Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NeoGeo_uk

Autopots coco/perlite/pebbles wtf should i use ?

i have opted to buy an autopot system with 15 litre pots, generally i grow skunky type genetics or medium sized indicas, so they would be around ten weeks ish under 13/11.

My question is this, am i going to struggle with coco and clay balls ? could someone please recommend a pre mix that they've used that was reliable and gave good results.

i am researching this as i am a half whit when it comes to hydro, grew in coco a couple of times but got an attack of the borg so cleaned out and started again with soil.

i will be going with dutch pro coco 2 part base plus pk 13/14 ??? i need help !

thanks in advance peeps 

Inch of clay balls/gravel at the bottom then just coco all the way to the top.

The 15L pots are for proper trees, the 8.5L get going quicker.

atb

3 people like this

Thanks lurk, there seems to be quite a bit of debate over weather to use coco or soil.... i wanted to get away from soil all together, i average about 9 or 10 oz of dried,cured bud from 6-7 plants depending on what i'm growing.

I am hoping to get a bit more per plant using these auto-pots, i have read a couple of reviews that complained about blocked valves and flooded grow spaces so as a possible alternative my other thought was a flood and drain table , I've tended a friends grow before , he was using flood and drain and his plants were huge i suppose i could try both side by side and see what i get on best with.

You said the 8.5 get going quicker , that makes sense as i need the pots properly populated with roots before i  turn on the system.

Thanks for the info mate

peace out

G

1 person likes this

Yeah see how you get on, I am too tight for flood and drain.

I do fancy using soil in the autopots just to see if the taste really is different.

No need to worry about blocked valves though if the res is clean and agitated and it is easy to keep roots where they should be.

1 person likes this

Everyone's going nuts about these autopots i hope it goes well buddy!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, lurkerMK1.03 said:

Yeah see how you get on, I am too tight for flood and drain.

I do fancy using soil in the autopots just to see if the taste really is different.

No need to worry about blocked valves though if the res is clean and agitated and it is easy to keep roots where they should be.

Thanks for the reasurance man :skin_up: you're not kidding it's hard to justify the price of flood and drain . i was looking at just a tray and res vales etc and for a tray and res to suit my tent (which aint huge) it was about seven times of what i was hoping to spend.

i'm so tight my fans are re-purposed extractor hoods , our water feature (LAUGH) in the garden is half a buried dustbin full of rocks.

i was put off dwc because of the cost of a chiller, i still use sodium atm 1200w of it , it's roughly 700 quid to buy equivs in led.

dude i just used this bcuzz soil booster beneficial stuff on my last run and i gotta say if you want bud that smells thoroughly soil grown then grab some.

i bought a 5litre can that had a few dents in the tub for £8 from ebay didn't know it was £128 ordinarily no one else bid so i got it lol.

they do a coco one also.

1 hour ago, Whambud said:

Everyone's going nuts about these autopots i hope it goes well buddy!

thanks mate, i'm looking forward to the challenge, i'll maybe just do a couple of auto pots alongside my usual stuff.....all my eggs  etc etc.

i cant afford for the mrs to run out of weed.

:george:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, NeoGeo_uk said:

thanks mate, i'm looking forward to the challenge, i'll maybe just do a couple of auto pots alongside my usual stuff.....all my eggs  etc etc.

i cant afford for the mrs to run out of weed.

:george:

sure you'll both be fine lol

Hi neogeo_uk.. I use autopots.... Love them.. I use 50mm clay balls in bottom of pots on top of the thin felt mat, then fill coco up as many ltrs as ye want.the copper mats go under the pots in the tray to stop roots travelling.  I also put enough clay balls to cover coco to stop it drying out to quick under lights..

Never had a flood but can easily happen as the wee pipes that's come with the pots can block and real bass to clean  especially if you going to re-use them time after time so I bought a coil of the 4mm pipe and replace ever grow. Only about 4m everytime and made a big difference. No blocked valves but i do strip the valves into its parts and clean with the wifes toothbrush haha.  (Dinny tell her :george: ) and apart from that the system works a dream. Piece o piss for a lazy bass like me.... 

I only us AN coco a+b, grow and bloom,wee bit cal mg as awfy soft water . got some pk there I'm gonna try and see how it goes.

If there is an easier way I would love to know... Cheers gonge :skin_up:

2 people like this

On 15/04/2018 at 10:38 AM, gonge said:

Hi neogeo_uk.. I use autopots.... Love them.. I use 50mm clay balls in bottom of pots on top of the thin felt mat, then fill coco up as many ltrs as ye want.the copper mats go under the pots in the tray to stop roots travelling.  I also put enough clay balls to cover coco to stop it drying out to quick under lights..

Never had a flood but can easily happen as the wee pipes that's come with the pots can block and real bass to clean  especially if you going to re-use them time after time so I bought a coil of the 4mm pipe and replace ever grow. Only about 4m everytime and made a big difference. No blocked valves but i do strip the valves into its parts and clean with the wifes toothbrush haha.  (Dinny tell her :george: ) and apart from that the system works a dream. Piece o piss for a lazy bass like me.... 

I only us AN coco a+b, grow and bloom,wee bit cal mg as awfy soft water . got some pk there I'm gonna try and see how it goes.

If there is an easier way I would love to know... Cheers gonge :skin_up:

Nice one gonge,

you have saved me much head scratching mate, i'm just shifting a load of junk on ebay to raise the cash fa the auto pots, plus the mrs is contributing some of her hard earned cash, so all being well come pay day i'll be flexing the plastic.

You see so many folk on here who seem to have limitless funds for bits and pieces , i'm not bitter though BASTARDS !:skin_up:

1 person likes this