Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mrjim

My Woodwork

67 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, SevernValleySavant said:

This just reminded me, I remember a friend telling me about a guy who has/had a stall set up in Stratford Upon Avon, selling wooden tea light candle holders similar to these, making a killing in the process. Have you thought about boosting your income by selling any of these pieces? You can get massive margins and a tidy profit from these if you're able to source the wood effectively.

I have done a few craft fairs in the past, just finding the time to do them is the hard part!

A couple more pics of the first band saw box and a second one made from yew.

large.20161207_181520.jpglarge.20161207_181508.jpglarge.20161122_171227.jpglarge.20161122_171242.jpg

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is another of my favourite pieces of work. A treasure chest built from reclaimed pitch pine. I made it from two 6"x4" beams that were removed during a loft conversion.

large.20160529_121422.jpg

Edited by mrjim
Spelling
9 people like this

5 minutes ago, mrjim said:

What sort of size would the balls want to be? I have access to a lathe so definitely possible!

Most of these wooden enclosures i have seen have been to house anything from 1" tweeters , 3" wide band , 4" mids,  5.25" mids.   

I reckon home hi fi users would go up to 6.5" drivers.   

Advertised on the right places i see no reason why you wont make a handsome return sir.    

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Most of these wooden enclosures i have seen have been to house anything from 1" tweeters , 3" wide band , 4" mids,  5.25" mids.   

I reckon home hi fi users would go up to 6.5" drivers.   

Advertised on the right places i see no reason why you wont make a handsome return sir.    

Definitely something I will look into, thank you for the idea. And if you need a set once I have managed to make them I will happily send you some!

3 people like this

35 minutes ago, mrjim said:

Definitely something I will look into, thank you for the idea. And if you need a set once I have managed to make them I will happily send you some!

I will gladly purchase a set or two sir and point you in the direction of a practically untapped market.    

The German guy doing the wood and machined Ali ones never seems to keep stock at all !    The minute he puts them up they sell.   

With the amount of weatherproof speakers emerging on to the market now you could also look at doing some for the garden as i reckon theres also a market for these too.   

3 people like this

hi @mrjim now them are some great woodwork carving's you have made. i love the coffee table, dam i'd buy one of them of you for my lounge if i lived near you, looks spot on. 

i can imagine rolling a joint or rigging up a dab kit on this table. :yinyang:

i have been into woodwork/ carpentry as a job myself over the years. i found it less boring working with wood. and time go's faster while woodworking , you just zone in. 

for creative patient people wood work is a art form and half my friend. please upload any other things you carve.

your getting me thinking of making one of your coffee tables now. lol i want one, it looks the part, i love the grain in it, nicely done, i hate it when people paint, or put dark varnish over the grain so you cant see it. :wallbash:

anyhow il shut up•now, lol im smoking on some peach melba cbd from g13 seeds, has a nice  peach smell and taste to it. :smokin:

large.20160717_161523.jpg

3 people like this

16 hours ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

hi @mrjim now them are some great woodwork carving's you have made. i love the coffee table, dam i'd buy one of them of you for my lounge if i lived near you, looks spot on. 

i can imagine rolling a joint or rigging up a dab kit on this table. :yinyang:

i have been into woodwork/ carpentry as a job myself over the years. i found it less boring working with wood. and time go's faster while woodworking , you just zone in. 

for creative patient people wood work is a art form and half my friend. please upload any other things you carve.

your getting me thinking of making one of your coffee tables now. lol i want one, it looks the part, i love the grain in it, nicely done, i hate it when people paint, or put dark varnish over the grain so you cant see it. :wallbash:

anyhow il shut up•now, lol im smoking on some peach melba cbd from g13 seeds, has a nice  peach smell and taste to it. :smokin:

large.20160717_161523.jpg

Thank you! Not too shabby for something made frok scrap!

There is nothing worse than ruining wood with paints. I've recently built a new tortoise table with cupboards underneath (will put a pic up soon!) All of the wide panels were old shelves in someones house that they wanted removing. As i was taking them down i realised that it was all pyranah pine under the layers of paint! Beautiful wood which now looks as it should do, oiled!

And get making that table!

3 people like this

The tortoise table with cupboards as mentioned in the above post

large.20180521_192332.jpg

large.20180521_192340.jpg

Ignore the towel underneath lol the lounge is a working progress and its easier to move about on the towel!

8 people like this

Truly amazing work, thanks for sharing :yep:

2 people like this

Stunning work... 

:notworthy:

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, THC4METOO said:

Truly amazing work, thanks for sharing :yep:

6 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

Stunning work... 

:notworthy:

Thank you! Really nice to know others like my work :thumsup:

Another bandsaw box this one is a bit larger and stands around 8" high. 

large.20180521_200134.jpglarge.20180521_200141.jpg

4 people like this

A few chainsaw carved mushrooms

large.IMG_1313.JPG

3 people like this

A garden bench made from a tree that I had to fell

large.IMG_1357.jpg

5 people like this