Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starbud

315w is it really comparable to...

49 posts in this topic

I was looking to buy into these CMH's myself tbh :g: but I dunno so much now see, the LED work I'm seeing about the boards and also with the rigs that can be tailor wired for all sizes and shapes seems to put them at an advantage from my pov...

If I'm honest I think these CMH are too expensive at the moment to sway enough people, even though the lamps may last longer and better flavoured weed etc, it's that initial outlay and when you're skint as fuck.   A 20 quid Sodium is a guranteed lamp that will provide buds that can run on an old mag ballast that can also be purchased cheaply and of course being simply engineered, longevity without technical incidences are reduced accordingly.

I'm swaying more towards LED more and more for the future of my growing (and I NEVER thought I'd say that a few years ago lol ), They are definitely comparible, from what I've seen, with other systems and look to be the future for most lighting applications :v: 

1 person likes this

@ratdog, yeah, me too. Well, no, I'm 100% sold ~ just a case of When! And what with? I tested out Mrs L's reaction yesterday. Was expecting her to point at the emptiness that is our kitchen, and the absence of carpets throughout the ground floor and the same in one bedroom, a bathroom (with a leaking bath) and the landing. Let alone the fact we need rather a lot of furniture. Or maybe she could have pointed at the yet to be done wet-room?

But she didn't. Asked why, so I trowelled it on a bit (could smell the possibility of the impossible actually happening), and mentioned increased potency and yield, and then wielded the hammer-blow "Even @oldtimer1 has changed all his!"

Silence. Hmmmmmm, the glimmer of a smile as I pointed to our jar of pennies (one of them big old jars that used to hold toffees and sweets ready for weighing out when I was a nipper, which is now pretty much full with all change 20p, 10p, 5p and so on).

She's not said yay, she's not said nay.

Now what the fuck am I meant to make of that? Could get messy if I get this wrong ....................  :fish:

5 Minutes later....

@botanics Aaaaaaaaarrrghhhh!

That's torn it, I'm off oot with my dogs!

Edited by Arnold Layne
2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

@ratdog, yeah, me too. Well, no, I'm 100% sold ~ just a case of When! And what with? I tested out Mrs L's reaction yesterday. Was expecting her to point at the emptiness that is our kitchen, and the absence of carpets throughout the ground floor and the same in one bedroom, a bathroom (with a leaking bath) and the landing. Let alone the fact we need rather a lot of furniture. Or maybe she could have pointed at the yet to be done wet-room?

But she didn't. Asked why, so I trowelled it on a bit (could smell the possibility of the impossible actually happening), and mentioned increased potency and yield, and then wielded the hammer-blow "Even @oldtimer1 has changed all his!"

Silence. Hmmmmmm, the glimmer of a smile as I pointed to our jar of pennies (one of them big old jars that used to hold toffees and sweets ready for weighing out when I was a nipper, which is now pretty much full with all change 20p, 10p, 5p and so on).

She's not said yay, she's not said nay.

Now what the fuck am I meant to make of that? Could get messy if I get this wrong ....................  :fish:

Your house sounds like my house! I had one of those big jars for change, £200 in there when full! Just buy one! As we know, it's easier to gain forgiveness than permission! 

@Arnold Layne

:bag: Sorry mate...I'll keep my trap shut whilst you're deliberating lol