Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Oceanwisdom

Which Parabolic?

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good day guys and girls,

After a disastrous latest run, its time to step up my game.

I have a 600w with a Goldstar Cool Tube, a 600w Lumatek digital and a Secret Jardin Lodge 160. Its a crap set up. The light spread is terrible and I'm just fed up with it. 

I plan to upgrade to a 2 tent set up of a) Green Qube Propagator (125 cfl) daisychained into a Green Qube 1.2 x .1.2 with a 600w Parabolic. This will be vented with my 6inch RVK and a massive rhino.

Can anyone recommend a parabolic for this set up? All the usual online Grow Stores only seem to stock one or two varieties so I could use some advise before getting lost in amazon searches and ebay reviews.

Any input / experience appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Oceanwisdom

Posted (edited)

Only ever used just the bog standard Sunking parabolics, had a few of them and no complaints whatsoever, they're a cracking bit of kit for the money. I know there are more gucci ones out there but I've never felt the need to look at them.

E2a: You should be happier with the spread from a parabolic in that space. Will be much better. It's a ball ache trying to light tents of that awkward size though isn't it?!

Edited by Fry

Posted (edited)

I use a grostar parabolic....seems to do the job...really even light spread......did post a thread on them but no-one answered 

:sadwalk:  :sadwalk:

Edited by zen-ken

1 hour ago, Fry said:

Only ever used just the bog standard Sunking parabolics, had a few of them and no complaints whatsoever, they're a cracking bit of kit for the money. I know there are more gucci ones out there but I've never felt the need to look at them.

E2a: You should be happier with the spread from a parabolic in that space. Will be much better. It's a ball ache trying to light tents of that awkward size though isn't it?!

Yes mate it is. Those L160 tents are bullshit. 

Perhaps a silly question but what size parabolic would you recommend for a 1.2 x 1.2? I hear those parabolics have very sharp edges, so I wouldn't wouldn't want the tent walls pulling in against them. Is a 1m shade more suited to a 1.2 x 1.2 tent?  

46 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

I use a grostar parabolic....seems to do the job...really even light spread......did post a thread on them but no-one answered 

:sadwalk:  :sadwalk:

Chuck a link in here brother. I'm totally nerding out on gear again. 

most go for a 1metre one in  a 1.2 tent

5 people like this

I've been using a white 1m parabolic from Greens in 1.2m tent for years, no complaints here, and it doesn't touch the sides of the tent either.

3 people like this

isn't the L160 - a 1.2m2 main tent with 2 x 40cm width side spaces (above and below) for cuttings?

Personally I'd keep the tent, get a 1m2 parabolic and a T5 strip for the side compartment, the other compartment could be used for drying?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have a Green Qube propagator?

I'd like to know if you can stand it up on its side, making it tall and thin - rather than short and long. I guess you can? 

Edited by Oceanwisdom

6 minutes ago, Ital said:

isn't the L160 - a 1.2m2 main tent with 2 x 40cm width side spaces (above and below) for cuttings?

Personally I'd keep the tent, get a 1m2 parabolic and a T5 strip for the side compartment, the other compartment could be used for drying?

Yes it is. If you like your cuttings under 12/12. 

The light proofing is shocking. 

000338.jpg

Dont know where the thread went...may have been embedded in someone else's....its this bad boy 

Posted (edited)

I am going to advise you dont get the Lumatek Turrican.

Had a fault where the light didn't fire up due to a problem in the area that the bulb screws in to.

Spoke to Lumatek and they seemed aware of the problem and sent me another one. A few months later exactly the same thing happened.

But size wise a 1m para in a 1.2 tent is standard procedure......Just not lumateks ;)

Edited by Alan Johnson

I found the Grostar had hot spots in the corners. Now use a Turrican parabolic which seems a better spread.

I agree with the previous poster about upping your extraction to 8” out 6” in with both linked to a fan controller. 

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, zen-ken said:

000338.jpg

Dont know where the thread went...may have been embedded in someone else's....its this bad boy 

I like it. It looks like a secret military spy plane.

This is the growstar?  

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Oceanwisdom said:

I like it. It looks like a secret military spy plane.

This is the growstar?  

Yeah...but its 'grostar' if you want search for it....bloody overpriced....got talked into it when I feeling flush a long time ago.