Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

skorpio777

how to get my seeds to open

44 posts in this topic
On 26/02/2018 at 0:29 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Never plant say 10 seeds when you need 10 plants, guaranteed to end in disappointment.........I learnt that the first year in my allotment

This is why a Baker's Dozen is 13!

Bio ;)

1 person likes this

@panik I would make stir-fry with those! Look like me mum's home-made bean-sprouts - no offence, each to their own and all that. I just don't like the odds of snapping one or two off when planting them.

Bio

1 person likes this

@Eviarno_coco about 3weeks ago,I put seeds into 7cm square pots ( from Wilco @ £1 for 15 ) of coco.pre-soaked with Formulex ( or just use a very weak coco feed ),placed inside a zip-lock food bag,sprayed inside bag with water,and 3 days later all had broke the surface.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ursus1000 said:

@Eviarno_coco about 3weeks ago,I put seeds into 7cm square pots ( from Wilco @ £1 for 15 ) of coco.pre-soaked with Formulex ( or just use a very weak coco feed ),placed inside a zip-lock food bag,sprayed inside bag with water,and 3 days later all had broke the surface.

What environment mate? Darkness or light? Room temperature or warmer? Immune have been in Rockwool cubes in a prop tub for two days but sadly no sign yet.....

@Eviarno_coco As the seeds will be below the surface of the coco,it dont matter whether light or not,they wont be affected. I had mine in the corner of a tent with a 600w over some vegging plants. They will stretch,but its not too critical,you can always bury the stem more when you pot-up after a couple of weeks,although a few days after mine had broken the surface,I had set up a small cutting/veg tent with a 200w cfl.A couple of things,make sure you wet the coco ( or compost ) before you put your seeds in,or the weight of the water will push the seeds too far,and they will struggle to break the surface.Also,when you have made a slight indentation in the coco for the seed,cover up the seed with a pinch of fresh coco,not the pre-wetted coco,it'l make it a bit easier for the seeds to break through. ATB mate.

It's all about the tunes you play em, I've had 100% germ success with guns and roses use your illusion 1 album.

They will germ in your pockets with use your illusion 2.

1 person likes this

popped mine into damp paper towel then put damp paper towel on top of  them .... in the airing cupboard in the warm and dark ......

24 hours later i  had this ......large.5ad8f22b6e34c_dynamedcbd640x480.jpglarge.5ad8f220bd9f4_lemonjuiceexpress640x480.jpg

Hey buddy,

Im new to this game as well but here's my pennies worth! I have noticed there are 2 contributing factors that are the same in everyones information, thats warmth and moisture/dampness.

No matter which method you decide to use your basicaly doing the same thing, keeping the seeds warm, in a damp enviroment. Planting the the seeds directly into your medium means you will not have to transfer them once they have sprouted on a paper towel (this will be my preferred method) but using damp paper towels gives you that visual sign all is good before transferring them , so i do see the attraction.

Best advice i can give is pick what appeals to you and get on with it, thats what i was told.

All the best buddy and keep a diary so we can see how you do ;)

Each to their own really, both work. Sometimes i will use wet tissue then plant when I have a nice root, or just plant straight away. It depends on circumstances for me really tbh.

I kept failing miserably with seeds when I first started growing at 16, my first successful attempt of getting seeds going was when I planted them straight away. It is fucking annoying when the tissue dries out and then fucks them up I must say. That's happened a few times now.

I’ve just set my first grow up couldn’t decide which way to go with the seeds.

ive gone for straight in soil, in a propagator  in the airing cupboard and I’m keeping everything crossed I see some signs of life soon....

1 person likes this

Damp tissue in a chinese take away tub in the airing cupboard, just done 2 this way, both had roots after 24 hours.

17 hours ago, speshul91 said:

Damp tissue in a chinese take away tub in the airing cupboard, just done 2 this way, both had roots after 24 hours.

I’m kind of wishing I went this way now lol I popped mine in pots on Saturday evening and no sign so far and planting them straight in I’m blind, hopefully I’ll see the first signs of life soon...

You will soon, you just need to be patient :yep: