Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manchesterman

Autos on window sill??

101 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Malagueno said:

Sure, it's a danger I face being next to a lane that cops drive down daily, and theres plenty of local robbers, but faint heart never grew sticky buds! As long as you're not facing prison, its a risk I am prepared to take.

Do you have the option to negate a lot of the risk buy getting a grow tent set up somewhere? I've driven down streets where you can smell it strong so I know what people mean about the smell. It's a gamble for sure. It is your decision at the end of the day and you who faces the consequences. Hopefully it doesn't land you in any trouble.

I was use my disability and say it is for personal use to self medicate. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Manchesterman said:

Do you have the option to negate a lot of the risk buy getting a grow tent set up somewhere? I've driven down streets where you can smell it strong so I know what people mean about the smell. It's a gamble for sure. It is your decision at the end of the day and you who faces the consequences. Hopefully it doesn't land you in any trouble.

Space yes, electricity supply - no. The power trips off if I use too many appliances already. Almost everyone grows a few plants here, even 70+ yr olds on my lane, so nobody cares unless you go crazy with numbers or cause some other trouble. The cops have many bigger fish to fry. My 5 dogs take care of security. 

I love growing outdoors, anyway, I get lots of exercise and sunlight that I wouldn't get indoors, and its too hot inside for half the year unless you have AC. 

1 person likes this

@Manchesterman  havnt read through whole thread so apologies if saying things already said.   Nice south facing window will work great,  id get a builders bucket from B&Q,  drill couple holes in the bottom, get some nice fluffy compost and just grow in that for the first month or so,  then think about feeding as the plant has used up most of the nutrients in the soil and is flowering away.  pretty straight forward and you don't have to worry much about pests and mold as its indoors,  nice way to grow.  good luck.  

P.s , really wouldnt worry about smell unless its a particularly smelly strain.  

On 09/06/2018 at 9:55 PM, Amarillo slim said:

P.s , really wouldnt worry about smell unless its a particularly smelly strain.  

That is absolutely terrible advice.  Just one flowering plant of any strain absolutely reeks.  Get a proper extraction fan and a carbon filter if you don't want passers-by to smell it from the street.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've got a GSC auto on my bathroom windowsill. It's South facing and the plant is in a small red party cup, I snapped it in half early on, missed waterings, and half the time it's not even been on the windowsill but on the other side of the room from it... And so far it's actually doing pretty well, it's about 18" tall and currently at the end of stretch/start of flowering (roughly 6 weeks from seed at a guess, can't remember), already smells of pure coffee. It would definitely stink out the house if I didn't have my intake in the bathroom though. Don't like to guess yield but I would say it'll probably be good for a Q if I'm lucky. Just a shame about the rest of the Fast Budz seeds because it's actually quite a nice strain, got another one in the tent that survived and it's a heavy yielder.

No camera atm unfortunately, I'll get a pic of said plant in the coming weeks.

:yinyang:

Edited by Fry

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, squirrel said:

Just one flowering plant of any strain absolutely reeks.  

I think you'll find that its strain dependant.    

Honestly the guy wants to grow an auto on his window sill,  and going from the posts on here,  he would have to go down to his local hydro shop and empty half his bank account to be successful lol   

Granted if its a smelly strain, might stink the room out..  but to say that any strain will absolutely reek,  with people smelling it from the street,  shows that your talking from relatively limited experience..?  Was actually wondering if / when one of my posts would be seen as 'controversial' ,  one of the reasons I don't bother posting here much..  adios lol

Edited by Amarillo slim
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

I think you'll find that its strain dependant.    

Honestly the guy wants to grow an auto on his window sill,  and going from the posts on here,  he would have to go down to his local hydro shop and empty half his bank account to be successful lol   

Granted if its a smelly strain, might stink the room out..  but to say that any strain will absolutely reek,  with people smelling it from the street,  shows that your talking from relatively limited experience..?  Was actually wondering if / when one of my posts would be seen as 'controversial' ,  one of the reasons I don't bother posting here much..  adios lol

Considering people can literally see it growing in the window wouldn't that be more of a giveaway than the smell, I have a auto in my bathroom and it stinks this is way before flowering too it's about 6 inches tallI want to plant it out sometime this week.. I'd suggest just find a plot and grow it outside mate more light and less risky

Edited by UKsFinest

1 hour ago, UKsFinest said:

Considering people can literally see it growing in the window wouldn't that be more of a giveaway than the smell, I have a auto in my bathroom and it stinks this is way before flowering too it's about 6 inches tallI want to plant it out sometime this week.. I'd suggest just find a plot and grow it outside mate more light and less risky

Think it goes without saying you don't do it in a ground floor window thats got a payment right outside 

Got a mate who's been growing on his window sill (or more accurately a coffee table beneath a velux)  for years..  Year before last he picked some seeds out of some nice bud he bought,  put them in pots.  ended up being really nice autos actually,  wish i knew what the strain was..  had a few of them on the coffee table in his room,  didnt smell unless you stuck your nose amongst them..  Last year I gave him a few seeds of my auto variety, and a dinafem amnesia auto I had as a freebie,  he grew them out,  again on the coffee table,  a few of them in pots of compost,  did well think he got about a half oz each maybe bit less..  again,  room didnt smell,  only when you went up to the plants and disturbed them or sniffed at the buds....    plenty of people who have pulled of crops a wee bit bigger than one auto in the middle of cities,  next to public places, footpaths etc..   smell not really an issue for the most part...  could go on...

obviously if you are growing a sour livers or a white widow that might be a different story lol  maybe I've just gone nose blind and my mates room stunk of weed lol

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

maybe I've just gone nose blind and my mates room stunk of weed lol

:rofl:

You wont go far wrong with Baby Bio, Tomorite and Liquid Seaweed.

Cheap as chips