Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sal81

5 days my plants alone !

71 posts in this topic

Drop a CFL on them for  time being , my plants took 7 days to drink up a 11lt pot after a good water and feed pal 

1 person likes this

Hi @Sal81

As @Chester Copperpot asked - is this a coco grow? Water retention in coco and soil are markedly different, so the answer depends a lot on that...

3 people like this

Few things would work like others have said choose one what suits you

Smaller wattage lamp, Lower veg hours, Give them a big drink, wick system?

edit: IMO i would just drench them, the plants i can see are only small and them pots are huge mate lol maybe a plant pot saucer underneath for some bottom feeding just before you leave?

:smokin:

Edited by wifi-user

19 minutes ago, Slugums said:

Hi @Sal81

As @Chester Copperpot asked - is this a coco grow? Water retention in coco and soil are markedly different, so the answer depends a lot on that...

Yes and I believe autos roots grow fast so that would add to moisture loss again.

In the gardening section of the pound shop they selll these auto watering type things you fill with water, got a bulb at the top. Never tried them but if they work a quid ain't bad. Might be out of season now though,

3 people like this

At that age 5 days they will be fine, you shouldnt be watering any more frequently than that when they are that size anyway in that size pot because they are by no means rooted.

atb

4 people like this

Have we inadvertently found the start to all the problems @Sal81 has been having later on in flower? 

Have you been looking at your roots after you've harvested Sal? Are the pots full? Do they look healthy and white? 

I don't know Auto's very well, but if they're not getting a good start (no wet/dry cycle, lazy roots?) it's gonna have a knock on effect. 

Just putting it out there.. 

@blackpoolbouncer what d'ya reckon? 

2 people like this

This is why I say you should start in 0.5's so a wet dry cycle is followed from day one

ALWAYS wet dry.

Wet wet wet sang a song or two but canna doesnt like wet wet wet

@tigseyjnr I dont know how many more times I have to say it.

It doesnt matter if its been 2, 5 or 10 days if your pots still heavy more water is never the answer.

That compost should hold about 4 litres of water at saturation...........that plant is not drinking a litre a day at that size.

sal should know his plant would be fine for 5 days if he was following his wet dry cycle properly because he would know how long it takes inbetween waters, the last water having an even greater length between it because the plant was even smaller

9 people like this

lol

large.0_IMG_20180104_102830.jpg.01ba5e42

I can tell he isnt following a wet dry cycle because of this picture alone...... his lowest leaf is wet from watering and yet it appears he doesnt want roots to grow in the bits round the edge where the roots are racing towards because he has neglected to water that bit. All the while the compost in the middle is steaming towards anaerobic condition and the outside become void of microbial life due to lack of moisture.

But keep not following the wet dry cycle.

@tigseyjnr You may be right. Its often what we cant see that can be the problem.

Upon the surface at the minute all seems well but we are lining up for problems by not following standard good gardening practice and providing an unstable rhizosphere.

7 people like this

When we say roots need air and water we dont mean one half of the compost water and the other part air lol 

E2a im not making fun of you sal, what we are seeing here is very common with new growers and experienced ones alike. 

The theory sounds good, bit of water, more as they grow but when you actually weigh it up it is all reactive to problems created by not potting up from a small pot due to the myth that starting in its final pot is how it should be done

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
8 people like this

18 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Wet wet wet sang a song or two but canna doesnt like wet wet wet

You are showing your age there mate lol 

5 people like this

lol anyone on here born in the 90's onwards are all like "what the fuck is wet wet wet? :unsure:"  

lol 

8 people like this

3 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

anyone on here born in the 90's onwards are all like "what the fuck is wet wet wet?

I was like that after hearing Love is all Around was a best chart topping song for so long, I think that and Everything I do I do it for You are the two most revealing songs about our public, they have probably out sold any boy bad single, surely? 

How the music industry has changed, we don`t have single sales like that anymore. 

I just did 11 days over xmas without problem, a little stretch that,s all.  My method, electrical checks first, make sure am confident all my electrics, connectors are good, swapped out 600W for a 125W CFL.  I let the tempretaure drop to lights on approx 20C in the room with open window so they will drink less.  Plants were in 6/7 weeks in veg and were half rooted into 11 litre pots, these were then sat on top of extra 3/4 filled 11 litre pots.  The whole lot watered from the top and trays were left full of water.  I came back to healthy plants although some slightly stretched due to the light height.  They had rooted out the bottom of there pots into the new ones and are doing well.  They went another 3 days till they needed watering, so 14 days in all:yinyang:

2 people like this

Guy's that picture was of 7 days ago ! 

I did even write it under ! 

They were only 10 days there ! 

As the roots weren't develop so big yet I thought is useless put so much water ! 

But I did start dry wet cycle now ...

In that picture u can see only that  I was just keep them moist ..

I use usually the spry too !