Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Splooge

ready to be chopped?

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

large.darkghosttrain.jpglarge_dgt.jpglarge_dgt1.jpglarge_dgt4.jpg

large_dgt3.jpg

guessing these ones below are ready? I have a 30x loupe but its hard to tell between cloudy and clear depending on the angle/ lighting. They're all 8 weeks in tomorrow, was going to take them at 9 but if its finished now I might just harvest top buds and leave the lowers to harden up a bit. thanks to @stu914 for his advice on the rootit over the rockwool otherwise these probably wouldn't of made it, like my last lot:P. I only have purple leaf tips at the moment and i'm hoping it'll purple up more too

large_dgt6.jpglarge_dgt5.jpglarge_dgt2.jpg

Edited by Splooge
11 people like this

Lovely buds but looks like they could do with another week or so to me - a bit too many white hairs still but hard to say without a loupe

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Splooge said:

Any chance you could post in proper light? 

They look absolutely delicious just

oooooooo me eyes - then again my screen goes a funny yellow after a certain time :) I've been on the don revie again so fannied about hope you  don't mind - would love to see their proper colours

large_dgt6.jpg medium_Pish.jpg.b711884fb9fb75b83cfe8d93

Think I should sign out now before it goes horribly wrong -feck knows whats going on with this quoting malarky :)

Edited by Teeth
Apart from Splooge's photo all the slaver was entirely written/thought by teeth in this post - what is this jiggery mcpokery with the computah!!!!! (Rhetorical) sorry
4 people like this

You must be pleased with them, they look gorgeous mate.

4 people like this

They do look nice, I would probably chop em now, but I'm a bit greedy like that :D

2 people like this

lovely laddies man. stick a fork in her she's done.. nice job..:smokin:

1 person likes this

Glad the rootits worked for you bud, the results are certainly impressive, I reckon another week or two as @highgrower says........:yep:

1 person likes this

right I've got some more pictures (some using the loupe.. badly). These are lights off shots, they're still looking a bit green near the tops but they're definitely starting to fade.large.trics.jpglarge.trichs4.jpglarge.trichs3.jpg

I cant tell either way from these trich shots, this is with phone zoom and 30x loupe, which is pretty difficult to do ha.large.5af7f71e96d34_lightsoffdgt5.jpglarge.5af7f71d74819_lightsoffdgt4.jpglarge.5af7f71c667ee_lightsoffdgt3.jpglarge.5af7f71996517_lightsoffdgt1.jpglarge.5af7f717bf001_lightsoffdgt.jpglarge.5af7f71b445c5_lightsoffdgt2.jpg

these lot need at least another week i'm guessing?

large.5af7f7212e3cb_lowerleafpurplingup.jpglarge.5af7f720188c0_lightsoffdgt6.jpg

and this one above ready for chop? this is the only one i've took trichome shots of. sorry for all the pictures :doh:.

@DigDig I'm more leased with the smell than how they look. They smell like grape sweets, hoping they're going to taste as well as they smell.

@TeethI've taken lights on photos although these don't look as nice as the first lot :wacko:. yeah I was trying to work out what was goung on with the quotes there ha, sounds like you had a good night though :P

7 people like this

:rofl:

Patience dear boy, patience.....:rofl:...I assume you are flushing now?.......

There are still plenty of white hairs and deep green leaves, I would expect them to be yellowing towards the end as the plant uses up the last of the nutes.

See how your pic of a single fan leaf is showing deficiencies? In this case it's a good sign that they're heading for the finish.............:yep:

4 people like this

Quite a few pistils still standing to attention. I reckon give them another week.

They look great though, very sticky. What strain are they?

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@stu914 I was planning on letting them go at least 9 weeks, so id start flushing mid week with it being in flood and drain? I've already reduced the E.C right down, so there wont be much to flush if you know what I mean. I was worrying about that one plant in the last picture in case I leave it too long, its definitely further along than the others.

so is that a good plan ? flush mid week or wait longer?

This is my second "harvest" my first was way early but was also because of issues during flower and had bits of rot. I'm trying to be patient:wallbash:. still a steep learning curve at the moment though:book:. I need to start doing diaries to be fair.

@Oafman its dark ghost train by raredankness. Its a grape ape and ghost train haze cross, that's why i'm hoping for more purple too because the grape smell is definitely there. Quite a new strain from them:yep:

Edited by Splooge
7 people like this

What strain are they?.........breeder's estimated flowering times are usually incorrect but can be used as a rough guide..........

If they are at eight weeks, and judging by their appearance, I would be flushing plain tapwater (not ph'd) now and expect to take them in around ten days.

(Nothing to stop you from nicking a bit off one for a trial though......:wassnnme:)

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Splooge said:

I was worrying about that one plant in the last picture in case I leave it too long, its definitely further along than the others.

Dont worry about it, it won't ruin it, in fact its a good thing because its nice to find out if the smoke is different by letting it go over its readiness 

Owd

5 people like this

@stu914 dark ghost train, breeders flowering time is down as 55-65 days. It's at day 56 now, so its probably spot on. I seen orange hairs and swollen calyx and was going to use it as an excuse to chop it. I'm glad you're telling me otherwise though. I'll drop the res and start the flush (today is res change day anyway).

@Owderb yeah I was thinking it would ruin it or make it worse in some way, good to know that isn't the case.

3 people like this

Morning @Splooge

You're kidding right, maybe just me but your latest shots are the pics for me - they all look mighty fine - well done :yahoo:.

Yeah head hurty now and just assessing what damage i've done with drunk typing!  Why do I never learn :)

You're nearly there:toot:stay strong and you'll be rewardly handsomely

ATB

(can you tell I've just learned how to get all the smileys)

2 people like this