Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Absurdist

Can anyone recall their dreams when smoking every day?

52 posts in this topic

@botanics

I'll need to play catch up, I think. I'm only loosely aware of his work (Watts). I sense to give that justice, a quick-fire-back won't do. Expect a ping when I have. Having him on the background has got my interest...

And I think that post you initially brushed over was it's self not-too-tuned and tangential from your original points. I'm sure we'll cope :D

1 person likes this

@botanics

Hmmm. Obviously I'm no expert, but from what I'm gathering....do you suggest that I can fix neurological problem with a change in attitude? I can free myself from it by choice, by finding a new spiritual path? *blink-blink*  yes/no?  Would you say the same about epilepsy?

I'm struggling to identify. Dad was a marxist, I have no godhead to replace with eastern derived philosophy.

I'll listen again, though, interesting stuff. I'll not stop with this.

1 person likes this

@j.o.i.n.t

The mind can heal mate and all is in nature, every ailment, every cure however there's thinking and then there's believing and the two are not the same, I can't say that 'a change in attitude' is what would work as I don't know, it's your reality and only you will know if you believe it...not think it, 'know' it and see, if not, then learned something you have either way and that means something to work from and on it goes until you do find what it is you seek.

I have no 'Godhead' either bud...religion has never been a part of my existence and was full on ego when younger...very naive and blinkered see, only by hitting the wall and going to places in the mind that I don't recommend have I discovered who I want to be (notice I've written 'want to be' as you will never ever know who you are due to the flux that is life and the changes it brings)

When you understand this fully, you realise where and what real power is ;) If you listen to Watts, you may hear him talk of Taoism, Zen etc and particularly thinking about the tale of the student that askes the Zen master to 'teach' him Zen and the master responds with 'I have nothing to teach you' ...do understand it and if so what why does he say he has nothing to teach ?

I haven't smoked weed for weeks and weeks and some of the vivid dreams I'm having are wild/weird as fuk... Very weird some are.. :mellow:

Must get back on the good old Mary at some point,  i seem to have given up  chonging  unintentionally.. lol

@botanics

Fair enough.

I'm going to smoke myself silly now. Have a good eve :)

1 person likes this

Make thought and the brain your godhead. Be careful with it though, its a different kettle of fish to something that you carry around and lives in your thought dimension, an idea. a god.

Brains are harder to control than god.

@botanicsmy completely sane grandmother likes to tell me that she has a sort of "connection" with another world, and that she sees it in me too. I say completely sane as in she's in her right mind, just old, so it sounds like a load of horsecrap, but sometimes I believe her.

Also, on the subject of fixing ailments with the mind, I 100% believe that the human brain is capable of fixing any illness in the body it inhabits. My mother used to be a hypnoanalitical psychotherapist (now retired) and has told me stories of patients that had "uncureable" cancer, (two patients, to be specific) who, after daily hypnotherapy sessions with my mother and listening to suggestion tapes made by her, went for their next check up and were told that no trace of cancer could be found. One of them had lung cancer, one lung had already been removed. I can't remember what the other one had.

Also, when speaking of hypnotherapy I don't mean "quack like a duck" and childhood traumas and all that. I mean simple suggestion, letting the patient guide the therapist, no idea planting. With these patients, my mother basically worked with them to help them fight it, using hypnosis for the patient to "converse" with the cancer itself and basically tell it to go away. She only ever had two cancer patients, and both of them were apparently cured. 

1 person likes this