Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wourgh

Introduction - New Here

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

After just browsing this site a lot, I thought I'd best create an account. I'm completely fresh to the growing scene, with no practical knowledge. I've spent plenty of hours reading various forum posts, video guides and e-books but feel that I've only scratched the surface. Please be kind! 

So... I've just gone ahead and bought a load of equipment. Perhaps I've been a little over ambitious in my purchasing... :rolleyes: I've bought a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m grow tent with the intention of partitioning it off to a 1.2m x 1.2m 900W (450W true draw) LED tent for vegging and a 1.2m x 1.2m 600w HPS for a flowering. The idea of it is to have a constant supply in regular intervals. But more on that perhaps on another thread. 

Anyway, look forward to contributing and also look forward to reading your feedback in the months to come. 

Edited by Wourgh
5 people like this

Hey mate :)

Ive just finished my veg room which is next to my flower room they share Extraction and all is working Well so far. 

Im LED all the way though lol

Welcome to the forum and goodluck with ur first grow

Atb

JJ

Welcome Wourgh :thumsup:

4 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Hey mate :)

Ive just finished my veg room which is next to my flower room they share Extraction and all is working Well so far. 

Im LED all the way though lol

Welcome to the forum and goodluck with ur first grow

Atb

JJ

3 minutes ago, stoned_ape said:

Welcome Wourgh :thumsup:

JamJar - Thank you. Have you posted anything about it? It'd be great to see what you've got going on. I want to be LED all the way but couldn't afford 2 x MarsHydro II 900s when purchasing the entire set up. I'll have to wait till next month. What LEDs do you run? 

stoned_ape - Thanks dude! It's been a long time coming. :bong:

1 person likes this

@Wourgh

Ive got a few diaries on here mate.

I run my veg room with a 600w Blurple unit which is 125W at the wall i think.

Flower room i have 300W SMD Floodlights. 1 X 200w 2 x 50w large.DSC_0732-2208x1656.JPG

There cheap lol i think i paid like 70 quid for the 200w one :)

Atb

JJ

2 people like this

Hello and welcome @Wourgh

Good luck with your horticultural adventures!

:v:

9 hours ago, Wourgh said:

Hi all,

After just browsing this site a lot, I thought I'd best create an account. I'm completely fresh to the growing scene, with no practical knowledge. I've spent plenty of hours reading various forum posts, video guides and e-books but feel that I've only scratched the surface. Please be kind! 

So... I've just gone ahead and bought a load of equipment. Perhaps I've been a little over ambitious in my purchasing... :rolleyes: I've bought a 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m grow tent with the intention of partitioning it off to a 1.2m x 1.2m 900W (450W true draw) LED tent for vegging and a 1.2m x 1.2m 600w HPS for a flowering. The idea of it is to have a constant supply in regular intervals. But more on that perhaps on another thread. 

Anyway, look forward to contributing and also look forward to reading your feedback in the months to come. 

Welcome bro!

This place is a great way to accelerate your learning! Any question pm me or just ask away!

Just gonna say now man watch your temps during flower!!!! By the time you get them the weather outside is gonna pick up, Lights on at night and make sure you have an intake but for now you should be good keep us updated and link me to your grow diary would love to help!

1 person likes this

I'm running 600w LED Viparspectra got two of them there pretty decent man!!

gallery_97863_13465_260008.jpg

1 person likes this

hi mate and welcome..... any ideas on what you will be growing as a first attempt ?

Posted (edited)

@JamJar Thanks mate, I'll have a look! With regards to lighting I've already dumped £350 odd on this 900w equivalent. I hope it's worth it...

@Slugums Thanks for the welcome! 

@Whambud I'll bear that in mind. After creating a thread on Design and Locations, it has been mentioned that ventilation might be an issue. It's been recommended to me that instead of 4" out, I should go 6" in and 8" out using an "RVK" fan as opposed to a TT style fan? (Unsure of what that means yet). I'll be sure to link you in my diary once I get things set up and look forward to your input! 

@vortex A friend of mine has already planted and got to the seedling stage with a Super Lemon Haze of some description. Going to give that a go and see what happens. If it lives, cool, if it doesn't, oh well. I'm not going in with high hopes on this one as I'm sure I'll make a couple of mistakes whilst learning. 

Edited by Wourgh
2 people like this

@Wourgh for ur size tent even with LEDs id say 6" ruckfan at the minimum really. With decent Carbon filter ofc 

That led light u got there will do the job just fine mate and dont let anyone tell u different. Proven to work. It will take a while to learn all the basics of growing and learning the traits of ur Lights. You should have it all dialed in pretty soon :)

Atb

JJ

Hi wourgh welcome to the site,only just joined myself bud,I've never grown anything before only a pumpkin for my lads, looking forward to watching and learning see how you get on,can you post a photo of set up when your up and running,

All the best mate

large.IMG_20180529_103956.jpglarge.IMG_20180529_103942.jpglarge.IMG_20180529_103914.jpglarge.IMG_20180528_233220.jpgSo far, so good. 

So FINALLY, I've got round to getting off my a*** and putting seeds in pots. They are past the first set and just forming the second!

2 x Feminised Blue Cheese (RoyalQueenSeeds)

2 x Feminised White Widow (RoyalQueenSeeds) 

Pictures to follow. 

Thanks

Wourgh

welcome, and good luck! nice profile pic lol

@some1 Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to contributing in what way I can to this forum. 

Yeah, I thought so too. Fond memories and simpler times. 

1 person likes this