Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stummer

Diet

29 posts in this topic

Everyone's an expert on diets Stummer but for my 2p it sounds like you are right on track with myfitnesspal, you can set a calorie deficit and link it with a fitbit or similar to get a decent estimate on calorie burn then just scan your food barcodes until you're not allowed to eat any more. Sleep repeat. You can also set your own  ratio for "macros brah" if you're into fad diets but why mess around with evolution imo. 

Have fun with the new bike, nice weather for a ride out. 

1 person likes this

I do all the shopping and cooking in my house, not only is my wife coeliac she has other food allergies, I have to think what to buy and everyday I give her choices, I like doing it cos I hate being idle, she's not lost any weight since I started doing the cooking but she don't put it on. we eat plenty of veg and spices and white meat but she aint got as healthy a diet as me am sorry to say.

52 minutes ago, leapsure skemor said:

Everyone's an expert on diets Stummer but for my 2p it sounds like you are right on track with myfitnesspal, you can set a calorie deficit and link it with a fitbit or similar to get a decent estimate on calorie burn then just scan your food barcodes until you're not allowed to eat any more. Sleep repeat. You can also set your own  ratio for "macros brah" if you're into fad diets but why mess around with evolution imo. 

Have fun with the new bike, nice weather for a ride out. 

Cheers man, and yeah it seems like that lol loads online making me all paranoid like I have to be getting in every vitamin and mineral. Don't get me wrong I will be switching up the different types of meat and veg n fruits to try get a range of stuff. No matter what I eat, its got to be better than coffee for breakfast then a bag of crisps for lunch and a frozen pizza or 2 microwave burgers for dinner. I don't mind eating healthy anyway don't feel like a diet to me I actually enjoy it. Reason for eating crap was just laziness and convenience so now I am just cooking a few days of meals at a time. Can't wait to get out on the bike man, like you say its lovely weather for it. 

35 minutes ago, hash72 said:

I do all the shopping and cooking in my house, not only is my wife coeliac she has other food allergies, I have to think what to buy and everyday I give her choices, I like doing it cos I hate being idle, she's not lost any weight since I started doing the cooking but she don't put it on. we eat plenty of veg and spices and white meat but she aint got as healthy a diet as me am sorry to say.

They do say if someone who is celiac doesn't address it they can end up doing enough damage that they can't eat other food as well. I went and brought lactose free milk as milk would bloat me, noticed it was still doing it. Have had to cut out dairy but almond milk aint bad at all, even if my stomach heals enough to handle dairy again I won't go back to drinking milk. I just had some chicken breast with nandos rub which is gluten free and safe for celiacs. A lot of foods will say gluten free but then contain other stuff celiacs shouldn't eat so even when I see gluten free I read the label. I am mostly eating meat and fresh veg to be honest though. Once I have dropped bit of weight then I will treat myself once in a while to something a bit more unhealthy, while making sure its still okay for me to eat. Spices I was told to watch, just had some brown rice with bit of peri peri sauce and a nandos rub on my chicken and don't feel bloat, so think I'm alright. Some people have proper bad reactions and talk about being lightheaded from it and vomiting and all sorts. Glad I've decided to nip it in the bud before it ever got like that for me. 

my wife was rushed to hospital one night after eating a banana, she cant eat egg white plus lots of other fruit she cant eat fish. you can eat oat bran its only wheat bran you cant have

1 hour ago, hash72 said:

my wife was rushed to hospital one night after eating a banana, she cant eat egg white plus lots of other fruit she cant eat fish. you can eat oat bran its only wheat bran you cant have

Dam, see reading this and what other people go through I honestly feel like I'm in no position to moan. Next 3 days I'm eating meat with no seasoning. Want to see if that makes any difference as I am still bloating a little despite being gluten free. I feel better though for eating more healthy food and I wouldn't go back to eating all the junk. 

Find out what other foods you might be intolerant to, it really does help to know. Dont treat a symptom, find the cause so to say. 

I find the way I feel best is to stop eating for a period altogether, it sounds scary when you are used to eating 3x daily plus snacks but it is not harmful at all for short periods. But you will surprise yourself as you are giving your body the chance to eliminate the waste. Focus on crapping as much as you can and a few days later you will just be feeling so in point you will be wondering what all the fuss was for in the first place. Water fast, juice fast, smoothie fast. Even a short dry fast, it all works. You have loads time to experiment.

To add, Im a large 16 stone male who can eat 7x a day I get that greedy and ravenous but that has always been my lifestyle through years of sport and training, but fasting is an easy practice. 

Nutrition in - Toxin out in Laymens terms.  Like feeding to run off daily if your using coco as a medium. Run water and juice through you for 7 days and do an odd saltwater flush or an enema and you will start to get the mojo back. 

As long as you are trying new things, you are doing something differently to what wasn't working before, which is good. 

As far as I was aware ( I could be wrong on this one) that Oats were okay to eat for Coeliac, it is a protein called Avenin which is found in gluten but oats do not contain gluten. I am intolerant to gluten, and oats never used to trigger my symptoms. 

Have fun :)

2 people like this

interesting subject.

I too am a fat b*stard, who needs to lose about 3 stone. I'm 6 ft 4 and 18 stone. I used to be about 14 and 1/2, but would be happy with anything under 15.

I try and eat healthy, but to be honest I don't know enough about what is healthy and what isn't. Id struggle to identify a carbohydrate from a protein source. I have no idea how much of each I should be eating. I have piled on weight since i  was signed off work with a dodgy knee over a year ago.  (they since paid me off - thanks a bunch c*nts0  My previous  work was pretty physical, so I could pretty much eat anything and stay slim. 

I reckon ive put on at least 2 stone in the last year, because ;

A) I am unable to walk any distance now (due to fuct knee), and am doing very little exercise, altho I have started cycling again, which is usefull, because I can cycle further than I can walk, so the exercise works, and it seems to make the knee less painful. I cant figure out how ican cycle but not walk, but who cares, its a start.

B) Because I am not working , I am eating more thru boredom.

I am cooking much more for myself these days, including soups, but think that maybe some of the sauces I use are fattening (curries, pasta sauces, blogneses, cheese sauces, you know, the stuff that tastes good lol)

if any of you kind people could guide me to a useful site for information on foods and diets, then please do.

I would much appreciate it

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

if any of you kind people could guide me to a useful site for information on foods and diets, then please do.

I would much appreciate it

Scour youtube, it is a playground for people who want to learn about literally anything. 

The way I got down from 18 stone to 14 and 1/2 was by going to a raw vegan diet for 6 months, I would not recommend it unless:

A) It is the height of summer and you would love lots of cheap fresh fruit to make smoothies and juices. Produce gets real cheap in summer if you can get to Asian supermarkets.

B) You have a large circle of friends/family willing to join in and help you do it with you, otherwise its a pretty lonely place to be. Willpower IS required.

But, I transitioned from raw vegan back to vegan for reason B, and I didnt put the weight back on, until I started lifting more heavy weights.  It was just a serious healing cleanse I needed to go through at the time, my body had become acidic and my joints were becoming sore with Gout like symptoms. My skin was awful and I was a size 40 waist. This was around 5 years ago, I sorted shit out and got serious with training again and now I feel best around 95kg, if I go below that my face looks gaunt and if get upto 100kg I start to look a tad jolly. 

If you want exercise vidoes they are there, if you need recipe ideas they are there. If you need inspiration healing stories from people who were really sick they are there.  I am like you, I cannot work, but I do have a nice routine that allows me to eat well, be a little greedy but able to fast for 4/5 days at a time if I ever ate my ass to be unwell. 

I go with usually 6 days a week:

1 litre water on wake up, within first 30mins.

1 hour later = 500ml to 1Litre of mixed fruit smoothie, or a protein based banana smoothie.

10mins before lunch more water. Lunch, quick easy meal, I love sauerkraut so I usually have it on toast with some garlic tamari mushrooms.

Mid afternoon 1 Litre fresh juice or 500ml juice with 500ml water

Evening meal - Whatever the family wants, lots of veg & rice usually

Water before bed 1 Litre

I will add the 2 meals lunch and evening are quite large, I like to eat to feel satisfied. And a litre of smoothie is always a good challenge, especially if made really thick. 

Its not entirely rocket science, you just need to intake less calories day by day, week upon week, imagine a running total of calories in compare to calories required. than what your body requires to maintain weight, you can work all that out online. (Caloric deficit/maintenance/surplus), then you can plan your intake around that. The main thing is though and nobody likes to go there, you gotta clean out the colon to the point you are crapping way more than you are eating. So focus a lot on water, as that helps move things along down there, think about a fast, saltwater flushing, or herbal laxitives. 

Aim for 1 litre water per 20kg body weight, and always drink water before eating as you need water to hydrate carbs. (just trust me on that one)

See how you get on.

2 people like this

I lost 3 stone nearly in the last year just by changing jobs, I still eat shite and wash it down with lager lol 

3 people like this

I don't feel fat, like I don't have a six pack but wouldn't say I'm fat. Part of my reason was eating healthier makes ignoring easier to cut out gluten. I also don't mind eating healthy at all and pine for vegetables if I don't have any for a period. The eating unhealthy was purely being lazy when it came to cooking. Have got around that by preparing a my meals in advance. Not starving myself to lose weight or anything, if I'm hungry at night I'll eat but just better to have a healthier option in the fridge.

@badbillybob download an app called MyFitnessPal mate. Enter your details and will give you a rough idea as to how many calories you want to be eating. Also handy as it lets you scan what you do eat and at the end of a day or whatever you can see overall your diet. Will give you a guide as to how much carbs/fat/protein you want and can see how your doing. Plus can enter what you haven't already ate but are considering to see just how healthy it is. I'm deffo no expert but have lost weight and feel better for it.

Would swimming be okay with your knee injury as no weight on the joint? Once the weather gets shit I'm just planning to switch from the cycling to swimming a couple times a week for exercise. 

1 person likes this

mind yourself on the bike man, its mental out there with all the cars, eye contact is important, watch briefly the mirrors, is the driver attentive? does they know im here? is that car door going to open on me? is someone going to try to mow me down from behind like last time? im pro cyclist, get paid for getting run over.

1 person likes this

He doesn't have to worry about cars..He only wheelies around the local park In His hoody and trackie for a couple of hours a day mun..

lol

4 people like this

11 minutes ago, HazyDaze said:

He doesn't have to worry about cars..He only wheelies around the local park In His hoody and trackie for a couple of hours a day mun..

lol

lol gonna book to do my test again soon as possible. Only want a van though so can throw the dogs in the back and drive somewhere random to walk em. lol only time I've worn tracksuit bottoms in years is since I've got the bike. Just ordered couple pairs of shorts though. Proper making me out to be some sort of chav lol wouldn't be seen dead in a tracksuit. Unless doing some sort of sport or exercise then out the house a tracksuit isn't acceptable, its like blokes old as my dad still wearing trainers to the pub lol. They tend to always be those shitty white reeboks too and can bet anything the blokes a painter n decorator always in and out of work.

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, bazil brush said:

mind yourself on the bike man, its mental out there with all the cars, eye contact is important, watch briefly the mirrors, is the driver attentive? does they know im here? is that car door going to open on me? is someone going to try to mow me down from behind like last time? im pro cyclist, get paid for getting run over.

The route I've found is lovely, some road but its pretty quiet. Other than that a lot of the time is spent on a path going through woodlands. Pass loads of horses and nothing but fields and trees, is enjoyable and would be nice to walk the dog there but bit too far for my little uns legs. Got a short video as view was so nice but bit to lazy to be uploading onto YouTube n post it. Your right about cars though gotta be aware, probably wouldn't feel confident to throw myself into really busy traffic just yet. Plus I don't fancy breathing in all those fumes anyway.

1 person likes this