Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Swgorilla

Started some autos

70 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Whilst it's generally too early to plant I've started 5 autos this week. They're by Freedom Seeds, haven't seen a massive amount about the company but they were passed on through a friend. I got 5x Big Easy autos. Packaging was decent, a lot better than the red purps I got from female seeds.

Screenshot_2018_04_14_12_19_09.png
Screenshot_2018_04_14_12_18_58.png

I started all 5 straight in small pots with compost and put in a cheapo propagator in the garden. They've been in this since and 4/5 have lost there shell. I've reported one into a transplant pot I think it's called, a pot with large holes cut in, inside another pot. 

Screenshot_2018_04_14_12_26_54.png
Screenshot_2018_04_14_12_26_39.png

Cheers for reading. Any tips be great, ta

3 people like this

From looking at the compost moisture, the ones who's compost looks dryer are in fact the better looking ones. I assume I may of over watered the slow looking plants. I'm very new to all of this but from reading I do remember about not giving them much water.

1 person likes this

Alright
@Swgorilla Never heard of freedom seeds, £17 quid for 5 fem auto's is very cheap though. not all auto's will perform outdoors, best to get some tried and tested performers. Packaging is totally irrelevant to the genetics er apart from the name, female seeds have some great outdoor strains.

I wouldn't of started them in shallow seedling trays as you have done as this may negatively effect the tap root that autos send down in any case they need to be in their final pot 2-3 weeks after germination so their growth isn't stunted. You have probably started too early.. although the UK is gonna warm up frosts can still occur in may especially early May. 

Get some Dinafem widow autos they produce well taste good and smoke is strong. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, cumbriangreen said:

Alright
@Swgorilla Never heard of freedom seeds, £17 quid for 5 fem auto's is very cheap though. not all auto's will perform outdoors, best to get some tried and tested performers. Packaging is totally irrelevant to the genetics er apart from the name, female seeds have some great outdoor strains.

I wouldn't of started them in shallow seedling trays as you have done as this may negatively effect the tap root that autos send down in any case they need to be in their final pot 2-3 weeks after germination so their growth isn't stunted. You have probably started too early.. although the UK is gonna warm up frosts can still occur in may especially early May. 

Get some Dinafem widow autos they produce well taste good and smoke is strong. 

Ello boss. Tried down here apparently and all was good but they would say that. Will look into the dinafem. 

Cheers 

Moved them all into pots this morning with compost and some seaweed extract mixed in then watered.

Screenshot_2018_04_15_11_41_47.png

Weather isn't great today but at least the sun has came out for a minute or two.

Screenshot_2018_04_15_11_41_54.png

2 people like this

I reckon its good to do a few extra early autos just in case may & june are scorching. I’ve also got 5 little 2-3 week old autos and am gonna do another 10 ASAP. 

I would like to do a bit of pollen chucking at anything that grows well from a cold early start.

6 people like this

im with you :)    i have 12 autos out in the elements now after 3-4wks under a cfl as weather was shit.   i know the results would be better waiting for a few weeks but i plan to do a 3 phase grow with the last coming down september.    All Sweet Seeds as they have never let me down to date and seem to handle the wettest weather with ease.     

Good luck with the girls mate !!   

5 people like this

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

im with you :)    i have 12 autos out in the elements now after 3-4wks under a cfl as weather was shit.   i know the results would be better waiting for a few weeks but i plan to do a 3 phase grow with the last coming down september.    All Sweet Seeds as they have never let me down to date and seem to handle the wettest weather with ease.     

Good luck with the girls mate !!   

Hi mate, 

I don't have the option for cfl so they were straight outsde. I, too, intend to do 3 phases, hopefully learning more and more on the journey.

Cheers

4 people like this

2 hours ago, inaction man said:

I reckon its good to do a few extra early autos just in case may & june are scorching. I’ve also got 5 little 2-3 week old autos and am gonna do another 10 ASAP. 

I would like to do a bit of pollen chucking at anything that grows well from a cold early start.

Yeah I figured I might as well try. Good luck mate

1 person likes this

Just started 4 autos today after looking at the forecast for the next couple of weeks, looking nice from Tuesday, might get a couple up by then. Good luck

3 people like this

my female seeds came inside a t-shirt!! Not had better packaging yet lol ill be popping all my autos in the next week/end also... Some take longer than others so solong as weathers half decent the next two month they should finish well.. Last year the hottest weather we had at my end was may and june... 

3 people like this

gonna start popping autos in the net few days aswell, fair few to get through aswell.

4 people like this

Sounds more positive mow I'm reading others are getting ready, ill certainly be buying more in the next couple of weeks.

Atb lads

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Is it a bit early to be popping autos to get the best out of them?

I dunno though, I always put a few out early June for best results for me...

Edited by Makka Pakka

Yes it is a bit early to start autos but depends how many you have, all mine were freebies so i'm not too fussed and will get something off them. Going to start a good few around mid may, I grow bigger auto strains otherwise early June is the best time to start

2 people like this