Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Benpetert

1000w air cooled question

Hi all. I want to buy an air cooled hood but I'm worried about the noise of an additional fan. I have a high powered 6" ruck fan I can use but at full power it would be way too loud. Would I be able to get a speed controller and run it at say 50% power while still providing sufficient air flow to cool the light? 

Also I only have one extraction point out of the room (a hole in the ceiling into the attic)  Is there anyway to combine the tents out take with the air cooled light into that one extraction point? Or would it be okay to just blow the out take out of the top of the tent and back into the room? 

Thanks 

you might end up with too high intake temps if you simply recirculate the heated air from the lamp. 

But you could buy a ducting Y piece and put the light exhaust duct  and the fan exhaust into the Y to only go out one of your single extraction hole (sounds a bit rude, but it makes sense to me lol

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

you might end up with too high intake temps if you simply recirculate the heated air from the lamp. 

But you could buy a ducting Y piece and put the light exhaust duct  and the fan exhaust into the Y to only go out one of your single extraction hole (sounds a bit rude, but it makes sense to me lol

I wouldn't recirculate the air from the lamp. Just the air from the carbon filter if necessary. If I had two fans going into a y piece would that be counterproductive? I.e would they be competing with one another.