Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wigwag

Help please. Solo 2 v IQ

Dear Vapefiend et al.

So I'm hitting my annual attempt at stoptober again and so haven't smoked a thing for weeks.

I have an atmos jump vape pen thing but haven't used it this year as the draw is so hard and the chamber is tiny. 

So. This year I've decided im gonna get myself a portable vape because despite its flaws I quite like the jump in a weird way. Better than the herbalaire I have anyway. I can't get on with that.

Too much plastic and having to plug it in and all that jazz.

Now I think I have narrowed it down to the Arizer solo2 or devinci iq.

I want a portable, non plastic mouthpiece, decent clouds as I'm coming from a smoking background but cool temperature vapour is important. Low hassle easy clean but also something with longevity.

I think these 2 fill the brief but now I'm torn. I did like the firefly too but read a few times about having to stir the bowl half way through and also the price put me off!

Hopefully someone can make the case for one over the other because I'm totally stumped.

Obvs. Be sourcing from vapefiend but his videos seem to suggest both are great and I'm even more confused.

Does it matter one is conduction and one convection?  

Misses says whichever one will be fine as I won't have the other to compare it too but got stung by the herbalaire which I really hate so don't want to end up in that scenario again!

Thanks for reading people and even more thanks for any opinions or experiences.

Wigwag.

Solo all day. If the old DaVinci is anything to go buy, was not impressed with its build quality(broke very quickly with heavy use.). I have had my solo for 4 years, and only recently changed the battery for the first time. Its simplicity is part of its beauty and gives excellent amount of vapour for a portable.

Mad Elf

4 people like this

Cheers mad elf i had almost convinced myself the davinci was the way to go due to its sleekness really but for a not inconsiderable amount of cash I want something that's gonna last. Thanks for your help.

1 person likes this

The IQ is very very good, and the size and convenience to use do give it an edge. But if you're not bothered about portability or stealth so much I'd be inclined to go for the Solo 2 or Air 2 (due to land this week). 

2 people like this

Second vote for the Solo 2.......I've had the original for 4 years as well, one battery change and it's still going strong but I fancied the upgrage......

Big improvement on the old one, lots of features, less restrictive draw, bit smaller so it's a tad more stealthy, the list goes on.

So as @mad elf says, Solo all day...........:yep:

3 people like this

@vapefiend has the build quality of the Davinci improved any? Once the plates where you opened it to load the chamber got any oil on them, it made it really difficult to open, and inevitably the body breaks. It didn't matter how much I tried to clean it(with alcohol), it was still very sticky. So if I had another, I wouldn't put oils in it. The solo deals with oils no problem..

17 hours ago, mad elf said:

@vapefiend has the build quality of the Davinci improved any? Once the plates where you opened it to load the chamber got any oil on them, it made it really difficult to open, and inevitably the body breaks. It didn't matter how much I tried to clean it(with alcohol), it was still very sticky. So if I had another, I wouldn't put oils in it. The solo deals with oils no problem..

I haven't had this issue, but then I wipe the chamber with a vipe after every use, so it never builds up. I only use oils in the wax pod too- I'm guessing you were too, but to be clear I wouldn't recommend loading oil directly into the IQ's chamber.. I don't think they've made any changes to the build of the IQ though.

Edited by vapefiend
1 person likes this

Solo 2 arrived today from vapefiend. Next day delivery. Banging. Discounted for Halloween or sommat so saved a few quids but holy crap this thing is good.

Cheers for the advice. Totally made up with it. The flavour, the clouds. Glass mouthpiece, reassuringly solid unit.

Gonna be a very nice alternative to spliffs and is gonna make the transition from baccy spliffs alot easier.

Very happy man tonight!

3 people like this

An update after 2 weeks of ownership. Just to help anyone who searches in future.

Still brilliant. The fags are creeping back in but I don't want a baccy spliff I'm happy with me vape!

Still getting the dry tickle back of the throat though so have only used the long mouth piece. Thinking I may give one of the water tube mouthpieces a go.

Been away with the lads on a weekend trip away and was able to vape in the room without any issues.

For me as a not heavy user the battery seems to go on for ever. Had a couple of charges in the 2 weeks although I only have a couple of goes a day and i don’t fully fill the chamber. It does take a fair while to charge although apparently you can use it whilst charging. I haven't needed to yet but the option is there.

Start off at 190 lovely flavour then towards the end ramp it up to 200 then 220. Flavour not as good at the higher temps but that is also because it's aready had a hammering. Vapour is denser at the higher temps though so swings and roundabouts!

The weed always comes out evenly browned all through so very efficient I feel.

Was worried I would rather have a black one but the blue is pretty slick. 

So. Still very happy with the purchase and the herbalaire is gonna have to be sold!

Edited by wigwag
3 people like this

I love the Solo 2 so much I have brought 2 of them and they have pretty much made my Vapexhale Cloud redundant. You made the right choice dude, both my units get hammered daily and both have been working faultlessly.

One thing I love is how easy it is to keep clean, I can't be arsed with vapes where you have to mess about with pipe cleaners, ISO and Qtips a couple of times a week to keep them clean.

3 people like this

Yeh easy as! pipe goes in the dishwasher. Sorted.

Still love it.

Even cheaper on vapefiend at the moment!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just to add to this i got the solo 2 for xmas ( I love you Mrs Archer lol

I already had a Cloud v phantom and solo 1.

The solo 2 is completely awsome. Every improvement needed has been done from the 1 to make it perfect imho.

The battery wipes the floor with anything else i have used as well.

Anyway thats my 2p on them so far :)

Sterl

P.s Finally This whole washing the stems in milk business........ DO NOT DO IT

I tried it today and it just did not clean them at all but made a gunky mess gunkier. Now im soaking milky and gunk stained stems lol

The milk smelled like fish sauce too after long enough to clean them so imho ....  Just no I say,  No 

Edited by sterling-archer
3 people like this

Just put the mouthpieces in the dishwasher with the cutlery!

Very glad to hear that you're happy with your Solo 2!

Happy New Year :-)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, vapefiend said:

Just put the mouthpieces in the dishwasher

I am the bloody dishwasher.........:rofl:

14 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

washing the stems in milk

Lesson learnt bud, I did that once, just once was enough.......I use kitchen roll and lighter petrol followed by a rinse in hot soapy water, does the trick......:yep:

I'm with you on the solo 2, great piece of kit, I had a faulty one and Vapefiend replaced it within a week with a brand spanker, no complaints there.....:yep:

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

1 person likes this