Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

cornish pasties

87 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Saddam said:

Fantastic solution, have you ever thought about working for US administration or joining the Nazi party? lol 

No point in trying to discuss this with you buddy, what was it George Carlin said about having an argument with an idiot? 

'They always bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.'  

lol 

Can’t explain how your magic machine will make massive amounts of water vanish so make out your supremely intelligent and anyone who questions it must be stupid lol

what happens in another 50 years when there’s 4 or 5 times more people?? Depopulation or at least stopping the population going up is the only answer and you know it.. 

3 people like this

ok dont fight guys, you are both cool dudes, chat about it nice and whatever, we all have opinions, we have to accept that our opinions differ its waht makes us, us, and not us robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylDDs3mdJE

a thousand flowers

2 people like this

Quite interesting that Ted Talk link you posted, cheers. :) 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Saddam said:

The basic principal was to use the constant power of wave energy to convert seawater into water suitable for growing crops (by forcing seawater through a membrane to remove the salt) then using this water to turn the World's desert land into arable farmland. There's a wave energy platform called 'Oyster' and I thought it would be easy to convert them to RO production instead of electricity generation, for which they're currently used. For it to work, there would need to be literally millions of these Oyster platforms pumping 24/7. 

I also designed a copper kite to direct free electricity from the Schumann cavity to Earth, then someone did it with a weather balloon. lol    

The first idea is so impractical its not even remotely feasible, if the scientific short comings dont put you off then the engineering will, the pollution required to make these oyster platforms is incredible and that alone would do more hard than good, my Unversity has been involved with the Oyster projectfor years theres a whole department dedicated to these technologies.

The future is bright for wave harnessing technologies, tidal is better I believe because its predictable. Theres a lot of research currently going into wave/tidal energy harvesting because its an immense source of energy that has many advantages over wind and solar. Its always going to generate electricity though, mechanical energy is a bastard to deal with, the losses are immense in a mechanical system and it doesnt lend itself to transport to the place its useful. Electrical energy is king for many reasons, you can do so much with electricity that isnt possible with mechanical energy have you ever seen the terrible efficiencies inherent to mechanical systems? Betz limit for a turbine is only 59% thats the theoretical maximum too, its piss poor but the good news is that electrical engineers can so often implement control schemes that save astronomical amounts of input energy I have a patent doing just that and its basically save 5kW of mechanical energy and that translates to save 100kW of electrical energy at the input. I did get an award for that and received an immense amount of credit its fitted to every product the company makes, marketing have got youtube videos and all kinds but they only care about the BoM savings the efficiency sells the product because its best in class, its all about money to those guys its pretty sad

Davey Jones doing his bit lol if you knew my name then you could Google me, its a weird feeling because I am so private lol

The Schumann resonances lol you have to be careful what you read and where you read it, theres so much claptrap online with perpetual energy machines and all that stuff, you are never more than a click away from oil company conspiracies and it gets boring, not many of these people understand how many of these proposals defy the laws of physics at a fundamental level

Heres some numbers

The Schumann resonance electric field amplitude (~300 microvolts per meter) is much smaller than the static fair-weather electric field (~150 V/m) in the atmosphere. Similarly, the amplitude of the Schumann resonance magnetic field (~1 picotesla) is many orders of magnitude smaller than the Earth's magnetic field (~30–50 microteslas).

300uV/m is so small its difficult to even measure accurately, if you stood underneath a pylon you might be in an electric field over 200V/m, one pico Tesla of magnetic field is the same story, it doesnt have any energy to harness

You could do far far better making a device harness the stray electric fields from human technology the fact no one bothers is the clue that theres no energy to harvest here

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Davey Jones said:

the pollution required to make these oyster platforms is incredible and that alone would do more harm than good

How is building these platforms any different or more environmentally damaging compared with say, car companies producing over a billion vehicles in the last 100 years? 

Betz limit for a turbine is only 59%

Betz law has no relevance in this case, the turbine would be removed and the Oyster would be fitted with a simple non-return valve. All it has to do is continuously pump water one way, through an interchangeable filter. :)    

so impractical its not even remotely feasible

I disagree, it may be impractical if your justification for the project is purely based on cost but this would be an investment for humanity's future. Feasibility would need proper assessment and perhaps a trial run with 100 Oysters. These Oysters are transportable, bolt onto the seabed, and are pretty much submerged, yes? :unsure:  Do you know if they can be moved fairly easily?   

I looked at tidal but thought the sites would be too large and ugly for governments to warm to the idea. 

Edited by Saddam

@bazil brush how you doing mate? 

Those tablets are lansoprazole 30mg gastro-resistant capsules. 

I'm really not one for docs anc pills, but They definitly helped when I was at my worst with it all.  Take one,  30 minutes later you can eat. 

But natural yogurt was doing the same thing, befor and after I lost the tablets. It seemed to stop the cramps enough for me to get food in. 

I've managed to keep the ball rolling, and I'm eating regularly. But it's not easy. I've set alarms to remind me to prep food, and eat 3times a day? I'm out of the routine completely now? Seems mental that I have to remind myself to eat :doh: 

Breakfast is soft fruit, yogurt, nuts and honey, and it seems to set me up well. 

And I'm keeping a supply of bananas and other fruit handy, so as soon as I get the crampy stomach thing, I can eat something straight away. 

Hope you are ok mate :hug:

1 person likes this

im on the beer man, went to esa test earlier but they cancelled it without telling me, im headfucked.

Etheringtons' pasties are really good.

They're up in North Cornwall, near Redruth.

'Ansome, ur no?

2 people like this

@bazil brush ah shit :hug:

1 person likes this

@Gimps they're pretty good mate, but still not a touch on mine or my mym's  :yep: 

1 person likes this

@bazil brush just know that it is possible to sort your eating out. Natural yogurt and fruit. Followed by substance as your stomach expands. 

Gotta get off the booze though mate. I was finding one or two beers would completely fuck me up, due to having no food in me at all. 

The baccy won't be helping either, but I'm smoking at the moment. 

Another random guess at your predicament, but I don't suppose you've taken champix or something similar in the past to stop smoking? 

I've got a feeling this may have had an effect on me, even though it was a couple of years ago that I was taking it?!? 

Really feel for you mate. 

1 person likes this

@the lone deranger  not champix man, that stuff sounds scary.