Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aphatspliff

Summer temps.. Air cooler

With the summer hopefully not too far away I’ve been thinking of ways I can combat the heat for a stress free grow.

I’ve been looking at these portable air coolers on amazon for around £50-60. Has anyone here used one before? How effective are they at cooling a room? I was thinking of even putting one by the intake if they’re not that powerful..

Be interested to hear your experiences and opinions people.

Aphat :spliff:

Air coolers are not advised for growing as they pump too much moisture into the air....I had a mate who used one in his grow during summer, and ended up with mushy bud :(

You could try air con, but they are expensive, noisy and need to be vented outside.

Best thing to do in summer is reduce lighting, move lights further away from the plants and turn extract/intake fans up.

3 people like this

or air cooled reflectors

1 person likes this

my air cooler is vented outside takes the warm air and moisture away, mine is a cheaper type will keep temps below 90f during a hot summer spell.

1 person likes this

On 14/05/2018 at 6:36 AM, cypher79 said:

Air coolers are not advised for growing as they pump too much moisture into the air....I had a mate who used one in his grow during summer, and ended up with mushy bud :(

You could try air con, but they are expensive, noisy and need to be vented outside.

Best thing to do in summer is reduce lighting, move lights further away from the plants and turn extract/intake fans up.

I'm in early veg cycle. Turning up the fan drops the humidity to 40 in my setup. Is it better to keep the humidity stable at around 40 or will the veg plants appreciate humidity bouncing between 40 and 70?

On 5/13/2018 at 11:53 PM, Aphatspliff said:

’ve been looking at these portable air coolers on amazon for around £50-60. Has anyone here used one before? How effective are they at cooling a room? I was thinking of even putting one by the intake if they’re not that powerful..

I used one ages ago, I had to box it outside of the tent and then duct it into the tent. They pull air in the sides and therefore smelly unfiltered air, so it had to be boxed. The other issue is the hot air outtake pipe on the back gets fucking red hot, that will go to actually making the ambient temp of the room that the tents are in higher anyway. 

In short I wouldn't bother these days... I'd just turn lamps off.

1 person likes this

I'd ask what are your current rh's day and night max extraction?

If you're at 50% or less and have good extraction running one during the day may well be possible if they're already high then I have a fantastic solution. 

Uses 0 power, creates no additional humidity and can cool upto  8 600w lights. No good if you have a water meter mind. 

Dm me if you'd like to know more buddy. 

1 person likes this

Thats a bit suss @Thedoctor6999 why can't you post it publicly?

1 person likes this

Suss lol its my invention I'd rather not  give out the design to everybody for free.