Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Magicmunchietree

Help with switching back to veg from flower

Hello, I consider myself a new member still. Only posted once before and still a relative newbie.

I have a decision to make and wonder if anybody has done this before.

I flicked to flower to weeks ago. I have one 600w air cooled hps and one mars hydro 600W hps equivalent LED. Environment is good and plants are growing, dark green BUT, I think I could have been underfeeding them. I tried bottom feeding them on this one, using KISS as simple as could be, but maybe I was giving them way too little volume, and the stems just arent that thick, nor have fully turned green yet, and the arms arent very strong either. New growth a plenty, and a few white hairs starting to form. I have been advised by an experienced friend to revert back to a veg cycle of light, 18/6 or 20/4 for a week or so and then restart the bloom phase from week 1 again. 

Spangly is the word that comes to mind when trying to describe them, plenty of arms and look in nice enough health but without any real weight behind them. What do you guys think, can plants be sucessfully reverted back with good results or is it best to carry on and hope for the best, now Ive diagnosed the cause. Since ive top fed them to get 20% run off, theyve grown a few inches in a couple of days, but Ive just hit week 3 of flower. But if I need to add an extra 7-12 days to my cycle to guarantee the right results, Im stuck in two minds. 

Any help appreciated as always, thanks for reading. 

well ..... you CAN go back to veg , but each plant reacts differently , and one week is the worst of both worlds , it will just confuse the plant ... and week 3 of flower is too late imo to start fucking about .. leave em to flower 

3 people like this

It takes ages to revert a plant back to veg, then if you push her straight back into flower she will be one stressed girl, probably end up in a worse condition than what it started. Reverting to veg is more to preserve genetics. 

Stop listening to this guy, whoever he is lol 

3 people like this

Thanks for the replies. I am going to stick it out and let them get on with it, now they're responding to more volume they have come on somewhat. They might just go crazy now, they might not. There is only one way to find out I suppose.

2 people like this