Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BENBUDS

Amsterdam with kids

Evening all, I apologise if anyone is offended by this but hey ho. Soon to be going to Amsterdam with my 6 year old boy, and  being a heavy toker will need some weed. But obviously not going to leave boy outside whilst I buy weed! Have been many times but without kids, I can vaguely remember a kiosk like place with a big glass window which would be safe to buy from, can anyone recommend any places, suggestions to overcome this?

cheers, 

peace out

Posted (edited)

You got a big-ish rucksack?

Edited by Chester Copperpot
4 people like this

Make friends with someone, and ask them to nip into the shop for you.

1 person likes this

@BENBUDS

There`s many a coffee shop in the Dam that have seating areas outside,just sit your lad outside with a drink or something whilst you nip in and do your buisness. You will be able to keep an eye on him easy enough,enjoy your trip.

Tenchie.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Tenchie said:

@BENBUDS

There`s many a coffee shop in the Dam that have seating areas outside,just sit your lad outside with a drink or something whilst you nip in and do your buisness. You will be able to keep an eye on him easy enough,enjoy your trip.

Tenchie.

Can't see anything bad happening in that scenario, anyone else :unsure:?

4 people like this

Not to sound like a paranoid nutjob @Tenchie but Amsterdam is such a busy place I wouldn't leave a child unattended for a second, especially somewhere like Centraal. Maybe @BENBUDS can pop to Haarlem, at Willie Wortel (not far from Haarlem station) you can buy bud at a counter right by the door as you have to ask to go into the smoke area in back.

4 people like this

lol

With hindsight that was probally a tad silly of me to suggest that,reason I did was I`ve seen locals do it many a time,places like The Doors were the bar tender is by the door! Other places they come out,no good if you want to see the menu. Guys going to Amsterdam with a child,what would you do? Are you staying overnight? Lock him in a hotel room,back in 5 dont move? The Kiosk you mention,only one I remember is in the Grasshopper,you would still need to enter to buy tho.Take a friend? Nothing else I can think of,so once again,enjoy your trip.

Tenchie.

1 person likes this

You see kids in Amsterdam, they rove in packs with their Hype shirts and Snapback caps with the skinny jeans and I just realised I sound like an old man!

My main point is you never see them alone.

13 minutes ago, Tenchie said:

Guys going to Amsterdam with a child,what would you do?

I wouldn't take a child to Centraal If I was the only responsible adult, but that's me. 

1 person likes this

Many thanks for all the replies!! Grinning now reading those!lol Fair play tenchie, I thought that was a reasonable idea initially!!Then yeah that is a def no no! Yeah will prob stay for a week but not in Amsterdam, I usually drive and camp in either delft or Gouda, but me and partner split and little lad has only been on plane once so going to fly. So buying weed in past never been an issue, if I'm honest I'm only going as have only just flipped lights and I'm smoking leaf!!norfolk is like the Sahara! Cheers smeg head  the Harlem idea sounds a good one, never been but heard it mentioned quite a bit. Will keep this updated for anyone interested once I get back.will be a few weeks yet! Peace out

1 person likes this

@BENBUDS I've been talking about it a lot lately in my amsterdam posts, if you like camping I can highly recommend staying near National Park Zuid-Kennemerland there would be loads for your lad to do there.

http://www.campingdebranding.nl/en/alle-accommodaties-en/

Not far from Haarlem either, not far from Centraal really. Very jealous of their public transport it takes the piss out of ours!

2 people like this

Cheers smeg head that could be ideal, have stayed in lodges and camped at zeeburg   A few times but don't really think it's ideal for children, really love delft but very few coffee s hops last time I was there. Yeah I know what you mean with the public transport, I don't use it here but would if it was that efficient. I'm always on this site but rarely comment or post anything, think I will more as all your comments have been very helpful! Peace out

1 person likes this

No problem @BENBUDS hope you get some quality time with your lad!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd leave him at home with someone as amsterdam isnt a place for children to be plonked onto a seat outside a coffee shop, the cops will be onto you in jig time & quite rightly so imho.

all it takes is seconds for him to either disappear or to fall into a canal, it's also illegal to have a minor under 18 on the premises of a coffee shop & the shop could loose their lience if theyre caught.

e2a - his mum will also probably do her nut if she finds out that you left the boy outside a coffee shop & this can lead to a world of hurt for you, if she goes to the cops & reports you for endangering the boy,

you'll also probably loose access as no lawyer worth his salt will represent you once the facts are known.

Edited by Joint hogger
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@BENBUDS 

You might want to look at amsterdamescapes- rentals in Niuewmarket that have some gratis on arrival and will happily deliver to you for the duration.

It's a great location, not cheapest but can often be up for a deal if they have availability. There's a cool underground kids play area fairly centrally, google it.

If the weather is good head to Westerpark, great kids outdoor paddling pool and fountains, adventure playground. 

Generally a lot of play areas  and street water fountains for when the weathers good.

Amsterdam is very kid friendly, have a great time!

Look up tunfun.nl

Edited by Gojitangie
Add
1 person likes this

Thanks Gojitangie will look into that delivery option. the outdoor paddling pool will go down very well too! Many thanks I'm sure we will!

Thanks Jointhogger. Yeah I totally agree I wouldn't leave him outside that's why I'm on here asking for ideas.

peace out

1 person likes this