Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

SeaJay

Hydroponic and Grow Tents

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What do folk think about grow tents, are they any good?

Also, are all grow tents able to accommodate hydroponic grows or are they a special type?

Thanks all

Edited by SeaJay

grow tents do  exactly hat they are supposed to do.

there are varying quality of tent but even the cheaper tents do the job 

Tents are cracking SeaJay, easy to put up and take down, used the qube stuff and couldnt fault it. if you use one in a loft space be sure to insulate it well, made that mistake when i was a nipper and wont do it again! dont see why you couldnt hydro in one but i have not progressed to hydro yet, still mastering the mud side of things 10 yrs on

Fresh

Posted (edited)

I run an oxypot dwc system in a grow tent...all works well together.

Edited by ribenademon
Spelling
1 person likes this

Thanks all for the advice. I've been watching a lot of Youtube vids and the equipment for Hydroponic grows doesn't look too expensive or complicated. I might go with no grow tents because acquiring the gear and setting it up looks like half the fun. 

@SeaJay you sound like you have very basic knowledge, no offence mate.  Welcome to UK420, you have come to the right place!

If I were you, I'd keep it very simple. A tent is pretty much essential, but choosing your method, be it soil, coco, DWC, NFT etc.... makes it very confusing.

Unless you're a quick learner, just go with soil or coco and learn the art of growing weed.

You won't go wrong by reading this link first.....

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/386520-the-weak-link-the-art-of-training-yourself-to-be-a-better-grower/&

Then get a tent and the basics, and plant the seeds, there's no better way to learn than to do it yourself. Don't procrastinate!

Good luck with your new favourite hobby!

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, teehee said:

@SeaJay you sound like you have very basic knowledge, no offence mate.  Welcome to UK420, you have come to the right place!

If I were you, I'd keep it very simple. A tent is pretty much essential, but choosing your method, be it soil, coco, DWC, NFT etc.... makes it very confusing.

Unless you're a quick learner, just go with soil or coco and learn the art of growing weed.

You won't go wrong by reading this link first.....

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/386520-the-weak-link-the-art-of-training-yourself-to-be-a-better-grower/&

Then get a tent and the basics, and plant the seeds, there's no better way to learn than to do it yourself. Don't procrastinate!

Good luck with your new favourite hobby!

No offence taken. 

I'm quite liking the RDWC system as it goes, so at least I've narrowed it down to that. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I started with RDWC funnily enough, lured by the promises of foolproof high yields, I went all bells and whistles with a cooler, bought a bubbler and upgraded it with huge air pumps and airstones from a Koi supplier. Even got CO2 in on the act.... and it all went balls up.

I wouldn't go by Youtube advice, you will see better, properly documented RDWC grows on this site, and you will see how hard it has been for some of the experienced growers to get results.  You need to see the successes as well as the difficulties these systems present. There are great systems like the Alien RDWC..... but it helps if you already know how canna grows..... too many things to think about if you run into a problem. And with hydro problems, you have to react quickly or it's all over, whereas with soil and coco, you have a bit of time to put things right.

Sure, you can get huge yields with RDWC, but it's easy to get sold by the promises these systems give. You can get HUGE plants in soil or coco as well. Best to ease yourself into it, I really think you should reconsider. Spend your money on a decent sized tent, intake and outtake fans, carbon filter, and of course, a 600W HPS or equivalent LEDs etc and grow some plants.

Edited by teehee
3 people like this

@SeaJay I would listen to Teehee if i were you, he talks a lot of sense.

Going straight in with RDWC when you're asking questions like you have been (your other thread for example asking what kit do you need, this game requires you do your own research and RDWC doubly more so. Put your own shopping list together then come and ask if it's ok, dont ask to be spoonfed), is a recipe for tears. Keep it simple stoner :smokin:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm still sold on the idea of RDWC but I'm glad you have warned me it's not as easy as Youtube vids make out. I hope I don't sound arrogant when I say I am going to stick with RDWC. The way I see it, I don't know much about growing cannabis, period. So, I might as well pick one system, stick with it, and learn to master it. If it turns out to be more of a challenge than I can manage (I understand that's a real possibility), then I can look to soil growing techniques. From what I've seen so far, it's not so much that RDWC is complicated, it seems more a case that elements of RDWC have to be precisely controlled with little to no margin for error. RDWC is very unforgiving. Also, RDWC  doesn't seem to be much more expensive than setting up a good grow tent. 

I've got a lot of questions so I'm not going to dive right in. I'm doing research and I've spent a good deal of time watching Youtube vids and reading articles. I've ordered a book and have another two books on the back burner. I'm also doing research on this website and other sites.

Either way, I'm going to start small with one bucket, maybe two. I'll mess up with soil, and I'll mess up with RDWC, but my hope is if I persevere with one system, I can slowly learn to master it

All that said, I reserve the right to change my mind and go with soil whenever I want :D

Edited by SeaJay
1 person likes this

That's cool mate, but get a tent anyway. You need to control your climate and hide smells. A tent is the best way to do that. 

Have a look at grows by @rabthegrower for 1 bucket grows, and @Freax for a few Alien grows. 

Dig around here on 420 and ask questions, find a system like yours and copy the method.

All the best of growing karma to you!

2 people like this

1 minute ago, teehee said:

That's cool mate, but get a tent anyway. You need to control your climate and hide smells. A tent is the best way to do that. 

Have a look at grows by @rabthegrower for 1 bucket grows, and @Freax for a few Alien grows. 

Dig around here on 420 and ask questions, find a system like yours and copy the method.

All the best of growing karma to you!

You're right, a tent makes sense no matter what I do

Thanks teehee.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just been looking at the tents and they do look good. Bit worried about the structural stability of them though, not that I intend swinging off them. 

Can you set up an RDWC system in them, has anyone done this? I'm looking at 6 plants max. 

Edited by SeaJay
1 person likes this