Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dill786

Ancient Machining Technology?

22 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, worzel said:

Well, it's funny you should mention that lol 

Love it. 

2 people like this

haha awesome, not seen this vid before.

he never theorized about electricity what did the ancients use to power the lathe.  or was it like the old potters wheel they manually generated the power for rotation

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dill786 said:

haha awesome, not seen this vid before.

he never theorized about electricity what did the ancients use to power the lathe.  or was it like the old potters wheel they manually generated the power for rotation

Wood. Cordage. Water/human/beast of burden

5 people like this

He makes some good points, and for me it's always been obvious that ancient civilisations have had/used much more advanced machining/tooling technology than archiologists give them credit for. But some of his claims are utter bollocks, stopped watching the video above when his states the statues couldn't be polished to such a degree by hand, I've polished gemstones that would be harder than those statues to a better finish by hand, it just takes longer.

This subject has always interested me, some things haven't changed in design for a long time, for example some roman padlocks are very similar to whats still available. India is especially interesting because parts of their surviving written history is up to 10,000 years old! My personal theory is that at some point in our distant history there were very advanced civilisations (with colonies on the moon/mars) which was wiped out by a cataclysmic war/natural distaster, their surviving decendents (after many centuries of nuclear winter etc) then helped found many of the more well known ancient civilisations. Plus if some of the origional advanced civilisations escaped into space, and contined to advance and flourish it would explain so many of our god myths and alien encounters. I've probably just read too much sci-fi and smoked a bit much though lol

7 people like this

1 person likes this

Amazing! Ive been using my new lathe only this afternoon!

The most amazing thing out of all that is the carvings though. Those little heads on that statue are very perplexing :yes:

1 person likes this