Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Aphatspliff

Quietest 6-8" fan set up

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice! Currently running a 6" system air rvk and it's a bit too noisey for my liking. Even turned down on a controller. After a bit of googling I've come across the Phresh Hyper fan stealth. Watched a YouTube review and looks pretty impressive. Any users on here that can shed any light on these fans or if there's better available I'd love to hear your suggestions please! Also been looking at the filter silencers for extra stealth. Would this be compatable and again any users out there? Are they worth using? And finally do you think it would be worth upgrading all my 6" to 8" so I could run it even lower therefore reducing the sound even more.. Would this work? 

Any help would be much appreciated! :yinyang:

Hi dgm,

I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these fans too, they do look good.

Found a thread on them...

1 person likes this

Hey man.
I recently bought Phresh hyper fan stealth 6', after doing loads of research. There are so little information and reviews on the internet, unfortunately.

I have no idea what space you have (m3/h needed) or lights you running, but I have it on 35% (minimum) in 120x60x180 tent. I wanted stealth also as there is fair bit of ppl coming to my place and in all honesty, 8' oscillating fan is louder :mellow: (you can crank it to 40-45% still not beating oscillating one). Around 55% I don`t like the whooshing of the air in the duct so much.... but my tent feeds back air to the room fyi

But if you have bigger needs maybe go for 8 inch one

Will post some old pic of my setup

large.59f0a735172da_RoomTop.jpg

Edited by Green Pickle
4 people like this

Thanks for your input @Green Pickle

I have a dr120 and standard 600w hps. Soon to be upgraded to air cooled as soon as the funds allow. The constant hum and drone of my fan is driving me mad :wallbash: I shall be getting myself a Phresh hyper stealth asap!

1 person likes this

Just thought I'd update, got myself a 6" hyper fan stealth in the end... Love it! So quiet and nice and powerful, so can be turned right down. It's virtually silent when running like this. Just need to find a quieter alternative for the bloody clip on oscillating fans now! If anyone's got any suggestions they would be much appreciated!?

Cheers again to those who replied :yinyang:

2 people like this

On 10/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, Aphatspliff said:

Just thought I'd update, got myself a 6" hyper fan stealth in the end... Love it! So quiet and nice and powerful, so can be turned right down. It's virtually silent when running like this. Just need to find a quieter alternative for the bloody clip on oscillating fans now! If anyone's got any suggestions they would be much appreciated!?

Cheers again to those who replied :yinyang:

Way to late to help you now, but screw fix do a 12" desk fan thats really study and quiet on the first setting, I just sit mine on some foam board and its really hard to hear.

1 person likes this

@redbeard Funny enough mate, For a while I used an old 12” desk fan I had around the house when one of my clip ons died. Was alright till the scrog net went up and things got a bit crowded! Bought one of the Secret Jardin fans that hook onto the corner pole of your tent. Was really decent for a few months but starting to make a bit of noise now. Got one of the ‘quiet’ usb desk fans to try out now!!

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

@redbeard Funny enough mate, For a while I used an old 12” desk fan I had around the house when one of my clip ons died. Was alright till the scrog net went up and things got a bit crowded! Bought one of the Secret Jardin fans that hook onto the corner pole of your tent. Was really decent for a few months but starting to make a bit of noise now. Got one of the ‘quiet’ usb desk fans to try out now!!

Right I'm wondering if I can get an 8" mountain Air and a coming phresh stealth fan into a 4ft sq tent :unsure:

The idea was to turn it on really low for stealth and maybe get away with more lighting!

@redbeard

I’ve got a 6” hyper stealth fan and 6” Mountain air in my dr120 but it’s pretty tight if that’s any help? Is there much difference in the length or is just the diameter between the 6 and 8 inch models do you know?

4 hours ago, Aphatspliff said:

@redbeard

I’ve got a 6” hyper stealth fan and 6” Mountain air in my dr120 but it’s pretty tight if that’s any help? Is there much difference in the length or is just the diameter between the 6 and 8 inch models do you know?

Just checked it god thats  108.2 cm in a 120cm size tent 19 kilos!! have to get some ducting 

On 12/05/2018 at 3:29 PM, redbeard said:

i have the phonic trap ducting best thing i ever bought no smooshing sound at all trust me buy it, and i  have just upgarded to the ec revolution 8 inch , my osciating fans are louder lol

On 12/05/2018 at 3:29 PM, redbeard said:

Just checked it god thats  108.2 cm in a 120cm size tent 19 kilos!! have to get some ducting 

1 person likes this

Hi.

I have got the 6 inch Phresh Hyper Stealth also. It's hooked up to a rhino 6 inch pro filter. I also find the wooshing/air turbulence is too noisy when I go to 50% power.

I'm in a 1*1m tent so I can run it on low all the time. It actually hums at 35% so I turn it up slightly.

Currently, the fan is hanging above the tent with an S bend of flexi ducting going into the top of tent with the filter inside. I'm thinking of moving the fan inside the tent, just like green pickles pic to get rid of the S bend. It will just fit. I can either exit through the side, or run on the diagonal and go out the top. My exhaust will go out into the loft and out of the roof.

Thus far I have learnt the following to avoid noise and resistance.

1) Each 90 degree bend = 1m of straight ducting resistance

2) Use solid ducting where possible and always fully stretch the flexi ducting.

3) Minimum 18 inch straight pipe attached to your fan exhaust before making the first 90 degree bend

I'm struggling on point 3 as I don't have the space. @Green Pickle how did you get on? Did you notice any difference going straight into a 90 degree bend? I can afford a 6 inch exhaust before the bend.

An alternative is to have 2 more 90 degree bends and locate the fan in the loft or above the tent. 

If I put the fan in the loft, I would have about 3.5m of ducting to get to the tent and 2.5m of ducting to get to the roof exhaust.

If I leave the fan above the tent, it is  about 1m of ducting to the filter and 5.5m of ducting to get to the roof exhaust.

Note : all ducting is 6inch.

Any suggestions on the quietest option would be appreciated. I might try that phonic ducting that was suggested by @gopedsport