Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ombudsman

Always check New Carbon Filters...

64 posts in this topic

I've been let down too many times by poor quality rhinos. In my experience they are not what they once were. Mountain air for me now all the way

3 people like this

same as that 

1 person likes this

Im getting a major paranoia on now.....You get 'smell blind' from the girls over time so I dont smell it anymore......

The misses is telling me from time to time she can faintly smell something......My rhino pro is approaching 12 months I suppose.

Last time I cropped I stank the whole street out.....did it in the wee small hours so no one noticed....The HGK was loud :toot:

Im not taking chances like that.......Im getting that mountain air 200/1000.

No one here has slagged them (except price) and I cant really find any bad reviews on them....unless anyone here can tell me different (please do...I hate spending unnecessary money)

Im done with rhino.

5 people like this

Always use Rhino's and never had a problem, growing Blues right now and not a whiff outside the growroom.

As a matter of fact think i've only brought 4 or 5 in my 10 years of growing!

3 people like this

Bladdy hell I've just bought a rhino pro from my local shop not opened yet. Now wondering whether to exchange for another make!? Lots of mixed opinions here :unsure: 

1 person likes this

Just think, if someone made this thread about phresh, mountainair or carboair would we be getting as many mixed reviews? I don't think we would. 

Your filter is your biggest line of defence, is it even worth taking a chance on it? 

13 people like this

I think they are getting poorer tbh, maybe it explains why my last came looking second hand or refurbished. I bought a 4" hobby one for a small grow and I'm just hoping it does the job just for this one grow. I can't smell anything except that typical sweaty carbon smell lol.

I have a 6" rhino pro never used which is 4 years old so guess that will be good though.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

Your filter is your biggest line of defence, is it even worth taking a chance on it? 

IMO its not worth any sort of gamble....If you have not smoked weed in a while you can smell it like a bloodhound at a mile away.

I dont want to find out my filter isn't up to scratch by the po po using their universal key on me door.

:police:

3 people like this

To add to the confusion...

I just replaced a Rhino after 7mths... I put the new one in and it took about a week before I got a hint of smell with a grow very close to being chopped - thankfully, my grow is small and the smell is restricted to the room where the tent is set up. Still, I'll not be getting another Rhino.

5 people like this

For what it's worth I've just finished my 2nd grow, rhino Pro is only 1 year old and I got a faint smell towards the end of my grow. (direct to outside) 

Only 4 plants in my 1.2/1.2 tent 

I was looking to upgrade to a 6inch fan and filter for the summer but I think I'll be looking at an alternative make reading everyone else's concerns :thumbdown:

2 people like this

The evidence against rhino is starting to stack up isn't it ?      :argue:

2 people like this

I’ve seen said video. And as others have said they’re not fakes, they’re just crap and should be avoided at all costs if you have any sense!! My local shop has also stopped stocking Rhino after many years. The video was posted by what looks like a reputable shop who’ve just received an order in of the Rhino Pro filters. The guy clearly shows how you can see daylight straight through the bloody thing where there is obviously a lack of carbon! I was given a new rhino filter to get me started and I found I would get the odd wiff which which I wasn’t happy about, so got myself a Mountain Air after reading good reviews on here. Soon as I got it I could tell it was a lot heavier and packed solid with carbon. Can put my head next to the exhaust now and not a whiff of weed!!

This is not propaganda by other companies or a dodgy batch, it’s obviously a classic case of a company building up a good name and then thinking they can cut quality to increase profit and people won’t notice. Absolutely disgusting in my eyes, someone could loose a lot (even their freedom :furious:) because of it! 

Get on the Mountain Air or one of the other well recommended brands (Phresh, Can, Carbo) and stay safe people :yinyang:

5 people like this

On 5/24/2018 at 8:18 PM, DigDig said:

I went to the local grow shop to buy a rhino filter, but all they had was Carboair carbon filters so I got one

it was a worry at first because i had only been looking to buy a rhino.  It works a treat very pleased with:toot:

On 5/24/2018 at 11:14 PM, wheezer said:

I’ve used  a rhino for years worked fine, just started up again and the guy in the store told me he had stopped selling Rhino as he had problems with leaking filters. Sold me a Carboair filter told me there quality and tested by Systemair which is the make of the RVK i have. Fingers crossed he’s right so far so good. 

I'm running carbo air too, very pleased, spoken to the team over the phone aswel, quality customer service!

On 5/24/2018 at 9:55 PM, Hot_Rock said:

Ive had the same Rhino since 2010. Its still working perfectly. Fuck knows how, mustve done at least 20 grows with it lol

lol 

2 people like this

Has anyone reported the issue to Rhino? I'd be interested to see what they have to say on the issue.

I can only look at my own experience, but I'd be a fool to discount the claims some of you guys are making. I believe those claims. After all on UK420, the odd bullshitter aside, its based on honesty. Many rely on the advice here to just grow some med stash and the filter is THE weakest link as regards security. If that goes wrong many could be in a world of shit for sure.

I purchased my last Rhino 2017, no issues with the last grow. However, I am thinking of getting a bigger filter so will likely go through G&H.

I may well have been a loyal customer of Rhino since day 1 (they were called something else before that) but given there is NO thread about issues with the main top 3 pro filters, I guess I'll be going with maybe CarboAir or some other rated and verified carbon filter. I've changed my mind.

If you have got a Rhino pro and its been running fine for 6 months or so or has had a couple of crops through it, I would chill out. I'd use mine again, but I want a bigger one. A bigger filter just in case your thinking!

If you have a dodgy filter, email Rhino, hopefully someone somewhere might even click on the customer complaints emails and open them up.

I judge a company on the quality of the goods. However, when it goes wrong, you judge that company on its customer service. When people just dismiss a companies products without actually complaining, then that company has little feedback and might think quality is good enough.

When Rhino began making the budget filter, I wondered about the wisdom of such a move. I can see the marketing, people with little money looking to grow a couple of plants. However, the logic is flawed. Better to make a grower save extra to ensure that the tell tale smell NEVER permeates beyond the tent or your sticky fingers. You can cut corners on many things in a grow room but never the filter, nor the extractor. You can use cheap everything else. Cheap tents, second hand bulbs, cheapo magnetic ballasts (work fine and dandy so to speak) Filters and the extractor, you might as well buy quality that lasts.

2 people like this

On 24/05/2018 at 9:55 PM, Hot_Rock said:

Ive had the same Rhino since 2010. Its still working perfectly. Fuck knows how, mustve done at least 20 grows with it lol

Same here. 

2 people like this