good luck!

1 person likes this

I have grown SS Auto Cream Mandarin outside for years and i find it a rock solid performer.    Yes, they seem to start slow for the first few weeks then explode.

I have 1 this year that is similar to what you describe and i too believe i over watered :(     

I will say that they are tough little plants !!!   i stuck some in the greenhouse early march in the frost and snow and all that  happened was they slowed down to growing very slowly upwards and no lateral growth at all !   As soon as the frost passed they took off and were doing fantastic .... until i went away for a weeks work and left the greenhouse sealed up in the high temps :( 

Stick with them mate .... i find if they have been stressed out they can sometimes be awesome in the potency department.    

Hope they pull through for you mate.   

3 people like this

8 hours ago, OldFord said:

I have grown SS Auto Cream Mandarin outside for years and i find it a rock solid performer.    Yes, they seem to start slow for the first few weeks then explode.

I have 1 this year that is similar to what you describe and i too believe i over watered :(     

I will say that they are tough little plants !!!   i stuck some in the greenhouse early march in the frost and snow and all that  happened was they slowed down to growing very slowly upwards and no lateral growth at all !   As soon as the frost passed they took off and were doing fantastic .... until i went away for a weeks work and left the greenhouse sealed up in the high temps :( 

Stick with them mate .... i find if they have been stressed out they can sometimes be awesome in the potency department.    

Hope they pull through for you mate.   

Thanks dude mine are 3 weeks old now and are only on 2nd set of leaves seem to be a bit slow for me,have you used any other autos from sweet seeds?

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Hazydayz said:

Thanks dude mine are 3 weeks old now and are only on 2nd set of leaves seem to be a bit slow for me,have you used any other autos from sweet seeds?

I only do outdoors & greenhouse and have never done an indoor grow,  used Sweets for years with rock solid results,   fav by far is Cream Mandarin :) 

Mohan Ram, Blow Mind, Cream Caramel, Cystal Candy, Ice Cool and S.A.D all autos and all outdoors or G/H and all perform well. 

The S.A.D, Ice Cool and Mandarin all work very well,   the S.A.D being the most potent by far and the Mandarin for taste, flavour, output and reliability as well as being a great bit of smoke.  

I have my current g/h grow up in the SS sub section and in the auto section.     

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hazydayz, generally autos don't like being repotted, it stresses the plant and because they have a very short lifespan they don't have time to recover fully which usually results in stunted plants at best and in the worst case they don't recover at all.

You might get lucky with a greenhouse though. Last year one of mine got decimated by the wind, to the point the roots were almost pulled up. I very gently piled some soil back around her though and hoped for the best.

After a week or so I then moved her to the greenhouse though and she almost got a second life because she shot up, the main stem right at the bottom split into 2 so I had double everything by the time she was finished, she ended up over 5ft.

I put my autos in big 20l tubs from the beginning and all seem to like their homes.

Edited by gthang
3 people like this