Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jimboo

6 NATIONS FIXTURES 2018

52 posts in this topic

Rugby supported by Maccy D's..

Grrrrrrr

1 person likes this

Feels strange saying this being English, but I think I'll be cheering Ireland on today. We've got nothing to play for and a grand slam would be a really big thing for the Ireland team, grand slams don't come along very often and I like to see folks achieve something special to them, so I hope they do it :)

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Feels strange saying this being English, but I think I'll be cheering Ireland on today. We've got nothing to play for and a grand slam would be a really big thing for the Ireland team, grand slams don't come along very often and I like to see folks achieve something special to them, so I hope they do it :)

:scared: Shit the kiss of death :wassnnme:lol 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

:scared: Shit the kiss of death :wassnnme:lol 

lol Sorry, shoulda kept my gob shut, I am the worst jinx in the world :doh:

I should hire myself out as an anti-mascot, pay me and I'll go and cheer for the opposition lol

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

£2.50 On Iain Henderson to score :yes:

bought myself a 4 pk of Guinness for the game... delicious but it's like smoking slate..

2 hours ago, Jimboo said:

Bump Scotland v Italy coming up

:nono:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-v-france-six-nations-14399005
Nigel Owens called up to replace stood down official
Welsh referee Nigel Owens was supposed to be the fourth official at the Principality Stadium this Saturday but now he’ll be on the touchline at Twickenham.

That’s because Marius van der Westhuizen, who was supposed to be assistant referee 2 for England v Ireland has been stood down.

The South African controversially attended an England training session this week as a consultant.

The practice of an official helping out at training is not uncommon but World Rugby has taken a dim view on van der Westhuizen’s attendance in England’s camp given he is due officiate on them this weekend.

He has been stood down to ‘avoid additional unfair and unnecessary conjecture’.

A statement from World Rugby read...

World Rugby has confirmed that Marius van der Westhuizen will be replaced by Nigel Owens as Assistant Referee 2 for the Natwest 6 nations match between England and Ireland at Twickenham on Saturday.

The decision follows Marius’ attendance at an England training session this week. While greater dialogue and collaboration between match officials and teams (including attending team training on request) has been agreed by World Rugby and the teams, Marius should not have been involved given that he was a member of the match official team for the weekend’s match.

World Rugby takes responsibility for this oversight and has taken the proactive decision to stand Marius down to avoid any additional unfair and unnecessary conjecture. Marius is an outstanding talent with a big international future and both he and his employer SARU fully support the decision.

World Rugby has also clarified with teams that, in addition to the regular pre-match coach and referee meetings, senior elite teams will continue to have the opportunity to request that a member of the high-performance match official panel attends training providing that the individual is not a member of the match official team officiating that team at a later date within the current competition or test window.

Regardless of what Marius van der Westhuizen did, IMHO Nigel Owens should referee every game.

In every sport lol

Best referee in the world - not necessarily for the rules of the game (can't say I know enough about rugby to make that call), but just for his no-nonsense, take no shit from the players, get on with it approach.

I'd love to see him referee football lol The problems of diving, players trying to get decisions by cheating, badgering the ref, waving imaginary cards, all the nonsense in the box during corners etc would be sorted, he'd just tell them to stop being silly, have a stern word, put them in their place and that would be that lol

Legend :notworthy:

3 people like this

Eddie Jones wouldn't want to beaten by the gummy Irish again! 

1 person likes this

Congrats Ireland, an epic slam.

Cheers :smokin:

1 person likes this

Congratulations Ireland :clapping:

England were fucking awful (again, the wheels have well and truly fallen off, Eddie Jones' gameplan has been found out), but I take nothing away from Ireland, they made us look awful, deserved Grand Slam winners.

lol I'm on the vodka but I may have to go and get a cheeky can of Guinness (or a bottle of the export stuff, cos it's 8% lol ) to toast the Grand Slam :cheers:

3 people like this

England need a new coach Mike Brown should have been on from the start he's one of the best players England have, I hate him so much, which is why I love this photo

DYgUzK0X4AQSHx3.jpg:large

4 people like this

I don't know.. I still feel it was close...I mean we lost no doubt... But we had a lot of chances to make it a very even and close match...well played Ireland.... But really we should of taken advantage when they where one player down...  I love rugby.. Well played Ireland... One other thing I love about rugby is I watched it in a Irish pub.. With no England supporters in sight... Would never do that if it was a football match.. 

Football is gentleman's game played by thugs... Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. I think the same is true for the fans... :yep:

@Boojum very sporting of you old bean!

Well done Ireland.   They well and truly walked it today.  And on paddies too!  One for the history books.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MacGanja said:

Football is gentleman's game played by thugs... Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen. I think the same is true for the fans... :yep:

Utter bollocks that sadly seems to be the view of quite a few MEMBERS on here looking down their nose at football and its working class fans but then it does tend to be the middle-class twats with their head up their own arse that shares this view :doh:

Where I stay the only people who play and go to watch rugby are mainly the rich of which a high percentage are numpties but I would never dream of calling all rugby fans rich numpties  :wassnnme:

Well done Ireland :yep:

1 person likes this