Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Canna Coco Feed Chart ? High EC ?

21 posts in this topic

So the Canna Coco feed chart on their website recommends SKY HIGH E.C levels, right?

Like 1.1 starting ec or 1.5 in veg? Like my plants look a lil hungry but not that much hungry...

This chart is per litre

gallery_79793_13343_25186.png

Edited by lukio

@@lukio Mate I used the Aqua for my last NFT grow and it almost killed my crop. Trust your instincts with it. 1.5 seems well high to me even in flower, but I ignored my judgement went with the label and ended up with half a crop. I was fuming. I haven't used Canna since, went back to Hesi.

2 people like this

@@lukio Well I'm back in soil now mate, but in coco I run 0.8 - 0.9 until the plants tell me otherwise. And usually they don't. I'm hard water so if I PH to 5.9 with about 15ml of A&B max they seem to be happy. My last lot of Disco's never went above 1.5 if I remember rightly, they were coco.

But as I say in NFT I went by the label and crippled my crop. It said 1.4 then up to 1.8, which I now know is quite high in hydro.

I'm running some autos in coco and I followed the light feed chart for 5 weeks and the last 4 weeks I've followed the normal feed chart. The plants are loving it, no defficiances, so I'm going to follow the heavy feed til flush/harvest.

hmmm i might bump mine up a little - im on about half of their light feed.

i run RO water and add calmag til 0.4 ec, then the rest is Coco A&B, rhizo, cannazym and a lil bit of silica til i get to around 0.9/1.0 ec max in veg - that works out at 2ml A&B a litre...not 3.8 ml/l

Edited by lukio

If your plants look hungry up the ec by .1 of A and b then leave them on that for a little while, if they still look hungry do the same again. I wouldn't go upping it massively. Better to be under fed for a bit rather than over fed. Use the chart as a guide to tell you what to use when. Every plant is going to be a bit different it's something you will have to dail in and figure out your self .. read the plants not the chart :)

1 person likes this

Do yourself a favour and fuck that chart off. Canna aint worth a wank these days unless yur running their full range. Too many nute companies have changed their ab ingredients so you have to buy the full range . Its a fucking ripp off .

Edited by Sinbud
4 people like this

I also fucked off the pure water for a mix of both. Even fixing with calmag werent enough to stop defficiencies. A and b is lacking in the p aswell. I thought i had cal mag defficiencies but it was because canna had stripped the p and i beleive their boost now has it to make it up.prevously when i grew canna coco a and b was complete and you didnt need fuck all else except pk at about week 5 and i swore by rhizo in veg.

Edited by Sinbud
1 person likes this

I did notice Canna are starting to sell their own Canna CAL/MAG, I did wonder if they had pulled some out of the A+B to create a problem to sell you something else.

That chart must have killed many a crop! Their NFT one is soooo fucking strong i'm surprised it is still up! I'm sure it was rated stronger as well when the chart first came out. Still, not as bad as House & Garden suggesting a 2.2 EC on the side of the bottle at full flower week 5-6 (I think it was that high). Try 2.2 EC in an NFT and you watch how quick shit goes wrong. lol I learned a valuable lesson that crop, H&G is strong fert, NFT does not like strong fert levels!

1 person likes this

Canna nutes are "pure" shit these days.. Do yourself a favour, and buy some Hesi Coco bloom.. 3ml/ltr for veg, and 5ml/ltr for the blooming stage.. So much simpler, almost takes the fun out of growing.. IMO

Nothing else needed.. Unless U wanna.. Another option is GHE MaxiBloom powder.. 1-1.2EC the whole cycle..

Edited by neural_rust
1 person likes this

i follow people on youtube pulling 1500g in 4 x 8 spaces with diy leds. there isnt anyhting wrong with canna, dude. Its just that they want you to use it all up as fast as poss

Edited by lukio

I've never had a problem with Canna, just their insane feeding doses. The Terra in soil, you've got to have 10ft plants with a few kilo on them to be using that full strength as per the label.

I just found it interesting that they introduced a Cal/Mag line, missing out on sales from the people who like to add it? or removed it so you have to add it now?

@@GreenPirate

Yo yeah i saw that, ive been chatting to peeps that run the above setups in america using canna nutes and RO water and they dont add any CalMag, none! They say theres enough in the Canna as it is....? Ive been adding Calmag at 1ml a litre since i started growing and now im not sure i need it.

Im tempted to totally drop the calmag and see what happens. I think canna are just selling it cause they can and i dont think you need it at all - even with RO water...

See I understand the possible benefits of adding it to CoCo if the science is right in CoCo needing more but I run NFT, i've always been under the understanding that, all nutrients are available in the base as long as PH is in range. NFT plants will just take what element it needs as it passes by, ignoring the excess that it does not need. The benefits of having no medium.

I added Cal/Mag to my last crop in NFT, I can't see a reason to add it again as IMO it felt like it added fuck all to the end result. I might think of adding it every 2nd or 3rd week as a just in case but I feel i'm buying into the bullshit when it comes to using it in NFT.

Sorry I know this is a CoCo topic, just it was Canna info so thought i'd add to it.