Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dill786

Ancient Machining Technology?

71 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, worzel said:

Well, it's funny you should mention that lol 

Love it. 

2 people like this

haha awesome, not seen this vid before.

he never theorized about electricity what did the ancients use to power the lathe.  or was it like the old potters wheel they manually generated the power for rotation

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dill786 said:

haha awesome, not seen this vid before.

he never theorized about electricity what did the ancients use to power the lathe.  or was it like the old potters wheel they manually generated the power for rotation

Wood. Cordage. Water/human/beast of burden

5 people like this

1 person likes this

He makes some good points, and for me it's always been obvious that ancient civilisations have had/used much more advanced machining/tooling technology than archiologists give them credit for. But some of his claims are utter bollocks, stopped watching the video above when his states the statues couldn't be polished to such a degree by hand, I've polished gemstones that would be harder than those statues to a better finish by hand, it just takes longer.

This subject has always interested me, some things haven't changed in design for a long time, for example some roman padlocks are very similar to whats still available. India is especially interesting because parts of their surviving written history is up to 10,000 years old! My personal theory is that at some point in our distant history there were very advanced civilisations (with colonies on the moon/mars) which was wiped out by a cataclysmic war/natural distaster, their surviving decendents (after many centuries of nuclear winter etc) then helped found many of the more well known ancient civilisations. Plus if some of the origional advanced civilisations escaped into space, and contined to advance and flourish it would explain so many of our god myths and alien encounters. I've probably just read too much sci-fi and smoked a bit much though lol

10 people like this

1 person likes this

Amazing! Ive been using my new lathe only this afternoon!

The most amazing thing out of all that is the carvings though. Those little heads on that statue are very perplexing :yes:

1 person likes this

On 07/07/2018 at 1:39 PM, Mugwuffin said:

This subject has always interested me, some things haven't changed in design for a long time, for example some roman padlocks are very similar to whats still available. India is especially interesting because parts of their surviving written history is up to 10,000 years old! My personal theory is that at some point in our distant history there were very advanced civilisations (with colonies on the moon/mars) which was wiped out by a cataclysmic war/natural distaster, their surviving decendents (after many centuries of nuclear winter etc) then helped found many of the more well known ancient civilisations. Plus if some of the origional advanced civilisations escaped into space, and contined to advance and flourish it would explain so many of our god myths and alien encounters. I've probably just read too much sci-fi and smoked a bit much though lol

thats a good un

my personal theory is kinda similar..   seems to me that every god knows how many thousand of years whomever is controlling all this decides that the humans are getting too advanced technologically or intellectually and they destroy all most everything ( biblical floods/meteors etc) including most humans and we start all over again and from the stone age,,  this is why we find amazing historical engineering like the pyramids, sphinx, puma punku, this is because our ancestors were advanced, we have just forgotten who we are or made to forget!!!!

Edited by dill786
2 people like this

I've watched a lot of interesting stuff on this topic lately.

Mostly following on from watching videos @catfish has been posting in the pyramid thread iirc

But yeah it seems undeniable that the human race has been far far more advanced and likely more civilized than today's standard.

And likely more than once or twice..

Before poof! Back to scratch and start again...

I think the reason this knowledge is suppressed is because if as a race we new for certain that at any point during our lifetimes a random event (meteor/solar storm etc) could just wipe us all off the planet....and it's not just a maybe coz it's happened numerous times before....

Well how inclined to work/pay tax/conform would people be???

Alot less so I expect is the answer...

3 people like this

If you wanna read something interesting, search for 'letter 131' from Tolkien ;)

Totally agree with you Dodgee.

That ancient bicycle video: that acrving hasn't got gears or a chain and contrary to what he says there's no pedal either. The rider's foot is merely reaching down to the ground to push and there's no opposite pedal, or indeed leg.

So what we've got is a couple of wheels and a frame, not exactly beyond the capabilities of 7th century civilizations given what else had been invented well before then. the rest of that video is  bollocks too.

2 people like this

I'm going to stop posting now @Sasquatchas your incredibly high standards can't possibly be met by a mere mortal like me.  Bashing everything I post to get me to react, that seems a bit off to me, and certainly not feeling any warmth, or empathy from you on this forum; maybe it's all shrivelled up?  I won't cause any more feelings of dissatisfaction for you in the conspiracy threads you post in.

It's been a good day so far, brilliant physio session and don't have to go twice a week any more, and to make things even better I return home to find this....

Worzel it is most magnanimous of you to offer to cringe off the thread to forever condemn yourself to life  under a sheeple-ish stone on the floor of some  lifeless tinfoil hat sea, but there's really no need. Many posters in this section have indeed fallen to the Flaming Sword Of Truth wielded by yours truly, malleus scepticorum (should be in italics but can't work out how to highlight in Android with no mouse), but they didn't have the temerity to utter a squeak of protest  which is a shame for I might have spared them. I pity the fools.

You're right of course I'm just a cold blooded sociopath who takes a cruel delight in watching the will to live drain from those who stumble into my spider's web of debunking and undermining  but I'm just a psychotic fuck who inhabits a fantasy forum, with a trophy cabinet full of  the severed heads of past posters ( like the alien has on his spaceship in Predator 2).

I'm not being off with you Worzel it's just that you keep posting shite. Nothing personal. Vince posts shite all the time, just look at the fake news thread, with no sign of stopping soon. He doesn't let sophistry like the truth trouble him, I suggest you follow his example.

:rofl:

Edited by Sasquatch
6 people like this

truth smuth ..i post for various reasons ..one because i look back at things if something new arises ,one because some are so plain ridiculous ,some are curious ,some i believe and some just cos itll tickle people .truth ...pah overated .

2 people like this

If anyone has an hour to spare this was interesting and entertaining if not totally convincing..

But then again it's no more unbelievable than some of the tripe the majority of the planet fall for on a daily basis.

I watched a couple more videos after that one and now I gone and ordered a book called "the pyschadelic gospels" fuck knows where this particular rabbit hole is heading but it's entertaining and I got nothing better to distract myself with at the moment so expect lots more random bollox from dodgee in the coming weeks I expect lol

3 people like this