Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Idiot At Large

Hello, lets get growing.

41 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a novice smoker, basically trying to ease depression without getting pumped full of happy pills, something not quite right about something with a list a mile long of side effects with effect numero uno being erectile dysfunction! Last thing I need when I'm feeling low is to lose my favourite appendage!

Anyway I have decided to give growing a try and have 90% set up my grow room, here to ask questions, steal knowledge and admire some ingenius hidden spaces!

Look forward to speaking with many of you.

10 people like this

Welcome :)

1 person likes this

Hi and welcome... you've come to the right place!!

:v:

1 person likes this

Hello & welcome to uk420 :yep:

Any grow questions have probally been talked about,search and read is my advice,anything your unsure about then by all means post in the relevent section.

Maybe start a diary of your grow,plenty of helpful growers for advice mate,don`t be shy,we`ve all been new growers at some point.

Enjoy your stay.

Tenchie.

5 people like this

welcome on board  and  good luck with the first grow mate

Hi I A L,

All the best for your grows.

It's a shame i can't remember which strains they were, but over my time growing I've found a few that lifted depression.

Good Hunting fella :yep:

3 people like this

Welcome

A friend of mine (who got me into growing) suffers from biopolar which comes with really bad mood swings.. He has a Jack Herer mother in his livingroom as he says this strain was one of his best for his moods. Ive looked into it before and its down to the high amount of limonene. Ive also been told by this friend that before he found his mother he used to go by smell.. limonene has a strong citrus smell to it so the likes of Jack herer and pineapple express would be good choices.

This is just one mans opinion i may be TOTALLY wrong im no scientist but it seems to work well with him :)

5 people like this

Welcome to the boards bud...growing and toking your own herb helps with depression for sure :yep: 

5 people like this

Welcome bud, see you around the place.......:yep:

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome its very much appreciated!

Currently trying to figure my way through the gallery section and I'll upload some pics of the grow room in its current sorry state!

5 people like this

On 12/23/2017 at 10:49 AM, JamJar said:

Jack Herer mother in his livingroom as he says this strain was one of his best for his moods. Ive looked into it before and its down to the high amount of limonene

I second this. I concentrate on the limonene terpene for this reason when looking for strains to grow.

Jack is my all time favourite ever in all departments. It ticks every box and more. 

2 people like this

Good luck with your exploits on here. No better way to learn than to actually get a grow on. Plus here on UK420 theres heaps of other stuff going on that takes your mind off things.

Find a grow you like the look of, and off you go! Posting regularly will get you all the advice you need without having to ask loads of questions.

Its like having a load of geezers from all walks of life sitting around in your grow room, all smoking killer gear, coaching you every step of the way. 

Its a great hobby with fantastic rewards, and for me at least, the whole experience keeps the demons at bay. Enjoy!

5 people like this

Would you say the strains best suited to helping with depression are easy for novice growers or should I start with a forgiving strain and progress from there?

1 person likes this

Pretty much all strains are very forgiving, select ones' that suit your needs and go from there.

Don't stress on some being more difficult than others, tbf there's not much in it if you have your set up on point...:yep:

Edited by stu914
apostrophe
3 people like this

Cheers Stu, much appreciated! :thumsup:

1 person likes this