Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badbillybob

isle of man tt

23 posts in this topic

Any other bikers on here watching the TT this year?

first practice tonight and they are banging out lap at an average speed into the 133mph bracket (Harrison). 

I went last year, been lots of times before that, and even tho ive been going over there since about 2002, the speeds on the roads still find me uttering "fuck me" as they hurtle past at 190mph in places., blowing the hedges back

My moneys on Dunlop and Hickman.

Any other interest?

4 people like this

There will be less returning alive than went, that’s for sure. 

Watched clips on youtube and that stuff is crazy, really pushing the limits. I doubt id have the balls to do 150MPH+ in a car on a runway, nevermind 190 on a bike down road :O 

1 person likes this

It would be good to see Guy Martin take home a win this year.

1 person likes this

Guy Martin isn't in it this year mate. hes got into cycleing and TV presenting- bit safer-but much more boring.

5 hours ago, j2o said:

Watched clips on youtube and that stuff is crazy, really pushing the limits. I doubt id have the balls to do 150MPH+ in a car on a runway, nevermind 190 on a bike down road :O 

when you see the condition of the roads it makes it even more impressive -they are not great 

7 hours ago, Madmungo said:

There will be less returning alive than went, that’s for sure. 

Yes I'm sure, but it will be less fatalities than say the UK,-  for example. over the same time period.

the press love a bit of death scaremongering, per head of population its probably the same as any European country

3 people like this

gotta admire the nerve an balls  will be watchin on tv

1 person likes this

I’ll have a watch for of it when I get the chance, I do really enjoy watching the tt, 

Rusty Gutters.:hippy:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Guy Martin isn't in it this year mate. hes got into cycleing and TV presenting- bit safer-but much more boring.

Heavy. Didn't realise he'd given it a miss this year, seen that he'd been racing in Ireland over the last few months and just assumed he'd be racing the TT again this year. He does make a good TV personality though lol

Not actually following it very well this year tbh, too busy atm to keep up with sports and I've been off road for the last couple of years so my interest has dwindled a bit. Hoping to be back on the road for next year though and I'll definitely be looking at tickets for 2019/2020, it's well overdue.

1 person likes this

Road  racing is my thing and I can't see any further the MD for the senior this year, will be glued to the live timing. Just hope they all have a good race and come home.

What the PC bigrade need to remember is they all Choose to do this and they all live for what they do. 

Really looking forward to the Zero seen some stunning leaps forward in the last 12 munths. 

Beats them whinnying fuckers in F1. More money, More safety.  

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

These boys put it all on the line when they head out.  I love the risk they take and the skills they demonstrate.  

Edited by Eyes of redness
3 people like this

Sad day RIP Dan Kneen

3 people like this

Rip Dan Kneen, saw this last night when I finished work, he crashed just outside Ramsey at Churchtown, also wishing Bruce Anstey well

as he's currently undergoing treatment for cancer & isnt racing this year, get well Bruce. I also think that we wont see Guy Martin racing again

on the island as he recently became a dad for the first time & as all dads know, your priorities need to change, plus he's had a couple of bad offs

over the last few years.

I've also been following the practicing all week on Manx Radio TT & watching various youtube channels, looking forward to the racing starting.

1 person likes this

yes, sad day when Dan Kneen crashed out, really sad, he was pushing and pushing, getting better all the time, but there is very little run off through churchtown,.

Michael Dunlop won the first race, Dean Harrison broke the lap record from a standing start, was 18 seconds ahead before his clutch forced him to retire, I was gutted for him.

Also, When you see Hutchy limp his way to the bike on crutches after just starting to walk again 4 weeks ago after his big off last year, my gob was smacked. He retired but still put in respectable lap times before he did. 

look forward to the rest of the races, Hope Harrison gets a victory at some point

The last time I was at the race was in the 2007 TT centenary when McGuinness did 130mph  :notworthy:

But what a fuckin loonie Dean Harrison is, 134.432MPH = 16m50.384 lap is stunning. just a pity his Kawasaki's engine chucked it.

those BMW 1000RR's are something else tho, a guy who works next door to my work has one & raves about it all the time, he says its a pure rocket machine.

1 person likes this

Scottish Superbike rider Adam Lyon dies during Isle of Man TT race

The 26-year-old is the second biker to die at this year's event which is viewed as the most dangerous motorsport event in the world.

33526925_10156319595534378_8158638790794

A Scottish Superbike rider has died while making his first appearance in the Isle of Man TT race.

Adam Lyon, 26, from Helensburgh , Argyll and Bute, was killed in an incident during the Supersport 1 race on Monday.

It happened at Casey's corner, just after the 28th mile of the course, on the third lap of the race.

Organisers ACU Events Ltd said they wanted to "pass on their deepest sympathy to Adam's family and friends".

His death comes after 30-year-old Dan Kneen suffered fatal injuries in an incident during the event's Superbike qualifying session on Wednesday.

Adam was a newcomer to the TT this year, having qualified in 24th place for Monday's race with a fastest lap of 122.261mph. This was improved to 122.636mph in the opening lap.

1 person likes this