Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sroporilshoot

Early Amnesia CBD Single plant Hempy

146 posts in this topic

@Dinafem-Mark  Thanks Mark... Would these not be looking like finishing in the 60 days? 

Cheers

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, sroporilshoot said:

looking like finishing in the 60 days? 

Just going of the pictures I would say they have 15-20 days left so yes in theory and how you want your trichomes they can be easily be finished by day 60 :bong:

It's looking great in here  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Thought I'd have a bit of a picture sesh and see if I could get any decent buddage shots. Took a few just before lights on with the camera (10 yr old) on its highest settings. 

large.1.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.4.jpglarge.6.jpglarge.2.jpg

Thought I'd get one of the plants out for a shot, the other plant (the fuel'y smelling one has better buddage but this one was looking okay

large.7.jpg

Until I saw where it had been touching the side of the tent..Too much negative pressure.  It looks a bit worse than it is, hopefully a bit of light and air circulation will help it out. One of the clip on 8 inch fans has gone west so's I've got a tower fan in there now. 

large.8.jpg

Bit of a bummer but hopefully not too much harm done. Next time it's deffo gonna be lollipopping and defoliating. 

I got the scope out and had a look at the trichomes, mostly they are getting to the cloudy stage so's on the way. I'd like to get the best out of these so's a few days or a week or so past the 60 isn't a problem ... Thanks @Dinafem-Mark

Cheers

8 people like this

Looking great mate well done:yep:

3 people like this

@Crentz.....Thanks man.  Just gotta hold em together for the home run!

2 people like this

Plain sailing from here man:yep:

2 people like this

Looks good bud

2 people like this

@K-dawg  Thanks for dropping by man ...Cheers ATB

Edited by sroporilshoot
2 people like this

I asked this question on the hydroponics Q & A forum but didn't get any reply's, mebs someone looking in here will be able to give me some advice? 

I'm planning to go with @Owderb's hydro flushing advice.  I've been feeding the plants at ec 1.75 inc 0.2 background (Ionic one part nutes, no extras) to make 10l of feed up it takes 15-20 drops of pH down to get me to the 6.0 to 6.1 pH mark.  From reading the advice what it's telling me to do is to ditch/reduce the 'P' by going at this stage of the grow, 50/50 grow /bloom, initially at a recuced ec. Keep reducing the ec and end up just on a weak feed of grow nutes only. The last few days just plain water . 

I haven't used any P/K boost etc, my way of thinking being, they get a bit extra P from the pH down.  Before I pH the nute solution it stands at 6.3/ 6.4, (water out of the tap is pH 6.7. Questions are:  At this stage of the grow with those ec readings can I do away with the pH down while I'm at pH 6.3 / 6.4 ?  Also, as I reduce the ec I understand the pH will rise a little more, if it got to say 6.6 would it make any difference?  could I still do without the pH down or would it affect the uptake of the low ec feed? 

Cheers

2 people like this

Lovely plants mate and a good job of topping and training early on ;)

I would lollipop the lower stuff next time though. Enjoyed reading through your diary.

I've never grown in hydro mate but going off a ph chart for hydro you won't uptake any Phosphorus, Boron or Manganese  at 6.6 but you'll be fine for N, K and all the other micro nutrients.

3 people like this

I think reducing any of your nutrients would be just taking away from your final yield mate, just blast them with nutrients until your ready to flush:yep:

I personally wouldn't go above 6.2 in Hydro when flowering, the ph can be a little higher in flower but you will lockout certain nutrients, I try to keep the ph between 5.6 and 6.2 depending whether I'm in Veg or bloom. PH usually drops in bloom so I ph the nutrients at around 6 and let it drift down;)

3 people like this

@jadenugs Hello mate....Thanks for dropping by and the info, very much appreciated cheers:yep:  It's still abit of a quandry though..unless I'm being a bit thick like lol Owderb's system is to slowly get shot of the P. If I were to just do a normal flush over the same 10-14 days with plain water the plants wouldn';t uptake those nutes anyway? He does say to pH the feed until you get to the plain water time, just with my pH being not far off I was wandering if I could just stop the pH down? 

Like you say I'm deffo gonna lollipop next time and a bit of defoliation, it's all a learning curve.  I keep thinking I should have gone for the 1.2m tent for that bit extra space cos I do find it easier with less but bigger plants kept shortish. The perlite/vermiculite is okay but if the plants are tall and top heavy they tend to want to lean or topple over, with the center of gravity lower never had that problem this time . 

@Crentz got to agree with you re the feed, I'll be starting the flush before long, like I say I'm gonna go with owderbs system. Instead of going with 10 days plain water I'll just lower the feed mebs ec 1.4 50/50 grow bloom for a few days then an ec of 1.0 - 0.6 with just the grow nutes for a few days and finish off with the plain water. Anyway mate that's the plan:yep: It is something like you say...keep the nutes until the end. 

Last time I tapered off the feed with 2 plants and the other 2 just got a weeks worth of plain water, that was after after putting loads of water through to reduce the runoff ec first.  The smoke was far better on the plants that had been tapered off. I don't know the specifics behind it, but it's something like the salts in the bucket can attach easier to a lower ec nute solution than plain water? 

Thanks for coming on guys ...what a great place this is!

Cheers

3 people like this

30 minutes ago, sroporilshoot said:

He does say to pH the feed until you get to the plain water time, just with my pH being not far off I was wandering if I could just stop the pH down? 

Yeah I knew where you were coming from mate but didn't wanna say a lot because I've no experience in hydro lol

So your thoughts are not wanting to use ph down if you can help it due to the phosphoric acid in the ph down? You haven't used a booster and your ec will be low so I can't see the ph down making too much of a difference. Just my thoughts though dude :) Plants can take a lot of P, it's in abundance in the wild. As long as you give them a decent flush with plain water at the end all should be fine. Have you considered using a different acid to lower the ph, ascorbic or lemon juice, vinegar? I wouldn't have a clue how stable they are though :)

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

Have you considered using a different acid to lower the ph, ascorbic or lemon juice, vinegar? I wouldn't have a clue how stable they are though :)

Cheers man ...I'll have a research but mebs like you say below

20 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

Plants can take a lot of P, it's in abundance in the wild. As long as you give them a decent flush with plain water at the end all should be fine.

A few drops here and there probably in the scheme of things wouldn't be much and like you say as long as I finish off with the plain water the job'll be a good un:yep:

That's it with this growing man..You kinda get the basics, try and refine it a bit and, end up with more questions than you did at the start lol  

Cheers

3 people like this

Haha yeah man, always looking to improve, makes it more interesting. And so does the finished product :yep: 

Good luck finishing them off, you've certainly done a fine job with them :bong:

I've had some of these beans for quite a while now so it will be good to hear what you think of the end result ;)

Edited by jadenugs
to add
3 people like this