Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caringmum

Auto nutrients

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am going to grow autoflower for the first time, can I use the same nutrients as in photoperiod

Vitalink Plantstart

Vitalink Hydro Max A&B grow

Vitalink Hydro Max A&B bloom

I am growing in air pots using coco coir as a medium

Edited by caringmum
3 people like this

Hello!

Yeah don't see why not!

As I'm using advanced connoisseur with my autos and that's a + b part nutrient .

You should be sound :)

Atb

1 person likes this

Yes, they are the same, the only difference is the light hours

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

People came up with all sorts of misconceptions about autos. One of them is that they are light feeders. You feed just the same as photos just in fast forward, the growth cycle is the same but it it just happens much faster. 

Good luck, am I right in thinking this is a medi grow for your son?

Any questions dont hesitate to ask and feel free to PM or drop me an @, I will do what I can to help

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
12 people like this

Hi  @blackpoolbouncer  Yes I'm growing the   Amnesia Autoflowering CBD 

Thank you in wanting to help :)

I've put seeds into water today.

Also filled 2 - 9L air pot with coco and  ph 6 watered until I had a good run off.

When seeds have dropped to the bottom of the glass I will mix Vitalink PlantStart 2ml -L and pour over coco again -leave to drain until just moist and add my seeds :) 

Using  250w- 400 MH lamps - then  600W HP when in flower

Just waiting now to get going :yep:

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

People came up with all sorts of misconceptions about autos. One of them is that they are light feeders.

It might depend on the make of Nutrient. I can't go above EC1.1 for my Autos, often less then 1.0.... but I use House and Garden gear, never tried anything else, and I gather it's pretty concentrated stuff.

Also because I flood mine with veg and bloom boosters, maybe that's why I have to stay low? You have the knowledge @blackpoolbouncer, maybe you can help me out on this one?

All the best  @caringmum,a Mother's love going into a grow will make the best medicine.

Edited by teehee
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@teeheeI dont do EC etc but in compost, they take just the same as photos in my experience. Some plants obviously are lighter feeders than others, some however have asked for above maximum strength. No different. 

I know you don't use a high ec, the only reason I can think of is down to perhaps you plants transpire more due to your climate? 

Cannabis is cannabis as far as I am concerned. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Edit to add. I have never used any boosters....this could be why. 

Say you giving 2ml bloom pl with 3 mill of boosters. Is that having similar effect as 4ml of bloom? I don't know.

All I know is autos and photos are happy as each other in the same full strength compost and both get fed at the same rates, I dont see the difference. 

Teehee your yields are insane and it's always made me wonder with your low ec. I know your not the only one who feeds low but your the only one I know who feeds low and has such big plants.

What works works. I wouldnt suggest you change anything and I doubt you'd tell me to change........ the result is what matters, not the route we take 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

grrr... cannot do anything yet as SMS twin fan controller isn't working :wacko:

Don't know anything about electricity so all I can say is the intake fan and exhaust fan work when put into a wall socket, but sadly silent when in the sms :( 

I don't think its the setting as mine are on  32 minimum/ 23c / nil max as may fans are not the same speed.

The plug 13amp fuse has be replaced just in case it had blown., now I'm waiting to give it 30 mins to kick-in hoping it works  " tick -tock 10 minutes to go"

Should have put this under a different topic - maybe Grow Room but not sure?

If it is my SMS ?  how does it work when fans run independently with a wall socket - how can you controller each fan?

PS. If it is the fan controller then can anyone recommend a new one - thanks

Edited by caringmum

All is sorted . there was another fuse inside the the main fan controller box and I replaced this :)  :):) 

1 person likes this

best of luck with the grow mate ...  im doing some  high cbd strains for a family member too

charlotes  angel

purple orange cbd

early amnesia cbd

white widow cbd

dinamed cbd

1 person likes this

I am not a technical grower by any means  lol    i work away for weeks at a time and as such only grow autos as they seem to take the neglect well. 

Due to being away i tend to use modified drip feeders and only use standard plant feed as if i use pro feed like you guys i wont be around to remedy any issues,   the wife is a keen breeder of roses and lily's and swears by a popular shopping channel plant feed and has convinced me to have a go with it -   it has worked wonders and produced an auto way bigger than its other 2 sibling from the same packet.   i have 2 Cream Mandarin being fed on mine and hers feed to see if it was a fluke with the Blow Mind autos.   

The pics below show taller plants being fed her feed and the shorter show my feed.     Would love to feed them pro feed like you guys but simply not around to do it.  large_009.JPGlarge_017.JPGlarge_016.JPGlarge_007.JPGlarge_007.JPGlarge_015.JPG

4 people like this

i bet that greenhouse is smelling a bit funky  looking at those girls mate ?

1 person likes this

@OldFord Love to have a grow room like yours - one that you can walk about in must be great :) 

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, vortex said:

i bet that greenhouse is smelling a bit funky  looking at those girls mate ?

:)    Both the large and small greenhouse smell wonderful !!    On a hot day the entire garden smell fantastic  :) 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, caringmum said:

@OldFord Love to have a grow room like yours - one that you can walk about in must be great :) 

Both the large and small greenhouse smell awesome :)