Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joolz

Right Wing UK Cannabis Activist Coughs Up $47K In Legal Fees

35 posts in this topic

clearreportad_web.jpg

A militant right-wing marijuana activist, Peter Reynolds, leader of British cannabis law reform pressure group, CLEAR, has been forced to hand over £36,323.86 ($47,500 USD) in legal fees to NORML UK activist Chris Bovey. The court order followed a long running battle in a defamation case brought about by Reynolds.

Reynolds initially issued a defamation writ against Chris Bovey and three other activists back in 2013. Acting as a Litigant In Person, with no professional legal representation, Reynolds paid £8,580 ($11,200 USD) in court fees to serve the writs. He alleged he had been defamed by the other activists for their suggesting he was a racist anti-Semitic bigot who had a reputation for reporting medical marijuana users to the police. (Interestingly enough, Reynolds IS a racist, anti-Semitic bigot who has a reputation for reporting medical marijuana users to the police.)

PRick_cocaine.jpg

Anti-Semitism, Racism, Homophobia

Back in 2012, Reynolds took over the former UK group, the Legalise Cannabis Alliance and rebranded it as CLEAR.

Soon after, a series of highly offensive and racist blogs written by Reynolds came to light. In the blogs, Reynolds described Jews as “evil,” complained there were not enough white faces in London, and, incredibly, claimed female models suffered from anorexia because the fashion industry is run by “gay perverts” who deliberately dress them up to look like little boys.

The UK cannabis scene can accurately be described as somewhat liberal, so there was outrage when his offensive blogs were exposed. They were literally full of misogynistic, homophobic, racist rants. There were calls for the nation of Pakistan to be nuked. There were suggestions that “the Jews” should have been “left to their own devices” during the Second World War, as “they’re nothing but trouble.”

Reynolds even bitched that there were too many gay air stewards on British Airways’ planes.

Peter Reynolds Reports His Critics To The Police

As well as being the author of far right racist and homophobic blogs, Reynolds had gained a reputation for reporting his critics to the police. Thankfully, the UK authorities never took his complaints seriously and nobody was ever arrested.

It is, however, understood Reynolds caused a great deal of distress to a number of medicinal users of cannabis, including respected campaigner, Clark French. French is a young multiple sclerosis patient and director of UK medical marijuana lobby group, the United Patients Alliance.

peter-reynolds-grass.jpg

Activist Bovey was determined to fight the case and hired a firm of professional defamation lawyers who swiftly had the case thrown out of Court by judge, Master Eastman. He was subsequently ordered to pay £20,482 ($26,760 USD) to cover Bovey’s legal fees.

Instead of paying the money up, Reynolds refused, and issued further vexatious claims trying to appeal against the costs and the original judgement of the Court. These too were also thrown out of court adding a further £8,422.34 ($11,000 USD). Reynolds refused to pay and boasted online that Chris stood “not a snowball’s chance in hell of getting a penny from him!”

Meanwhile, while Peter Reynolds refused to pay, hiding from the High Court Enforcement officers and claiming poverty, the bill was not going away and Statutory Interest was being added daily at 8 percent, adding an extra £7,418.98 ($9,750) to his final bill.

An Expensive Lesson

Fortunately for Chris, it is very difficult to get out of paying a High Court Debt in the UK. Reynolds discovered at his own great expense. He had recently inherited a sizable amount of money, which was more than enough to cover the legal costs he owed.

Bovey’s lawyers threatened to take Peter to court to get the money, so when faced with the prospect of paying yet more interest and more in legal fees, Reynolds finally relented. He paid the debt in full, which was now almost double what he was originally ordered to pay.

22256634_10212474741516123_7311275883452

“I’m glad the fool has finally paid up,” Chris Bovey told Toke Signals. “I always said he would not get out of paying the High Court Order he was legally obliged to pay. It was a right pain in the ass being sued by a fruit loop, but if you are going to be involved in any form of litigation, it’s always better to be on the winning side. I’m just glad it’s finally over.

“Mr Reynolds has paid a very high price for his stupidity,” Bovey said. “Hopefully he’ll think twice before issuing any more vexatious lawsuits.”

https://tokesignals.com/right-wing-uk-cannabis-activist-coughs-up-47k-in-legal-fees/

22 people like this

Poor man.......where do we send the money for the whip-round to help him out.........:wassnnme:

2 people like this

Peter the Poet, he called me a paranoid cunt lol 

He had recently inherited a sizable amount of money, which was more than enough to cover the legal costs he owed.

that`s got to be better than getting mummy and daddy to help out, but I bet he`s fucking seething though, well we can hope lol 

e2a, this story has made my day lol 

any one got a pic of him in his wanking gown? 

Edited by ratdog
9 people like this

9 minutes ago, ratdog said:

that`s got to be better than getting mummy and daddy to help out

pretty sure the inheritance was from his late parents estate so in a roundabout way they did help him out

i bet they would be really proud that he used it so wisely

5 people like this

I was wondering if that was the case after I posted.

That`s a serious chunk of inheritance money to spunk on your ego, and lose 

But we all know he was banking on making a shit load money out of medical users, I can`t quite remember what the scam was, if indeed it was a scam*

*added for legal reasons lol 

7 people like this

lollol I'd say that's a good day's work for Chris Bovey, tidy :yep:

1 person likes this

Ahahahahahahaha cunt.

E2A I mean lying, racist, homophobic, antisemitic, misogynistic, spunky dressing gown wearing cunt. Sue me Peter, please, I could do with some cash but I'm in no hurry lol

Edited by Boojum
7 people like this

well that turned out nice

4 people like this

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Poor man.......where do we send the money for the whip-round to help him out.........:wassnnme:

:rofl::rofl:

Cheers @stu914 I really needed that!! :thumsup:

1 person likes this

Well this perked up an unusually shitty day. 

5 people like this

Haha lol 

I was just woken up by a phone call from Totnes police telling me that the dirty grass Peter Reynolds, who owes me tens of thousands of pounds, has demanded I be arrested and have my computer equipment seized, because someone (not me) has been leaving rude messages on his blog and he is accusing me. As if I'm the only person who doesn't like him.

They said no action is being taken and were not accusing me of anything. However they asked me if I did know who was leaving rude messages on Reynolds' blog to ask them to stop.

So therefore I am asking people not to leave rude comments on der Fuhrer's blog as it upsets him and to only leave comments that are respectful and praising of the dear leader of CLEAR. Do not use Tor browser, as this hides your IP address.

I hope that is clear, do not leave rude comments on Reynolds' blog as he reads them and doesn't like it.

1 person likes this

this the problem with "activists" they all want some kind of glory, instead of fighting for the common good they fight among themselves, a the governbent are just sitting laughing, if we as cannabis users cant come together and fight for our rights under 1 banner what's the point, might as well keep it illegal!

3 people like this

hi

Peter Reynolds, leader !!!

lol 

Bongme :yinyang:

3 people like this

HA HA......

I get the feeling that Petes plan has always ended up with him as the MASTER of 'legal' weed, sitting on piles of cash and quaffing brandy and cigars with likeminded twats in suits, leather chairs, fireplace, Gentlemen only clubs. He wants to mix in those circles and will do whatever it takes to be one of those people.. I AM IN CONTROL... look at the little people down there. You want weed? You have to go through my/our organisation and pay for the priviledge. (evil laugh...)

My guess would be that (even if he is a part of the founding of such an organisation), over time, he will be forced out by the real big boys... And then probably try to sue them for not wanting to be his friend any more)... 

I get a dirty, creepy feeling just reading about his exploits...

Cannabis Trades Association UK (CTAUK).

27 May A Significant Day For Cannabis Law Reform In The UK.

cta-meet-wide.jpg?resize=700%2C394&ssl=1

This Thursday past, 25th May 2017, was the inaugural general meeting of the Cannabis Trades Association UK (CTAUK).

While this may not excite your average cannabis consumer too much, it represents a very important, even momentous occasion in our progress towards a regulated cannabis market.  Anyone spotting our meeting room would have seen it as just another group of business people in a day long meeting with Powerpoint presentations, flipcharts and gallons of coffee and mineral water.  GSK were just down the corridor, an insurance company was next door, it all looked very corporate and pretty boring.

ctaukconf11-e1495820580954.jpg?resize=22This is exactly the point.  We are bringing cannabis into the mainstream, overcoming the stigma, making it respectable.  The idea that the Holiday Inn at Gatwick would have signs pointing to a ‘cannabis’ meeting would have been unthinkable until very recently.

Of course, CTAUK is concerned only with the legal cannabis trade so, in the main, that means CBD products but membership has started to expand rapidly.  In the coming weeks we anticipate we will be joined by UK hemp growers and a very important new medical cannabis research consortium.  Within the next few months we expect almost every significant player in all aspects of the UK cannabis market to be part of the association.

ctauk-meet-cu.jpg?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1So, although at first glance, this boring business meeting may not excite CLEAR members and followers, it heralds the dawn of a new age. Cannabis is coming out of the shadows. Reform is just round the corner.

Twenty years ago similar meetings took place in California, fifteen years ago similar meetings were held in Canada, Israel, the Netherlands and other US states.  Just three or four years ago they were happening in Colorado, Washington, Oregon, etc.  The UK’s time has come. Not a joint was rolled, not a bong was lit, there wasn’t a vapouriser or a hash cookie to be seen.  No longer are we playing at this, it’s now become serious.

Source: CLEAR website... but not linking to it...

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, ritchtbiscuit said:

HA HA......

I get the feeling that Petes plan has always ended up with him as the MASTER of 'legal' weed, sitting on piles of cash and quaffing brandy and cigars with likeminded twats in suits, leather chairs, fireplace, Gentlemen only clubs. He wants to mix in those circles and will do whatever it takes to be one of those people.. I AM IN CONTROL... look at the little people down there. You want weed? You have to go through my/our organisation and pay for the priviledge. (evil laugh...)

My guess would be that (even if he is a part of the founding of such an organisation), over time, he will be forced out by the real big boys... And then probably try to sue them for not wanting to be his friend any more)... 

I get a dirty, creepy feeling just reading about his exploits...

well said.