Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autofatman

Led to match HP's wattage

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@JamJar hi buddie , these parabolic shades... Are they all the same size? Bulb fitting wise? Also are they alot better then just a normal reflector? 

Going down the 400w route might sound better and also money wise

And also I could use the shade when I start my 2.4 x 1.2 m grow :)

Cheers bud

Atb

Edited by Autofatman

I think a lot of people get hung up on temp readings. 

Look at the plants. They'll tell you if they're too hot. 

Often see thermometers hanging in the canopy. Take your measurements in the shade :yep: 

buying a 400w bulb seems like the simplest, easiest, cheapest, solution here. 

Parabolic shades are the bollox :yep: 

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Autofatman said:

@JamJar hi buddie , these parabolic shades... Are they all the same size? Bulb fitting wise? Also are they alot better then just a normal reflector? 

Going down the 400w route might sound better and also money wise

And also I could use the shade when I start my 2.4 x 1.2 m grow :)

Cheers bud

Atb

I think secret jardin do one called the daisy which would fit in ur tent better than the Standard 1m parabolic. And yes ive heard there the nuts but not owned one to date. But i will at Some point.. That day i have enough space to do what bazzo is doing lol

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

@the lone deranger yo buddie wassuupp!!

My thermometer is coming in through the bottom and sitting on top of the leaves. The thing is I'm not actually with this grow as I'll be visiting every 3 days to refill the Res..

Which ideal I like to keep the HP's on 24/7 .

I think the 400w will be my choice as I'm used to using a 600w HP's for the last year :)

@JamJar

Lovely mate I will go and have a ganders and probs get one in the next week or so! 

I do have a bedroom to use but I'm abit scared of filling it lol

I would love to do a bedroom right out tho haha! 

All the best boys!

Many thanks 

@bazzo

I hear alot of bad stuff about dimming anbulb from its actual watts , like loss of lumens and a few other things.

The guy in the grow shop said he does it all the time and nothing goes wrong..

Unless he's trying to get me to buy more bulbs lollol

I got told to use the right bulbs for the right watts but I dno lol

@Autofatman nice one.

You're right. Match the bulb with the W you're running at :yep: 

Honestly mate, unless you're in a loft, don't worry too much about the odd spike in temps. Think how hot it gets in Spain, Morocco, africa. 35deg is nothing. 

Its the cold you want to worry about. 

600w is apush in 1m2 anyway so 400 will suit better. You'll probably find you crop more if you stick with the 400 through winter too. 

All the best mate :yep: 

2 people like this

@bazzo lol 

1 person likes this

@the lone deranger thank you buddie ;)

I'm currently running an600w in a 80cm x 100 x 170  atm and she's not doing to bad as I've got the fan right close to the filter for more pull on her. 

That could be why my plants always show heat/light stress.. more pistils popping constantly even when their pretty much done .

I'm probs going to drop to a 400w in their also :)

All the best mate cheers 

1 person likes this

Reason some people get hate is they have only started growing and start stating what they think is good which then becomes factual to new members ... just cos some members may have a new join date does not mean it’s their first time here .. it’s up to you  maybe go cmh with your006.    As a led user there is better than bazzo uses for similar prices? Just need to solder that’s it .. if it not had a sphere test and purple hue you be better with cmh in 1.2m.    Oh and phone light meters let’s not go there 

6 people like this

Hey bud , I've been really interested lately all with these 316/630 CMH/CDM or whatever lol

Do they actually match up to a 600w HP's?

Even tho they pull alot less watts from the wall? 

I really wanted one but mind their quite an expensive pice of kit, I would buy one if they run cooler and match up to a 600w or even 500w

Thanks mate. 

All the best 

@Autofatman  just keep thinking of a watt as a watt mate, regardless of what lights you use :yep: what it uses from the plug. Then aim for a gpw.

600w is too much for that space anyway. a 315 cmh might be perfect.

Personally, i'd get it right with hps first. CMH aint cheap. You've got the hps ballast already. For the sake of £ on bulb and parabolic, you could be pulling 3/400g a crop, easy.

I'd get a 250w too. I'm hoping for a hot summer lol

2 people like this

@the lone deranger yo buddie , thank you for your reply :)

I'd say I'm pretty good with the old HP's as I've used it for about 6 grows tbh , only a 600w tho.

What does a 315cmh pull do u know? Sorry to keep asking Bro it's all helps hehe 

Also , what do u mean by getting a 250w too? I'm all about yeild bro as I'm smoking a quarter a day easy  lol

I need to be growing a lot of weed , as its me and the misses toking all day and night long.. 

I'm like my man bob Marley ( I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints and then I'll smoke two more ) lollollol

The gpw I've never got close to 3/4 of it !

I don't know if it's me or my plant magic soil, OT grow and bloom. 

Mind you , could u pull half a kg from a 80 x 100cm space ?

All the best bro! 

Fatman! 

Bazzo noones hating on you, you just talk pish.  Please explain this "science" we're all missing.  For goodness sake even the roi folk piss themselves at this type of nonsense - sorry

Autofatman - try your existing LED with a  CMH & I don't think you'll look back whatever time of the year.

@Autofatman

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Autofatman said:

Mind you , could u pull half a kg from a 80 x 100cm space

Yes.........you can. When you get good this can be done with a 400w hps. 

A 600 is too much for that size room. A 400 really is the closest thing to the right light for that space.

Spend 20 quid on a 400w dual spec how and see how ya get on. 

Or if it was me and u have the money. CMH and a wee bit of led to boost it......now we are cooking

Better to have less(read correct) watts and a better environment. Your plants will thank you 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
3 people like this

@blackpoolbouncer

What u cooking up in the caravan of love atm mate? Did i read ur going from hps to cmh? 

Atb

JJ

2 people like this